Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isla
Mckenzie
Taylor
My brain broke then. Reading all these strange variations and actually thought โ€œwhat a bizarre name. Iz-laโ€ ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

Shaniece , Kaylee , Brock
Every time I see or hear Shaniece I think of that tiktok sound โ€œyour mouth is moving. Yappa yappa. Shat it pleaseโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

The only reason I got was โ€œSheโ€™s a chavโ€. No further explanation required!!
Valid point ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My brain broke then. Reading all these strange variations and actually thought โ€œwhat a bizarre name. Iz-laโ€ ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

Every time I see or hear Shaniece I think of that tiktok sound โ€œyour mouth is moving. Yappa yappa. Shat it pleaseโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
๐Ÿ˜„ yes, lol - the pronunciation is ' Isle - a" , aw gawd... shaniece , I detest that name! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ahhh... this has just sprouted a memory from many many years ago... I used to work with a lady who's family were either named after the states of America or had que at the end of their names...

She had a new born baby that was named luscious... however pronounced Lucius... if we weren't all terribly intimidated by her we may have said something...

Reactions: 1
Anything double barrelled. Just why! Cheapens the most prettiest of names right up.

Especially when they add the classic chav name Rae or Mae to the end

I hate the name Evie.
Yep, I hate ur baby.
Tbf a lot worse names out there then Evie

Reactions: 7
At my daughter's school there's a girl called JaJa. I always thought it was a tribute to the actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, or less likely, Jar Jar Binks off Star Wars. It took me a good few months to find out it was actually pronounced "Jay Jay".

I also know a boy called Bowie. Seeing as he spends all day on his PlayStation, I doubt he is ever going to live up to his musical namesake.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anything double barrelled. Just why! Cheapens the most prettiest of names right up.

Especially when they add the classic chav name Rae or Mae to the end

Tbf a lot worse names out there then Evie
My name was doubled barrelled and I hated it so much I changed my full name๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Weirdly I like how Phoebe looks written down but not how it sounds when spoken- feebee.

Gigi is hideous, whether you go hard or soft of the 'G', it's just sounds awful and looks equally awful written down.

Reactions: 4
i dislike the name Noelle, but it's even worse when it's spelt Noel for a girl. ๐Ÿคข

it might be a regional thing, but i would pronounce Noel more like Nole - to rhyme with mole - like the pronunciation of Noel Gallagher's name, not No-Elle, like the French word for christmas. i've seen girls called Noel and it's just so ugly.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.