Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
as i've grown up, I've met more people without middle names, but as a kid, i only knew myself and my brother! kids would have the "what's your middle name" conversation, and i always felt left out - or told i was lying and obviously had a super embarrassing nickname i didn't want to tell them!

i was actually more bothered as a kid by the fact that my name was so unusual. it was constantly misspelled - still is! - but more annoyingly, you could never find it on any of the keyrings/pens/stickers/headbands etc in gift shops. more recently it's become slightly more popular - although mainly variations of. my name than my actual name, and it's still very rare that i see my name printed on anything. even if i see. my nickname, it's always spelt incorrectly!
Omg are we the same person! I hated not having a middle name as a kid but I don’t care now. It was more that everybody had the same one like Louise 😅 I also have an unusual name. It was never on anything in gift shops and when I was growing up it was really fashionable to wear a headband with your name on it and obviously I never had one. I once cried to my mum and said why did you give me this silly name 😅 I don’t mind my name now and I don’t think anything else would suit me but it is more common for a boy and I get a bit fed up with ‘oh did your mum want a boy’ 🙄
My name is never on anything in like hairbands or key rings which used to upset me. My mum actually got me a set of pencils made with my name and correct spelling on. My sisters and cousins names were on everything. Isn’t it funny tho how humans love to have bits of bric-à-brac with their names on it?! I have never once seen my name on anything…I still check just in case it might be lol x

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Omg are we the same person! I hated not having a middle name as a kid but I don’t care now. It was more that everybody had the same one like Louise 😅 I also have an unusual name. It was never on anything in gift shops and when I was growing up it was really fashionable to wear a headband with your name on it and obviously I never had one. I once cried to my mum and said why did you give me this silly name 😅 I don’t mind my name now and I don’t think anything else would suit me but it is more common for a boy and I get a bit fed up with ‘oh did your mum want a boy’ 🙄
Gift shops are weird! I have a long-ish first name and go by nickname, neither is super common but they're also not that unusual (similar to Josephine/Josie for instance.) My sister's name would have been very common for a long time but now it's less so (think "Anne.") But somehow we rarely found anything in gift shops - it was all "Annabel", "Ann-Marie" etc for my sister and nothing for me

If we took out the women whose middle name is Anne, Marie, Jane/Jayne, or Louise how many would be left? I know someone with Sophie-Jay as a middle name although oddly she was born in the 70s

Reactions: 1
@Justwishfulthinking i always check for my name too. My sons name isn’t on anything other which I find odd as his names been mentioned enough times in this thread 😂 I found a toothbrush holder with his name on once in toys r us so obviously I had to buy it 😂😂😂

I once knew someone whose middle name is a single letter. N. He always had official forms sent back as incomplete.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I got married abroad & on my wedding certificate it says my first name then ‘no middle name’ then my maiden name, I always laugh at that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
okay but SAME! i literally tracked down one of those coke bottles with my name on it, and it's been stood on top of my bookcase ever since! i was genuinely so pleased to finally find something with my name on it - and actually spelled correctly! the only other time that's happened is when i was a kid and found a keyring with my name on in France! my name is also French, and is spelled the traditional French way - although the name itself has a range of different spellings, some of which are more common in the UK, although its still a fairly unusual name. i have to spell my name out constantly, yet despite spelling it out, people STILL manage to miss out an E. always.

my grandmother never spelt my name right. literally never. she also pronounced it wrong! i just had to accept that to her, I had a totally different name! and the various collection misspellings of my name over the years have been hilarious!

ha, we quite possibly are. i HATED my name as a kid, because nobody could spell it. or pronounce it correctly, and i always felt out of the named headband trend because it was impossible to find one with my name on! now i don't mind my name, and i'm actually pleased it's a little more unusual, but as a kid I was so desperate to have been given a more "normal" name. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My brother and I both have pretty unusual names ( mine is a really common name if you change the lest letter) and my sisters have pretty common names ( youngest sister’s has been the top or in the top 10 for decades). The only place my brother and I both found our names on keyrings/badges was at the Cotswold Wildlife Park!
At school and uni, there was usually at least one other girl with the more basic version of my name, and I hated it when the teacher would say “the two …..e’s”. I would send e-mails to my tutor at uni with the final vowel highlighted/underlined/in bold. Don’t get me started on pronunciation and spelling! It has a hard s ( like a z) in it, not a soft one, the Spanish spelling of it gets used quite a bit ( leaving out a vowel and putting a z instead of an s)…
some more stupid/ridiculous names I have heard recently: Presley ( for a girl), Brooks and Forbes ( both boys).

