Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember years back (I think it was because a character on Eastenders had a child called it or something similar) it was the height of sophistication of the chavs of my age to name their daughters ‘Courtney Paris’! 😖

I also used to work for Social Services on the Emergency Duty Team and we used to get some corkers in! There were plenty of girls called Shakira or Chardonnay and also there seemed to be a habit of some larger families (I shouldn’t judge but usually rough ones; I mean, it was the emergency social services team, we didn’t get many candidates for ‘Parent of the Year’!) to name all their children with the same letter, akin to the Kardashian’s but well, worse! There was one with all J’s and another with S’s, to the extent they’d actually alter names to fit the theme. So there was Shaleen, Sheryl, Sharlotte… and the list went on! 😳🤷‍♀️😆
My parents also gave us names with the same initials. It's a pain in the arse when it comes to mail.

Reactions: 8
I take your Rue, and I raise you the spelling Roo 🥴 our estate agents little boy is legit called Roo… I was like ‘aw what’s that short for?’

….’nothing, it’s just Roo’ 🥴🥴🥴
I really hope they have a sibling called Tigger or Piglet 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Along the lines of shortened, or not actually, names, I remember once seeing some celebrity chef or other on TV and for whatever reason his brother was with him. When it came to introductions his brother’s name was ‘Topher’, which I found a bit odd until it transpired that actually his name was Christopher and he wanted to shorten it but didn’t want to be ‘Chris’ like anyone normal. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

‘Wanker’ was what sprang to my mind when I was thinking of more suitable alternatives! I mean, Topher, I ask you! 😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Along the lines of shortened, or not actually, names, I remember once seeing some celebrity chef or other on TV and for whatever reason his brother was with him. When it came to introductions his brother’s name was ‘Topher’, which I found a bit odd until it transpired that actually his name was Christopher and he wanted to shorten it but didn’t want to be ‘Chris’ like anyone normal. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

‘Wanker’ was what sprang to my mind when I was thinking of more suitable alternatives! I mean, Topher, I ask you! 😆😆😆
I knew someone whose tosser of a husband insisted his name (David) be shortened to Vid as Dave was too common 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
If I ever have a baby girl, I think I'll call her Caoimhe for the giggles 🤭 I'm Irish

• Haha
Reactions: 3

People like this make me so furious I have no words. I am amazed she was actually jailed. It's usually a suspended sentence if that.

How can those who do this sort of thing live with themselves?
woman

Reactions: 1
In Scotland (usually more the Highlands), a lot of poor women end up with a female version of their dad's name, usually by adding ina
Angusina has such a lovely ring to it :ROFLMAO:
As a student nurse in Edinburgh in the seventies, I trained with a Donalda and worked with a Dina short for Davidina.

Channel surfing this morning. Super nanny was on. A little bit called Guage. Not sure how they were spelling it! (Gaygge!) 😏

It's like Dad was looking through his tool box and calls "Hey honey! We can call the kid Guage! Whaddya think?"

*boy

I know a couple who have called their youngest child, a son - Lucky.

Apart from it being a crap name to be saddled with, isn’t it tempting fate?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Someone I know named her new born daughter Mimi, sorry that is a cat name.

I know a couple who have called their youngest child, a son - Lucky.

Apart from it being a crap name to be saddled with, isn’t it tempting fate?
People need to stop giving pet name to their kids. Lucky will be a perfect cat name

Reactions: 6
Someone I know named her new born daughter Mimi, sorry that is a cat name.

People need to stop giving pet name to their kids. Lucky will be a perfect cat name
I have a friend called Mimi. Sounds so childish on a grown woman.

Channel surfing this morning. Super nanny was on. A little bit called Guage. Not sure how they were spelling it! (Gaygge!) 😏

It's like Dad was looking through his tool box and calls "Hey honey! We can call the kid Guage! Whaddya think?"

*boy
I know someone who named her son Gaige. Her daughters all had normal, unimaginative names that have cropped up repeatedly on this thread

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.