Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i'm not a huge fan of super matchy names for siblings, but there is a family on IG and the mother's name begins with the letter L, as do all the kids'. Two boys called a Lincoln and Langdon, a little girl named Lilah - and a new baby who's they have named Lillian, who they call Lillie. and as if Lilah and Lillie aren't way too similar for sisters, Lillies's middle name is Millie. Lillie Millie. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
i'm not a huge fan of super matchy names for siblings, but there is a family on IG and the mother's name begins with the letter L, as do all the kids'. Two boys called a Lincoln and Langdon, a little girl named Lilah - and a new baby who's they have named Lillian, who they call Lillie. and as if Lilah and Lillie aren't way too similar for sisters, Lillies's middle name is Millie. Lillie Millie. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Well whoever named Lillie Millie is a silly billy! Do they also have a filly?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
oh, it is definitely used in the UK. usually with the proud "my daughter's name is Neveah - it's heaven spelled backwards" explanation each time parents introduce their daughter, as though it's somehow so sooper yoonique and there are actually people left in the world who isn't aware of that! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Just like to chip in and say, this is the first time I'm hearing of this name 🤣 but yea it's awful, how is it pronounced
Nee-vay-ah?

I particularly hate the -eh ending of Nevaeh.
Neva would I name someone Nevaeh. (Sorry, couldn't help it). 😅 If I'd been given that name, I'd probably change it to Neve/Niamh.

I really can't stand McKenna. It's a very American naming trend that's now come to the UK, and while some surnames do work well as given names, no first name should begin with 'Mc'...it just reminds me of McDonalds. Same with McKayla.

Reactions: 4
Neva would I name someone Nevaeh. (Sorry, couldn't help it). 😅 If I'd been given that name, I'd probably change it to Neve/Niamh.

I really can't stand McKenna. It's a very American naming trend that's now come to the UK, and while some surnames do work well as given names, no first name should begin with 'Mc'...it just reminds me of McDonalds. Same with McKayla.
I think the Mc/Mac also means « son of… » so even more jarring for a girl!

Reactions: 6
Reminds me of
5DEA033C-414E-4019-A4C2-4855955E98F6.jpeg

• Haha
She was certainly defiant 😏.

I'll have to try and get chatting to the mum next week as there was a brother and I'm simply desperate to know his name!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
more from toddler groups....one lady has all of her childrens names starting with a K,one is named Kenley, another kiah

turns out ace and roccos little brother us named Brox....never heard of that one before

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.