okay but SAME! i literally tracked down one of those coke bottles with my name on it, and it's been stood on top of my bookcase ever since! i was genuinely so pleased to finally find something with my name on it - and actually spelled correctly! the only other time that's happened is when i was a kid and found a keyring with my name on in France! my name is also French, and is spelled the traditional French way - although the name itself has a range of different spellings, some of which are more common in the UK, although its still a fairly unusual name. i have to spell my name out constantly, yet despite spelling it out, people STILL manage to miss out an E. always.
this is making me think we have the same name 🤣 mine has a variety of different spellings, one in particular that’s common in the uk, and people always miss the final “e” out of it when spelling it too. wild because i’ve never met someone with the same name as me. so 👋🏻 if so!!

all of this unusual name chat is making me thing of people who claim their names are unique when they’re really not. i worked with a girl called nicola who, when i was saying something about names, said “yeah, i’m always really glad that i have an unusual name”. nicola 😳

though a lot of the ridiculous names around at the moment seem to be from a desperation for your kid to be the only one with that name. and sometimes there’s a reason for that 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I once knew someone whose middle name is a single letter. N. He always had official forms sent back as incomplete.
I used to have a friend who once revealed his son's name which was <first name> J <surname> and I asked what it stood for. Nothing, it's just J.

I can't find my name on anything. There are a lot of Facebook memes about this which I've posted a few times. I got a keyring with my name on it for Christmas!

There’s a YouTube family with these names:
•Leonardo DeValentino
•Cleopatra Taina Bride Baby
•Jerusalem Judge,
•Romeo Romeo (yes twice) Indiana
•D’Artagnan Angel
•Shakespeare Winter
•Nefertiti Butterfly Bambi
•KingJames Ocean Fox
•Aphrodite Princess Bambi
•Omega Royal Fox

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
•Leonardo DeValentino
•Jerusalem Judge,
•D’Artagnan Angel
•Shakespeare Winter
•KingJames Ocean Fox
•Omega Royal Fox
These are insane!
Just watched a present ideas video and the little gitl getting the presents is called Kennadie, pronounced Kennedy!
Just awful, honestly, Kennedy is bad enough for a girl, but the nonsensical spelling ( logically, die is pronounced to rhyme with lie/sigh/rye) just makes it even worse!

My name is never on anything in like hairbands or key rings which used to upset me. My mum actually got me a set of pencils made with my name and correct spelling on. My sisters and cousins names were on everything. Isn’t it funny tho how humans love to have bits of bric-à-brac with their names on it?! I have never once seen my name on anything…I still check just in case it might be lol x
I have a very unusual name which I hate and have never found anything with it on. I’ve named my daughters quite “popular” names and it’s a real novelty for me buying personalised bits for them in gift shops 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
•Leonardo DeValentino
•Jerusalem Judge,
•D’Artagnan Angel
•Shakespeare Winter
•KingJames Ocean Fox
•Omega Royal Fox
Their parents are quite eccentric, some say they belong to cult.

Reactions: 2
Bradley , friend used it for her now 20 year old. Because she loved Brad pit. If u ask the boys name it’s Bradley after Brad Pitt, she just can’t say bradley on its own. So now I hate it .

• Haha
Reactions: 4
n
I know a pixie blue , she’s very ‘ precious’ or I call it spoilt , gives you a side eye , she’s only 6 !
i mean, i get that Bleu is the French word for blue, but many people probably won't, and if you just read it as a word, it looks vaguely like it should be pronounced "bluegh!" at least Pixie Blue is going to get her name pronounced and spelled correctly, and it looks pretty compared to Pixie Bleu!

Reactions: 6
Today I'm disliking Ophelia and still hating Isla!

•Leonardo DeValentino
•Jerusalem Judge,
•D’Artagnan Angel
•Shakespeare Winter
•KingJames Ocean Fox
•Omega Royal Fox
I've seen that family but never the middle names. Oh my as Fraiser would say.

Reactions: 3
Just found this thread so just pulling up my chair!

For some unknown irrational reason I hate the name Imogen, I hate the way it sounds when spoken, always sounds harsh and a bit like engine! It's nails down a chalk board for me!

Know a Cooper who has a brother called Parker, fit for dogs names imo!

Also know a girl who called her daughter Jessie-Mae 🥴

I don't actually hate the name but associate the name Claire with meanies 😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.