Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Charlene 🤢

David or Dave… so common

Sarah… I like the sound of the name itself, but I’ve yet to meet a nice sarah. There was a bully in my school called sarah. My boyfriends sister is Sarah and she’s a cow. So many more examples lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Charlene 🤢

David or Dave… so common

Sarah… I like the sound of the name itself, but I’ve yet to meet a nice sarah. There was a bully in my school called sarah. My boyfriends sister is Sarah and she’s a cow. So many more examples lol
i’ve never met a nice sarah either! (apologies to any sarahs reading this, i’m sure you’re lovely, i just haven’t met you yet!)

does anyone else read this thread scared that they’ll see their own name? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
i’ve never met a nice sarah either! (apologies to any sarahs reading this, i’m sure you’re lovely, i just haven’t met you yet!)

Me 🤣🤣🤣 I literally scan for my name all the time, I only seen it appear once, but I’ve missed a few of the threads 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Me 🤣🤣🤣 I literally scan for my name all the time, I only seen it appear once, but I’ve missed a few of the threads 🤣
i’m going to have to go back to the start because now i need to know 🤣 my name’s fairly unusual in the uk though so i’m hoping no one has said it 🤞🏻

if your “real” name is orla then i think that’s really pretty!

oh and while i’m here i suppose i should actually comment 🤣

i hate hate hate the trend for “cute” non-names at the moment - evie, maisie, milly, alfie, ronnie, bobby etc. name your kid the actual name and use that as pet name!

someone in work with me became a grandmother recently and the baby’s name is carl. which, you know, is a perfectly normal name but everyone who heard it just went “………… CARL?!” like they couldn’t believe what they were hearing. i think we’re so ready for a jayden, brayden, jensen, jax etc that a regular plain boy’s name just confused everyone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

I've seen my name a few times and both my daughters and my husbands!
I'm not offended in the slightest. I just think of those who *most definitely* have a worse name than mine.

i’m going to have to go back to the start because now i need to know 🤣 my name’s fairly unusual in the uk though so i’m hoping no one has said it 🤞🏻

i hate hate hate the trend for “cute” non-names at the moment - evie, maisie, milly, alfie, ronnie, bobby etc. name your kid the actual name and use that as pet name!

someone in work with me became a grandmother recently and the baby’s name is carl. which, you know, is a perfectly normal name but everyone who heard it just went “………… CARL?!” like they couldn’t believe what they were hearing. i think we’re so ready for a jayden, brayden, jensen, jax etc that a regular plain boy’s name just confused everyone.
My daughter named her Barbie 'Ken' doll 'Carl'...she proudly announced it to the shop assistant at Butlins who then looked at me as I burst out laughing and asked 'Where did you get the name Carl from darling?'

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have recently seen a birth announcement thing on facebook and they called the baby ‘THOR’ 🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Well I just KNOW my name won't appear on here :) I did not thank my parents for it as a kid but I have grown accustomed to it along with all the "EH?????? How do you spell that?" s over the decades :)

Oddly enough my son's family moved house a few months ago so granddaughter met a whole new group of friends at her new college; Her new Best Mate introduced her to another friend of hers saying "She's got a really weird name............................... you'll laugh!" - yes it was my name which is also granddaughter's second name! She was delighted to have found another one of Us, likewise her new mate who thought she was the only one to have ever got it :)

Reactions: 3

I went to school with a few people called Carl, they'd now be in their early 30s. Who looks at a baby and thinks Carl would suit a baby?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well I just KNOW my name won't appear on here :) I did not thank my parents for it as a kid but I have grown accustomed to it along with all the "EH?????? How do you spell that?" s over the decades :)
i feel your pain! my name is french (we have no french links in my family so still don’t know where my parents got it from) and i spend half my life correcting either the spelling or pronunciation of it 🤦🏼‍♀️ i’ve never met another person with it yet!

I went to school with a few people called Carl, they'd now be in their early 30s. Who looks at a baby and thinks Carl would suit a baby?
one of my colleagues (following the carl convo!) said “imagine walking around tesco with your baby and having people come up to you saying “what a beautiful baby, what’s his name?” and you have to say………. carl”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My dad and brothers all appear on this list 😂. They definitely have names that were popular when they were born!
your dad’s name is chanel?!? 😱

i think you’re right though; names go in and out of fashion. i read an article about how names like john/david/kevin etc are basically extinct now as no one really chooses to name their babies that anymore. i can’t imagine really looking at a newborn baby and being like “😍 kevin 😍” but mums in the 60s or so obviously did!

• Haha
I imagine some of today's popular names are going to sound just as dated in years to come the same way that likes of Jade, Lauren, Chantel, Danielle, Ashley, have become dated.

I imagine some of today's popular names are going to sound just as dated in years to come the same way that likes of Jade, Lauren, Chantel, Danielle, Ashley, have become dated.
oh gosh there’s one of my most hated names ever right there - i have never met a nice danielle. sorry to all danielles reading this but urgh.

jade for me is a name that got tainted by association, same with chantel/chantelle. they’re both fairly pretty names imo but in the uk especially i think they’ve gained a reputation.

• Haha
your dad’s name is chanel?!? 😱

i think you’re right though; names go in and out of fashion. i read an article about how names like john/david/kevin etc are basically extinct now as no one really chooses to name their babies that anymore. i can’t imagine really looking at a newborn baby and being like “😍 kevin 😍” but mums in the 60s or so obviously did!
OH MY GOD … You’ve only quoted the 3 names of my family members, freaky!! You must be tapped into my mind 😱. I don’t mean Chanel either 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Surnames used as first names like:
McKenzie
Macauley
Jackson
Sloane
Carter
Some are okay though

Any kids called Grey? I think there's Greyson but may be a surname?

Anyways my unborn & never to be born child would be Leram Grey Drakester Fatty Arbuckle.😏

Oh yeah of course Grayson Perry. Oh just remembered people being called Perry in the 80s.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Any kids called Grey? I think there's Greyson but may be a surname?

Anyways my unborn & never to be born child would be Leram Grey Drakester Fatty Arbuckle.😏

Oh yeah of course Grayson Perry. Oh just remembered people being called Perry in the 80s.
I know someone with a little boy called Grayson. Awful name, especially when they shorten it to Greysie 🤢

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.