Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby boy called Romeo reign 🤢popped up on my Instagram. Apparently the sprog of an influencer.
I don't following any influencers

Edit. Just had another look at it's the off spring of one of the jersey shore guys and some desperate wannabe influencer.

Reactions: 6
In the park today , A woman shouting for TRENT to come over here now
I really hoped that she was calling a dog , but no , she was calling her son .

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Andrew, there’s at least 4 in my work.
Tony but for a girl, spelt that way.
Betty, she’s in her 20s🤨
Geraldine, again another girl in her 20s🤔
Paul
Kenny/Kenneth
Every kind of spelling of Lindsay
Simon
These are just a few of many I hear everyday and I hate them all🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So it’s not actually just one name or the names themselves but I don’t like when people around my age (31) have children and name them names that are from our ‘era’ .So for example I know someone around the same age as me with a two year old called Natalie .I know people having babies and calling them Daniel ,jessica,Emily etc .It’s not 1995 hun .

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So it’s not actually just one name or the names themselves but I don’t like when people around my age (31) have children and name them names that are from our ‘era’ .So for example I know someone around the same age as me with a two year old called Natalie .I know people having babies and calling them Daniel ,jessica,Emily etc .It’s not 1995 hun .
My 15 month old niece is called Emily🙈

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A friends son is called Christopher. She wanted a name that wasn't so overused but didn't want something that just sounded ridiculous.

Harry and Georger. So overused.

Ethan 😷
Aiden/Adrian just sounds like aids to me 🤷‍♀️
Catherine / Kathleen
Eileen / Irene
Amy
Emma
Isla
Common ones such as Lily, Lola, Mason, Logan, Riley.
Sophie/Sophia simply because it's sooo overused!
I mean there's more. 🤔Just off the top of my head these ones
I was going to call my son Aiden right up until the last minute, basically for this reason. Also, we have a very Irish surname & decided it was overkill

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I know and English woman who called her daughter ‘Caoimhe’ and literally pronounces it ‘Kay-o-mee’ but insists on telling everyone it’s an Irish name 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I love how my littlest's name hasn't been mentioned (have read through pretty much all threads 🙈) my first sons name has been mentioned maybe once. It isnt unique but not many people seem to actively dislike it which is good. My second sons name is fairly uncommon.

Reactions: 1
What do we think of Romy Iris Charlotte? Johnson's latest sprog (no7?8?9? who knows). Is it it Roh-my or Rommy?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I know and English woman who called her daughter ‘Caoimhe’ and literally pronounces it ‘Kay-o-mee’ but insists on telling everyone it’s an Irish name 😭
Iris pronounced queeevah which is infinitely worse

• Haha
Naming kids after a car e.g. 'Bentley or Mercedes'. Also Stevie for a girl or Roberta :sick:

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.