Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kit is so twee. It's like the Tim of 2021.
Rupert and Toby 🤢

On the birth announcements
Bertram
Bear
Violet Peggy Vera 😣
Jozefina
Hector
Tabitha
Sybilla (that's not a typo)
Millicent Cosima Artemis.
Fenella
These are all so pretentious sounding. Except Sybil’s which sounds like a STD

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ellie Mae
Neveah
Jayden, Brayden..Okayden
Amelia (reminds me of semolina)
Mckenzie

All that modern shite that people think sounds nice.

Kit is so twee. It's like the Tim of 2021.
Rupert and Toby 🤢
Haha bleeping hell i feel attacked, they are my other half and my son's names 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I love posh names like Rupert, Hugo, Piers, Cressida, Arabella etc etc. But you have to be able to carry them off - like Rupert with a buzzcut and his mum shouting "oi, Rupert, c'm 'ere now you little tit, and stop hitting Cressida" just doesnt work.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh god no I hate that name - far too common and sooo outdated it needs to stop being used, who looks at a baby and thinks it looks like a John??!!
I think the only name that hasn't been listed on here yet is John. :ROFLMAO:

Remembered another name I dislike today and it gave me more ideas 🙈

Linda 😷 just yuck!
Donna
Louise
Gemma/Jemma (hate) 🤣
Louise
Hannah
Hilary
Michelle
Fiona
When Megan is spelt Meghan
Another one that infuriates me is when Ian (a tragic enough name imo) is spelt Iain that extra i has me wanting to pronounce it Ee-ayne or Eye-ayn 🤷‍♀️
Dana
Steven.. Even worse if spelt Stephen (makes me wanna say it as steph-enn)

Alistair
Neil
Keith
Gregg
Barry
Craig
Paul
Also Paula
Xavier
X names in general
Gavin
Stacey
I'll stop🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
About ten years ago I worked on a weekend contract assignment where we had a Linda and a Lynda both in their late teens, it was weird seeing the name on young girls!

Reactions: 7
I was musing (as usual) yesterday thinking about the singer Lemar (thought he was great) and I believe I have come up with a new name. Leram. Whaddya all think? Maybe you already know of dozens of them 😏.

Also on Mumsnet some crazy was suggesting naming their expected son Libatious!!!! Hahaha 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
There are names that are really popular because of a celeb that was around at that time.
So I've always wondered - if Princess Diana was so popular, how come you never hear of babies being given that name?

Reactions: 8
Dallas, Maverick, Porter,

I'm glad you guys didn't say any of my kids names 😂

Reactions: 3
Oh god no I hate that name - far too common and sooo outdated it needs to stop being used, who looks at a baby and thinks it looks like a John??!!

Linda 😷 just yuck!
Donna
Louise
Gemma/Jemma (hate) 🤣
Louise
Hannah
Hilary
Michelle
Fiona
Another one that infuriates me is when Ian (a tragic enough name imo) is spelt Iain that extra i has me wanting to pronounce it Ee-ayne or Eye-ayn 🤷‍♀️
Dana

Alistair
Neil
Keith
Gregg
Barry
Craig
Paul
Also Paula
Xavier
X names in general
Gavin
Stacey
I'll stop🤣
Good God! Do you like any name? 🤣 Think you've covered my whole family!! 🤣😂

Sarah
Either horrid or she's plain and wears a pale blue chenille cardi.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Good God! Do you like any name? 🤣 Think you've covered my whole family!! 🤣😂

Sarah
Either horrid or she's plain and wears a pale blue chenille cardi.
The scary thing is I had plenty more still up my sleeve that I dislike🤣🤣 I promise I do like lots of names 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Linda 😷 just yuck!
Donna
Louise
Gemma/Jemma (hate) 🤣
Louise
Hannah
Hilary
Michelle
Fiona
Dana

Alistair
Neil
Keith
Gregg
Barry
Craig
Paul
Also Paula
Xavier
X names in general
Gavin
Stacey
I'll stop🤣
I’m intrigued to know what names you love

Reactions: 3
Ooh just found this thread. Please may I join in ? I know a chap who has a son called Terence and a daughter called Ivy- who was gonna be called Lavinia ...wtf🤷. I know someone who's daughter is called Beryl 🤦.
In my midwife days ,the 2 names that I do remember ..is Labia 😶 for a girl and Melena ,also for a girl. Those with some medical knowledge will know melena is a medical term for a bloody poo !!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Some woman off real housewives called her daughter Asha- Leigh.....so basically Ashleigh 🤣 some people are so thick.

Also far too many Lily May's & Evie's!!
what is it with people who have daughters called Evie giving them then nickname Evie Pops, like wtf does that even mean!?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There are names that are really popular because of a celeb that was around at that time.
So I've always wondered - if Princess Diana was so popular, how come you never hear of babies being given that name?
Maybe because of Michael Jackson’s Dirty Diana 🤣 I’ve known a few older Diana’s but not born after ‘88.

Reactions: 2
Ooh just found this thread. Please may I join in ? I know a chap who has a son called Terence and a daughter called Ivy- who was gonna be called Lavinia ...wtf🤷. I know someone who's daughter is called Beryl 🤦.
In my midwife days ,the 2 names that I do remember ..is Labia 😶 for a girl and Melena ,also for a girl. Those with some medical knowledge will know melena is a medical term for a bloody poo !!!!
That reminds me of the comedy Kath and Kim, she heard some great names in hospital and wanted to call the baby girl Catheter or Cardio for a boy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.