Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a middle name that has family meaning, and so do my girls. I literally hate it when people are all “what middle name can I give my kid that goes with xxx?” No one HAS to have a middle name, if you're naming a child and don’t have one that you like or want to use because it has meaning then don’t bloody bother!
Completely agree with this. My daughter has my mums name as her middle name. I’ve always thought middle names should be family related. Can’t understand throwing a random name in there just cos you think it goes!

Reactions: 7
One of my favourite weird name facts is that in Kosovo, a lot of boys are named Tonibler after Tony Blair, as he's revered as a hero there!

Edited to add pic, as it proper cracks me up! Tony Blair with all the Toniblers :ROFLMAO:
I often think of this. So random, always makes me laugh.

Reactions: 3
I went to school with extremely identical twins Amelia and Emilia and another set of twins Daniel and Daniela

• Haha
  • Wow
Something I find weird…. My husband doesn’t have a middle name. Yet his sister does have one (with no real meaning). Why would you give a middle name to one child and not the other 😂

Reactions: 6
I know of a girl called Meadow and another called February!
I cant believe someone hates Emma, thats my favourite girls name!
Names I dislike would be Tyler, Kiera, Julian, Conor

Reactions: 6
Something I find weird…. My husband doesn’t have a middle name. Yet his sister does have one (with no real meaning). Why would you give a middle name to one child and not the other 😂
Out of 5 siblings my mum's the only one who doesn't have a middle name🤣

I gave all my kids middle names just incase they don't like their first names when they're older, they've got another to pick from.

I go by my middle name now

Just to be different, I do have a middle name. I'm also from the era of Louise, Ann, Jane etc. Mine is totally different, a combination of my mum's names. I'm glad in some ways but it was always a bit crap because people screwed their faces up when I'd say the name and I'd always have to explain, eg: it's such and such but with two n's.

shoutout to our unusual name squad! i could never find my name on anything as a kid, and still can’t - spend half my life spelling it out to people and don’t get me started on how the baristas in starbucks write it on my cup 🤣

it’s a french name and i was in paris when coke were doing those personalised bottles with “have a coke with……” and i found one bottle with my name on! i still have it, even though it’s at least nine years old at this point. the only thing i have legitimately found with my name.

(i really want to know everyone’s names now 🤣)
okay but SAME! i literally tracked down one of those coke bottles with my name on it, and it's been stood on top of my bookcase ever since! i was genuinely so pleased to finally find something with my name on it - and actually spelled correctly! the only other time that's happened is when i was a kid and found a keyring with my name on in France! my name is also French, and is spelled the traditional French way - although the name itself has a range of different spellings, some of which are more common in the UK, although its still a fairly unusual name. i have to spell my name out constantly, yet despite spelling it out, people STILL manage to miss out an E. always.

Mine has many spelling options too and my parents didn’t pick the most popular one 🙄 I have family members who have genuinely known me for pretty much 40 years who still spell it wrong in christmas cards! I also never had personalised things and used to be absolutely heartbroken, especially as my sister has a very boring common one-spelling only name! I remember being on holiday in America as a kid and having something personalised by a lady there in front of me and I thought it was the best thing that had ever happened!
my grandmother never spelt my name right. literally never. she also pronounced it wrong! i just had to accept that to her, I had a totally different name! and the various collection misspellings of my name over the years have been hilarious!

Omg are we the same person! I hated not having a middle name as a kid but I don’t care now. It was more that everybody had the same one like Louise 😅 I also have an unusual name. It was never on anything in gift shops and when I was growing up it was really fashionable to wear a headband with your name on it and obviously I never had one. I once cried to my mum and said why did you give me this silly name 😅 I don’t mind my name now and I don’t think anything else would suit me but it is more common for a boy and I get a bit fed up with ‘oh did your mum want a boy’ 🙄
ha, we quite possibly are. i HATED my name as a kid, because nobody could spell it. or pronounce it correctly, and i always felt out of the named headband trend because it was impossible to find one with my name on! now i don't mind my name, and i'm actually pleased it's a little more unusual, but as a kid I was so desperate to have been given a more "normal" name. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I know twins called Andrew and Andrea. Why would you do that?!
I know of a girl called Meadow and another called February!
I cant believe someone hates Emma, thats my favourite girls name!
Names I dislike would be Tyler, Kiera, Julian, Conor
I love Emma too! I have 2 boys, but that was always my choice if I had a girl.

Reactions: 4
We have lots of Kylies in Australia born of a certain era (in 1970 it was the fifth most popular girls name :oops:)

Kylie Minogue being one of them.

I do not like it :LOL:

Last edited:
I have a middle name but my sister doesn’t. Maybe my mum ran out of ideas. :ROFLMAO:

Completely agree with this. My daughter has my mums name as her middle name. I’ve always thought middle names should be family related. Can’t understand throwing a random name in there just cos you think it goes!
I always thought they were family names. Mine and my siblings are. But both of my parents have said they have no idea where theirs came from.

Andrew, there’s at least 4 in my work.
Tony but for a girl, spelt that way.
Betty, she’s in her 20s🤨
Geraldine, again another girl in her 20s🤔
Paul
Kenny/Kenneth
Every kind of spelling of Lindsay
Simon
These are just a few of many I hear everyday and I hate them all🤣
My name is Toni, and it gets on my last tit when people spell it the masculine way 🤬

Reactions: 2
There were twins, Gillian and Julian in my school. Weirdest thing was that none of us thought that was odd at the time.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.