Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids have got really pretentious names, love both of them. I'm not saying what, but happy to reassure you all that there are no hyphens, Mae/May/Mai etc involved. They're just kind of a bit 'out there'.
So you haven’t got a Diamanté-Destiny-Lili-Tayla-Mae? 😆

The name game is a hard one to get right. Mind you if people didn’t bugger it up so badly there‘d be nothing to cringe at!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
During lockdown I did an online toddler group with my son and we had to introduce our little one; we met TWILIGHT.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Isla 🤢
maeve sets my teeth on edge, makes me squint idek
mila (is that not the red bumps on your skin??) aurora 🤢 reminds me of migraine aura, river?? what the duck. Lyla?? What’s that. Thea gets my gag reflex going
Also there’s really nothing chavvier than saying someone’s middle name with their first name LYLA LOUISE get back here you little fucker NEVER NOT BEEN CHAVVY

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Jolaya - uncovered on my FB through some mutual friend who shared a birth announcement. Sounds like a dish name (Jambalaya) and they are Germans living in Germany with a - you guessed it - German last name.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Isla 🤢
maeve sets my teeth on edge, makes me squint idek
mila (is that not the red bumps on your skin??) aurora 🤢 reminds me of migraine aura, river?? what the duck. Lyla?? What’s that. Thea gets my gag reflex going
Also there’s really nothing chavvier than saying someone’s middle name with their first name LYLA LOUISE get back here you little fucker NEVER NOT BEEN CHAVVY
Isla is my not so secret hated name too.

I liked Layla at 11 hate it now too.

Reactions: 3
Milena is a moderately popular Polish girls' name. I've met a fair few little girls with that name whose parents immigrated to the UK.

Unfortunately, in English, it is the technical term for blood in your poo.
There's a little girl from Poland called Milena in the class I work in - didn't know about the medical term:sick:I think its a really pretty name and the little girl suits it

Reactions: 3
Maisie, I just can’t imagine a teen being called that, ok for a baby.

Chloe
Milly
Molly
Emily
Olivia

just all can’t be arsed names, like no thought put into them (sorry if offend anyone)

then

Courtney

Shane, Kieran & Sean they were always naughty boy names when I was growing up 😂

Reactions: 1
I thought the names I genuinely Iove for possible kids were funny because they sound pretentious, but this is on a whole new level. :eek:

Same with Moose and Banjo 🤣
Maybe they like the poet Banjo Patterson, but Moose is just bad.🙄

I met a young boy on the weekend named Taiger, he was Japanese.(Tiger is how he pronounced his name)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Why are people calling their sons Bear? I know theyve got it from Bear Grylls but his is a fecking nickname, his real name is Edward 😡

Reactions: 16
Why are people calling their sons Bear? I know theyve got it from Bear Grylls but his is a fecking nickname, his real name is Edward 😡
At least they're naming their child after Bear Grylls, when I hear Bear I think of the sex offender 😬 (though even he wasn't christened that 😂), but why would you want your child associated with him 🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Coco - another one of those names like Honey and Poppy that will only suit a small number of adults.

Reactions: 7
Just come across this thread . . . I know of someone who has just had a baby and called it Pond. I've got no idea if it's a boy or girl, I've been too horrified by the name to find out!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.