Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend has a child Rain , I think it’s actually Lorraine but Rain is her nickname , I think it’s awful

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Yes but what was said is that there is a similar name in Irish.
The similar name is Oisin, it means little deer or fawn.
There are other spellings of Oisin and I'm fairly certain there's a fada in there somewhere too.
theres a Welsh version that’s spelt Osian too.
I used to know a guy who shortened this to Osh.

I work in a pre school and we have so many Romans, one Vincent and a Kasper (yes with a K).

Also, there’s a girl called Dora too, and yes she’s a bit of an explorer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone I know has just had a Miley-Rae..

I always think Cyrus whenever I see it on Facebook. Why both names?! Did no one tell her? Did she know? Is this lady in her 40s a huge Miley Ray Cyrus fan?! We will never know.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
At my daughter’s school there are twins called Cat & Chick … the mind boggles!
I thought the names I genuinely Iove for possible kids were funny because they sound pretentious, but this is on a whole new level. :eek:

Same with Moose and Banjo 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
At my daughter’s school there are twins called Cat & Chick … the mind boggles!
I suppose Cat could be short for Catherine and Chick could be short for, um, short for Chicken??

ETA I know a cat called Banjo. It is an excellent name - for a cat.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I may have said before, but I knew siblings named Butch and Venus. Also a girl named Mona-Lisa. And my friend swears she met an Agatha -Chrissie

• Haha
My son was on about names the other night & said if he ever had a child he would call it Chutney, he was deadly serious as well. I bloody hope he comes to his senses when has kids 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My kids have got really pretentious names, love both of them. I'm not saying what, but happy to reassure you all that there are no hyphens, Mae/May/Mai etc involved. They're just kind of a bit 'out there'.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I met a Blythe today. I know them through a Facebook group. Their surname is also a first name (a proper one, like James or Thomas) and I assumed that for whatever reason, they'd deliberately switched their names around on Facebook. They hadn't.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.