Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kyle. urgh. 🤢

worse still, i know a Kyle whose name is spelt Kyel, because the father was sent to register his birth and misspelt his name. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
isnt Perry short for Peregrine (shows inner pretentious upperclass twatness...) only I dont think Peregrine is widely used anymore.

Reactions: 4
Anything IE ending. It isn't a proper name IMO e.g. Charlie, Alfie etc. Fine for nick names but not full names. I'll wait for people to come for me as I realise this isn't a popular opinion...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Many years ago I taught the nicest, cheekiest little chap aged 12, called Keith. He was brilliant and carried it just right.

I still can't imagine leaning over a cot crooning Keith but what do I know.

Reactions: 12
Anything IE ending. It isn't a proper name IMO e.g. Charlie, Alfie etc. Fine for nick names but not full names. I'll wait for people to come for me as I realise this isn't a popular opinion...
i 1000% agree with you - i loathe “ie” names. name them the actual full name and then use the “cute” version as a pet name! i can’t express how much i hate bobbie or freddie or archie or evie or millie etc.

for girls, if it’s an “ie” name with “-may” on the end then i am overcome with rage 🤯

Reactions: 10
My daughters middle is Lily May we are talking back in 2007 I really wanted it as her first but was so popular
I'm pregnant and my partner says if we have a girl he'd love the name 'Lily'
I do like the name if I'm honest 😂

I am actually really struggling to find a name I LOVE though
I hate all boys name, no inspo on here 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Im not pregnant. We probably won't have kids but I love to hear my husband's baby name choices. He seems to love 80s names without realising they're dated.
He really likes Stephanie and Rebecca.
He would like Cole for a boy.
I just think what random choices

Reactions: 1
I can’t write a list of names I dislike as I feel like they’ll be a good few! I don’t have kids but I feel sorry any future ones as they’ll end up being nameless for ages. I feel like even names I like I find myself finding a reason not to or thinking of someone I know with that name which makes me be like ‘ugh no!’ My boyfriend once said to me he liked Arthur for a boy which all I could picture when he said that name is an old man not a cute baby boy so I can’t trust him to name any kids either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i mean, full names that end IE - like Amelie, Elodie, Natalie etc are totally fine, but nicknames ending in IE - like yeah, they're cute - but it's kinda hard to imagine an adult called a cutesy nickname as their full name. like, i know boys whose nicknames are Alfie, Archie and Teddie - but they have the actual full names of Alfred, Archibald and Edward. equally, i know a baby girl whose full name is Dollie - and i just can't imagine that aging particularly well! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 3
i mean, full names that end IE - like Amelie, Elodie, Natalie etc are totally fine, but nicknames ending in IE - like yeah, they're cute - but it's kinda hard to imagine an adult called a cutesy nickname as their full name. like, i know boys whose nicknames are Alfie, Archie and Teddie - but they have the actual full names of Alfred, Archibald and Edward. equally, i know a baby girl whose full name is Dollie - and i just can't imagine that aging particularly well! 🤷🏻‍♂️
i love teddie as a nickname for edward (or theodore)! it’s very sweet for a child but, like you say, i can’t imagine an adult going by teddie outside of his friends and family, so it’s nice to have “edward” as the actual name. if that makes any sense 🤣

dollie is cute for a baby but i can’t imagine meeting someone my age (36) with that name tbh, it’s almost infantilising.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.