Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lauren (sorry to all the nice Lauren’s out there) all the ones I’ve known have been bitchy or bullies!

Reactions: 6
Agatha/Aggie. I just think it sounds ugly and it reminds me of the word aggravate. I can’t help but wonder what compels someone to look at a baby girl and be like “yep, you’re definitely an Agatha”.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Another YouTuber mum has a little girl called Landon! Bad enough for a boy, but even worse for a little girl, in my opinion!
My test for name suitability for every stage of life is to say:X is such a cute baby, then at school, imagine the name being said at register, then how it sounds exchanging vows/with a title (Dr/The Right Honourable…) and finally as an obituary!

Reactions: 5
Anything that is too cute and only suits babies and toddlers . Mollie-Mae , Dolly-Mae, Tilly-Mae etc , for boys Teddy, Rocky , Alfie etc

another name that I dislike has to be jade.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
WRT weird spellings, I named my daughter Ivy. Nice and straight forward I thought. A woman in a cafe asked me if we spelled it I-V-Y or I-V-I-E ….. I mean why would you ever!!??
This happened to me. I have a normally spelt middle name which has a Y at the end. Someone spelt it IE and spelt my unusually spelt first and last names correctly. I did assume wrongly that maybe it was because I was in Ireland and that was how they normally spell it, but it's not.

Antia local bike will no doubt be shagging your mates husband or worst yours
Joan
Jessica jessie jess
Natasha tash tasha
Jayne jane
Never ment a nice david or a dave
Or a nice Donna
Anna
Kirsty
Lorraine
Emma
Stacey always ends up being an attention-seeking cry baby
Joy never met a joyfully joy
Daniel - dan two faced back stabber
Leeann
Helen
Gemma
Christine only ones i have ever ment are jumped up nasty ugly women who married men for there wallets

Vickie vicky Victoria normal two faced petty jealous women

April never ment a nice one normal a bully and a liar
Kelly kelly ann kelly jo Kellie again liars and when called out on it they hag you off
I absolutely LOVE your descriptions- you are spot on. 🤣🤣🤣 And you’ve actually got my name in there too which is kind of unusual because of it being a hyphenated American style name. Bless my Mum, she was a bit of a chav. When the Jeremy Kyle show was around you’d get at least 3 people in each episode with the “basic” un-hyphenated version. I wouldn’t say I lie loads BUT I am a good liar and would stand firm if called out so you’re not wrong 🤣🤣🙈. Oh and you got my sister Stacey spot on 🤣🤣.

OK! I know I’m going to offend as it’s so common but Sophie. It’s like a nothing name. Just and accidental sound that fell out your mouth. Literally wouldn’t make a difference if you had no name- in fact saying “the baby has no name yet” is far more interesting that sfffffe

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I absolutely LOVE your descriptions- you are spot on. 🤣🤣🤣 And you’ve actually got my name in there too which is kind of unusual because of it being a hyphenated American style name. Bless my Mum, she was a bit of a chav. When the Jeremy Kyle show was around you’d get at least 3 people in each episode with the “basic” un-hyphenated version. I wouldn’t say I lie loads BUT I am a good liar and would stand firm if called out so you’re not wrong 🤣🤣🙈. Oh and you got my sister Stacey spot on 🤣🤣.

OK! I know I’m going to offend as it’s so common but Sophie. It’s like a nothing name. Just and accidental sound that fell out your mouth. Literally wouldn’t make a difference if you had no name- in fact saying “the baby has no name yet” is far more interesting that sfffffe
I had a class once, around the 2006 mark I think, that had FIVE girls called Sophie in it. Five. In a class of 30! Ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Haha
Chanel …… no, just no

Made up names like Ryleigh, Jax-son boil my piss

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
My list is gonna be long 🤣 if anyone reads them all you deserve a medal. Love these threads.

