Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I worked with a girl called Lacey Dark, and I endlessly joked she should have gone into adult entertainment (we were friends, it was a cool joke).

When I was junior sister, one of my new starters was called Blaise (Blaze). I was obsessed with it.

Worked with a Queen who called her twins Prince and Princess. Screamed when I heard this for the first time.

Toddler son is in a class of 31, and there’s a LilySophia, LilyAnna, LilyAva and LilyRose 😮💨There’s 3 Ava’s, 2 Willows and 2 Mia’s. I’m certain there’s 2 Paige’s as well.

There was twins at a baby group I went too called Ocean and Heaven. Bork

Was it a traveller family? I live in a town with a huge traveler population and that’s VERY common. John boy, Sam boy, Jay boy… or to mix it up, John Son, Sam Son, Jay Son…
No it wasn't lol

Back from today's walk in the south downs.

Heard:

Winter
Olive
Archie- :sick: he was also being a typical Archie by walking on the planted flower beds that had a sign saying not to walk there.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Hayley spelled any other way I.e. Haley, Hayleigh, Haylee, Halee. And while we’re at it Kayleigh is just a tit version of Hayley and Halle is just tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hunter for a girl!
It’s ok for a boy, but not what I’d choose, but I’ve noticed recently there’s a definite trend for people using it for their girls

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I never liked the name Lyndsey (and all variations)...it just hits the ear so harsh to me - Lynd-ZEE

A disproportionate amount of Sophie's are witches in my experience.

Birth announcement just seen on Instagram ‘Elouiza’ 🤢 sounds very much like Ebeneezer so must be getting into the Christmas spirit!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Chloe, isn't a bad name. However it suddenly becomes atrocious when it's spelt Khloe.

• Haha
Birth announcement just seen on Instagram ‘Elouiza’ 🤢 sounds very much like Ebeneezer so must be getting into the Christmas spirit!
This is bad. Never liked the name Eloise either, just makes me think someone is trying to remember someone called Louise. ‘Eh…Louise!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All the Lindsay/Lindsey/Lyndsey/Linzis I've known have been unpleasant.

Reactions: 5
All the Lindsay/Lindsey/Lyndsey/Linzis I've known have been unpleasant.
Its very 80s/early 90s. Very popular but absolutely no one calls their kids this anymore. I don't know a nice Lindsay either. Extremely dated like Kirsty, Claire, Kelly, Gemma and Louise (I actually quite like Louise). Future old lady names.

I’ve just remembered an absolute corker from years ago. I was in the doctor’s waiting room with my toddlers, two very young, very chavvy (judgemental, moi?!) girls with a girl and a boy called, wait for it, Rhianna-Santisha and Cornelius. Both names screeched in full at regular intervals as the kids ignored them and wreaked havoc n the toy box!

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.