Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loads of Aussies are named Brontë. Such an ugly name. Makes me think of brontosaurus and orthodontics.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just seen a Koazy on my YouTube shorts! How do you even pronounce that? Ko ( like go)-ah-zee? Is the A silent and it’s ko-zee? Another YouTube couple have a little boy called Harbor, which I initially thought was Harper, which is marginally better.

Loads of Aussies are named Brontë. Such an ugly name. Makes me think of brontosaurus and orthodontics.
I like the literary connection the name has, but it is clunky!

Probably already been mentioned but the ones where the original version has been recycled for a more yoo neek spelling....
Emerleigh, Emmalee, Aliviah, Daizee, Finleigh, K'dyn, Mikayla, Aimee, Chevonne

• Sick
Reactions: 5
The actor Ross Lynch has siblings named
Rydel (Female
Riker
Rocky
And Ryland

Rydel has a son named Super (last name Capron Funk).

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I also went to school with a girl who proudly announced she got her sons name, Ronnie, from the Kray twins. The famous criminals involved in everything from murder to the sex trafficking of young men…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
The actor Ross Lynch has siblings named
Rydel (Female
Riker
Rocky
And Ryland

Rydel has a son named Super (last name Capron Funk).
Rydel and Ryland are weirdly similar for siblings. 🤷🏻‍♂️

and apparently, Super Capron Funk now has a new baby sister named Sweetie Mary Funk. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I despise all names ending in “b” - Jacob, Caleb, etc.

I also hate all names ending in “u” - Manu, Edu, Danu.

🤢

Reactions: 4
Just seen a little girl names Clancie on Facebook.
It just makes me think of chief Wigum from the Simpsons

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone on Youtube was listing her favourite boy and girl names. Thankfully she’s not planning on having another baby, as some of her choices were bizarre. She had some lovely normal names like Charlotte, but for boys, she suggested Kowan/Kowen, pronounced as Cohen, the traditionally Jewish surname. Apparently, if you are not Jewish, it is inappropriate/offensive/cultural appropriation, as it means “priest” and is a name that can be handed down from father to son.

Someone on Youtube was listing her favourite boy and girl names. Thankfully she’s not planning on having another baby, as some of her choices were bizarre. She had some lovely normal names like Charlotte, but for boys, she suggested Kowan/Kowen, pronounced as Cohen, the traditionally Jewish surname. Apparently, if you are not Jewish, it is inappropriate/offensive/cultural appropriation, as it means “priest” and is a name that can be handed down from father to son.
Yeah, Cohen is a weird one. I’m Jewish and it doesn’t exactly offend me, but it’s definitely strange to hear it used as a first name. But Levi means high priest too, and people use that, so.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, Cohen is a weird one. I’m Jewish and it doesn’t exactly offend me, but it’s definitely strange to hear it used as a first name. But Levi means high priest too, and people use that, so.
I did not know Levi also means high priest! I know of a female Levi ( pronounced to rhyme with Chevy, not the jeans brand Lee-vie), which took a while to get my head around.

Reactions: 1
I did not know Levi also means high priest! I know of a female Levi ( pronounced to rhyme with Chevy, not the jeans brand Lee-vie), which took a while to get my head around.
I think Levi is just regular priest, and Cohen is high priest actually. Levi also means “my heart” in modern Hebrew, which is quite a sweet meaning.

Just come across some »names we like but won’t be using » and came across Clark as a potential girls’ name ( bad enough for a boy, but so much worse for a girl!) and Halston for a girl or a boy. Also Koah, Nhoa, Addelyn and lots of other silly names with nonsensical spellings!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.