Boy names -
Any names that instantly make me think of a middle aged man. See Paul, Gary, Craig, Barry, David, Andrew (slimy) Ian (especially when ppl spell it Iain....
I want to pronounce it ee-ayn !!!!!
Lots more of that theme but you get the jist.
Mason/Reilly/Logan just too overused.
Used to like the name Ryan but now I associate it with that awful child Ryan's world. 🙄
Not a big fan of Brodie
Kai/Kaiden however you spell them
Christopher. James. Connor, Kieran, Daniel. Sean. Thomas. Graham. Desmond. Jonathan. Or John. Stanley. Ethan. Aiden, Adrian. Anthony.

Girls -
Emma, Amy, Claire, Lauren, Karen, Deirdre, Edith, Edna, Maureen, Morag, Lily, Lola, Layla, Abigail, Donna, Lisa, Eva, Elle, Mavis, Maude, Dominique, Hannah, Hilary, Denise, Kara/Cara, Catherine, Kathleen 🤢 Freya, Isla, any kind of Kaylee, Brenda, Julie, Esme, Bridget, Imogen, Aria, Luna, Anything that begins with "char", Lorraine, Ava, Madison, Ondine, Rachel, omg so many 🤦‍♀️
My absolute worst is Anne-Marie. Turns my stomach 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Also the girl's name Tegan - honestly it is just SO common and ugly. I've never come across a non-chavvy one. It's like the girl's version of Tyler.

My list is gonna be long 🤣 if anyone reads them all you deserve a medal. Love these threads.

Boy names -
Any names that instantly make me think of a middle aged man. See Paul, Gary, Craig, Barry, David, Andrew (slimy) Ian (especially when ppl spell it Iain....
I want to pronounce it ee-ayn !!!!!
Lots more of that theme but you get the jist.
Mason/Reilly/Logan just too overused.
Used to like the name Ryan but now I associate it with that awful child Ryan's world. 🙄
Not a big fan of Brodie
Kai/Kaiden however you spell them
Christopher. James. Connor, Kieran, Daniel. Sean. Thomas. Graham. Desmond. Jonathan. Or John. Stanley. Ethan. Aiden, Adrian. Anthony.

Girls -
Emma, Amy, Claire, Lauren, Karen, Deirdre, Edith, Edna, Maureen, Morag, Lily, Lola, Layla, Abigail, Donna, Lisa, Eva, Elle, Mavis, Maude, Dominique, Hannah, Hilary, Denise, Kara/Cara, Catherine, Kathleen 🤢 Freya, Isla, any kind of Kaylee, Brenda, Julie, Esme, Bridget, Imogen, Aria, Luna, Anything that begins with "char", Lorraine, Ava, Madison, Ondine, Rachel, omg so many 🤦‍♀️
My absolute worst is Anne-Marie. Turns my stomach 😂
You just named the whole of the U.K. How can you hate James? 🤣. I mean I’m indifferent to it. I love “anything that begins with Char” 🤣🤣🤣🤣. There is no one called Andrew who isn’t a perv 🤣🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Milly
Maisy
Darcy
Miley
Lexi
Maddie
Layla
Lacey
Olivia
Summer

Old lady names like Alma, Ivy, Pearl, Betsy

Arlo
Milo
Casper
Felix
...all sound like cats names

Jayden Cayden brayden etc
Jaxon and all misspellings of Jackson
Kai Conor Callum
Kieran Kyron
Max and whatever it's short for
Zak and whatever it's short for...all pretentious

Milly
Maisy
Darcy
Miley
Lexi
Maddie
Layla
Lacey
Olivia
Summer

Old lady names like Alma, Ivy, Pearl, Betsy

Arlo
Milo
Casper
Felix
...all sound like cats names

Jayden Cayden brayden etc
Jaxon and all misspellings of Jackson
Kai Conor Callum
Kieran Kyron
Max and whatever it's short for
Zak and whatever it's short for...all pretentious
The cat names are all my mates kids names 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone want to fess up on regretting their kids names? I named my daughter Kayleigh, which I now think is totally chavvy and she’s so much better than that. She’s very sophisticated- she should have been an Isabella or something, she must secretly hate me 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.