Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just randomly stumbled across a family on instagram with nine kids, named;
Anissa Beth.
Andrae Cardell.
Annistan Breanne.
Anjalie Brielle.
Andersyn Brooklyn.
Aynjel Belle.
Ansyr Blue.
Anchor Christian.
Anythm Bliss.

i mean, none of them are great, but calling your kids misspelt versions of Angel, Answer and Anthem is pretty awful. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
just randomly stumbled across a family on instagram with nine kids, named;
Anissa Beth.
Andrae Cardell.
Annistan Breanne.
Anjalie Brielle.
Andersyn Brooklyn.
Aynjel Belle.
Ansyr Blue.
Anchor Christian.
Anythm Bliss.

i mean, none of them are great, but calling your kids misspelt versions of Angel, Answer and Anthem is pretty awful. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yep that's up on the list of the worst names I've ever heard- just makes the parents look illiterate.

#sorrynotsorry

Reactions: 9
A girl from school called her little boy Linkoln, spelt just like that, Link for short obviously 🥴. Why would anyone name their kid after a computer game (they confirmed that's where it came from!)

There's a family I used to watch on good old TLC, their kids name are:
  • SAYLOR BRIGGS - oldest
  • WALES TUCKER - twin
  • BRIDGE RYDER - twin
Sextuplets
  • BLU WELLINGTON
  • LAYKE BRYARS
  • RAWLINGS McCLAINE
  • RAYNE McCOY
  • TAG BRICKER
  • RIVERS McCALL

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
A girl from school called her little boy Linkoln, spelt just like that, Link for short obviously 🥴. Why would anyone name their kid after a computer game (they confirmed that's where it came from!)

• SAYLOR BRIGGS - oldest
  • WALES TUCKER - twin
  • BRIDGE RYDER - twin
Sextuplets
  • BLU WELLINGTON
  • LAYKE BRYARS
  • RAWLINGS McCLAINE
  • RAYNE McCOY
  • TAG BRICKER
  • RIVERS McCALL
Well, its impressive they could come up with 18 horrible names..

• Haha
I always think you have to be so careful with names starting in "An-" because it's a very small step to "anal" or "anus". I knew a girl named Analia.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

• SAYLOR BRIGGS - oldest
  • WALES TUCKER - twin
  • BRIDGE RYDER - twin
Sextuplets
  • BLU WELLINGTON
  • LAYKE BRYARS
  • RAWLINGS McCLAINE
  • RAYNE McCOY
  • TAG BRICKER
  • RIVERS McCALL
while i understand the concept of gender neutral names, three of the sextuplets are girls and three are boys. looking at the names, i would have assumed Rivers was a boy, probably Blu, Tag and then Layke was a girl. Rawlings is such an ugly name, but even worse on a girl - which it is. plus the boys are actually Tag, Blu and Layke, while the girls are Rivers, Rawlings and Rayne. i can kinda cope with Layke and Rayne - at a push. even Blu is okay. but Rawlings and Tag?! and Rawlings is such a masculine name for a pretty little girl! who looks at their baby daughter and thinks "Rawlings! perfect! 🤦🏻‍♀️

and tbh, the middle names are just as awful. literally a list of surnames! and McCall and McCann as middle names? really?! Bricker? they're all so masculine. and why do the girls all have matching BM initials, while the boys are all random?

Reactions: 5
My niece goes to nursery with a little girl called October 😬😬
i was in college with a tuesday! and then briefly worked with a girl called august.

generated purely by a customer interaction i had today: men who are named louis but pronounce it “lewis”. you can’t complain that people always get your name wrong when you are literally saying it wrong yourself!

Reactions: 7
all of this unusual name chat is making me thing of people who claim their names are unique when they’re really not. i worked with a girl called nicola who, when i was saying something about names, said “yeah, i’m always really glad that i have an unusual name”. nicola 😳
I know of someone who has a young child called Nicola and it's unusual now for a baby. It's an 80s name

Reactions: 4
I know of someone who has a young child called Nicola and it's unusual now for a baby. It's an 80s name
oh i definitely think it’s unusual now; the nicola in question was late thirties though so extremely common for her age group (i’ve met loads of 30+ year old nicolas), which is why it seemed odd to me!

Reactions: 7
i was in college with a tuesday! and then briefly worked with a girl called august.

generated purely by a customer interaction i had today: men who are named louis but pronounce it “lewis”. you can’t complain that people always get your name wrong when you are literally saying it wrong yourself!
Louis-loo-wee is the french way.

louis pronounced Lewis is perfectly fine, I know lots that have that name and pronounce it like that.

It was a 70s name, I should have been called Nicola but a family member had her girl first and pinched the name 😂

Reactions: 2
Louis-loo-wee is the french way.

louis pronounced Lewis is perfectly fine, I know lots that have that name and pronounce it like that.
but it’s a french name - the “s” is silent!

it’s probably just a me issue though 🤣 but if you want to name the kid lewis, name him lewis!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know a Nichola, which doesnt make sense to me. And totally agree re Louis / Lewis - two different names, pronounced differently.

Reactions: 6
Okay not sure if it's been mentioned, just noticed on paw patrol (tragic i know) the mayor's twin niece and nephew are called Julia and Julius
Top marks for creativity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Okay not sure if it's been mentioned, just noticed on paw patrol (tragic i know) the mayor's twin niece and nephew are called Julia and Julius
Top marks for creativity 😂
it's like when people name their twins or triplets super matchy names. like, giving both children names which begin with the same initial, i get to a degree, but properly similar names like Mia/Maya, Lucy/Luca, Jake/Jack or Ella/Ellis or rhyming names like Theo/Cleo/Leo or Lily/Millie or Aiden/Jayden etc. URGH. just no. 🤢

Reactions: 6
I did work experience for school in a hair salon when I was about 15 & the owner was called Nicola.

On my first day one of the other hairdressers was like “BTW it’s pronounced Ni-cole-ah”. Like … Wtf 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.