Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving the suggestions. I so wish I could tell you what it actually is. It had may as well be one of them, it's no less unusual.

Reactions: 1
The first name has to be Kent, Devon or Somerset surely? (don't call be Shirley ;)). Somehow 'Greater Manchester' doesn't have much of a ring to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Rutland Partridge? Ooooooh, how about Dorset Guinea-Fowl (that’s posh y’know, being double-barrelled and all!!) 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't truly hate these names, but there are now even more Georges and Harrys. Where I work all the mums called their boys George. There is about 4 so far!? But I do hate Venture for a boy. I mean excuse me?
Also, is Poppy short for Penelope? That irks me. Surely it would be Penny?

Reactions: 5
I don't truly hate these names, but there are now even more Georges and Harrys. Where I work all the mums called their boys George. There is about 4 so far!? But I do hate Venture for a boy. I mean excuse me?
My friends kids are Olivia and Harry. It’s so dull

Reactions: 7
There are 3 George's in my son's class. One of the mum's made a point of telling *everyone* before he was born that she wouldn't tell anyone what name they'd chosen (no one was asking) in case someone else used it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Danielle, Jade, Zoe, Sarah, Claire (awful, harsh and boring), Kirsty, Amy, Gemma are names I associate with witches. I genuinely think they are terrible names too. All are popular in my age group. Kadie is a very popular choice round my ways for little girls, even though I do know of one boy called this and I just don't see the appeal!
My actual names on this and I don't mind it but it does get shortened to 4 letters from 5 and misspelled or pronounced fairly often, I don't hear of it near me i know of 2 others with that name and I'm older than both but their are many different spellings off it

Poppy does not age well either. I'm a teacher and I find it weird seeing teenagers called Poppy

Reactions: 8
I know a guy named Isaac Cox. He was, unsurprisingly, relentlessly picked on all through school. Since coming out as gay, however, he’s taken ownership of it - ‘my name is Isaac Cox and I do!’

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I remember years back (I think it was because a character on Eastenders had a child called it or something similar) it was the height of sophistication of the chavs of my age to name their daughters ‘Courtney Paris’! 😖

I also used to work for Social Services on the Emergency Duty Team and we used to get some corkers in! There were plenty of girls called Shakira or Chardonnay and also there seemed to be a habit of some larger families (I shouldn’t judge but usually rough ones; I mean, it was the emergency social services team, we didn’t get many candidates for ‘Parent of the Year’!) to name all their children with the same letter, akin to the Kardashian’s but well, worse! There was one with all J’s and another with S’s, to the extent they’d actually alter names to fit the theme. So there was Shaleen, Sheryl, Sharlotte… and the list went on! 😳🤷‍♀️😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I know of a family who gave their 5 daughters each a first initial which eventually spelled their surname (eg, if it had been boy & Jones, the names of the 5 children could have been Jon, Owen, Noah...you get the idea). The surname was only 5 letters, but that's quite the commitment to have 5 children.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I remember years back (I think it was because a character on Eastenders had a child called it or something similar) it was the height of sophistication of the chavs of my age to name their daughters ‘Courtney Paris’! 😖

I also used to work for Social Services on the Emergency Duty Team and we used to get some corkers in! There were plenty of girls called Shakira or Chardonnay and also there seemed to be a habit of some larger families (I shouldn’t judge but usually rough ones; I mean, it was the emergency social services team, we didn’t get many candidates for ‘Parent of the Year’!) to name all their children with the same letter, akin to the Kardashian’s but well, worse! There was one with all J’s and another with S’s, to the extent they’d actually alter names to fit the theme. So there was Shaleen, Sheryl, Sharlotte… and the list went on! 😳🤷‍♀️😆
My sister is a foster carer and not one of those kids has a name a sane person would reasonably give to a human child 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.