Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who’s just called their baby Oshian, as if just calling hun Ocean wasn’t bad enough

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I know a girl called Candy

Someone I know on Facebook was pregnant and didn’t know what she was having, but wanted to know what everyone thought of her name choices… for a girl she had Nevaeh (the classic) and for a boy, it was Country. COUNTRY???????
Hope his name doesn't get shortened

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I know a girl called Minnie, which is definitely a pet's name.
I had a girl called Minnie in my year at school. I thought it was cute, except she was nothing like a Minnie. She was very masculine and giant like, with a face like a slapped arse. She would go round intimiding girls who her boyfriend would come on to. I think her boyfriend was actually scared to leave her, mainly because she was so much bigger than him.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
No it’s not Irish, it’s just pronounced ocean and is also hyphenated 🥴 I know that because originally it was spelt ocean but she changed the spelling for some reason

Isn't there an Irish name that's spelt similar / has a similar pronnounciation?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
some names I’ve heard whilst working at a dentists years ago:

Cargo and Jay-Jay (twins)
Shola
Dimple (don’t know if was a cultural thing as I believe her family were Sikh?)
Corben
Rowan (female)

I’ll post more as I think of them 😂😂

I also hate the name Mackenzie/Kenzie as they are always little shits.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Bodhran is a really bad Irish name IMO.

A friend has a Shola, but tbf child was adopted and advice was not to change her name.

Reactions: 1
Loves reading the thread!

Some names I’ve come across at work
Jersey Cardigan
Pinot
Khaleasi
Baby Doll
Bronson
😳

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No it’s not Irish, it’s just pronounced ocean and is also hyphenated 🥴 I know that because originally it was spelt ocean but she changed the spelling for some reason
Yes but what was said is that there is a similar name in Irish.
The similar name is Oisin, it means little deer or fawn.
There are other spellings of Oisin and I'm fairly certain there's a fada in there somewhere too.

Jersey Cardigan!!! Surely not. I mean they are all terrible but that is hilarious!
Yeah & my colleague asked if it was a boy or girl (it was for a prescription) and the mother was like dur obviously it’s a boys name!!

• Haha
Old man names. Who looks at a baby & thinks oh he looks like a Keith, or Craig, or Gary, and the worst... John. I get maybe for a middle name if it's after a late relative, but keeping the name going as a first name should die out. Its an awful, overly populated old name. No offence.

I dislike a lot of names, hard to list them all, none particularly stand out in my mind just now.

Reactions: 4
One of my daughters friends is missy . I thought she was joking and it was a nickname but no it’s not.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.