Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s an instagrammer who has
Azure
Olive
Pearl
Clover
Divine
Drummer

I mean, you have to have some guts to call your kids those names 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Azure
Olive
Pearl
Clover
Divine
Drummer

Olive and Pearl are pretty normal, albeit Pearl is obviously a bit of an old lady name. Some of the rest are obviously...a choice, shall we say. The main take away for me of that list is how the heck does anyone cope with that many kids?!

Reactions: 3
I dislike Olive and Pearl, also have never met either, only Olivias here. but to me the funniest thing is putting them all together. You name one Divine ( facepalm ) and the next one clover? 😂 One is a pearl, one is just an olive. Azure has a terrible sound and drummer.. is a job?
they all just sound absurd to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Azure
Olive
Pearl
Clover
Divine
Drummer

Olive reminds a couple of generations of people of Olive from On The Buses. Clover is a margarine and most people struggle to pronounce Azure. 'Azz-ewe-ah, your tea's ready'

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Olive reminds a couple of generations of people of Olive from On The Buses. Clover is a margarine and most people struggle to pronounce Azure. 'Azz-ewe-ah, your tea's ready'
I should add that their surname is Dill which is also funny in combination with each.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Came across identical twins today called Mia and Mai. Both ok names but not together they’re basically the same name. You’re just setting them up for a lifetime of everyone not knowing who is who!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I also know a Pocahontas and she has a cousin DisneyBliss
Would not surprise me of their families are known to social services. My mum used to work in schools and she said the kids with the wildest names had the worst parents and were being looked after by foster parents etc

About 30 years ago I worked in a Nursery school, we had a child called BJ. it wasn't short for anything, his name was literally BJ. I'd love to know if he changed it later in life.

At my daughter's kids club there was a girl named Tiger.
Tbf our prime minister is bj and his surname is slang for a rude word

I'm surprised her parents didn't spell it tyga, what's the point in giving a tit name if you aren't gonna spell it like a twit

• Haha
  • Sick
Would not surprise me of their families are known to social services. My mum used to work in schools and she said the kids with the wildest names had the worst parents and were being looked after by foster parents etc

Tbf our prime minister is bj and his surname is slang for a rude word

I'm surprised her parents didn't spell it tyga, what's the point in giving a tit name if you aren't gonna spell it like a twit

That's abit extreme , No they weren't known to social services . Pocahontas is in her late 20s now and has a really good job
Disneys family are normal people with just wacky kids names

• Heart
Someone I used to work with has twins called Daisy and Maisy. Both nice enough names but it’s so gimmicky to use them for siblings.
I kid you not, I had 2 gerbils when I was 8 and named them Daisy and Maisy 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
When an ex colleague was pregnant she chose not to find out what she was having however they'd already decided on boy and girl names - Freddie or Jessica.

She was insistent they were sticking with classic names. She had a boy and ended up naming him Dax.
Maybe some people feel pressure to go quirky.
I wonder what changed her mind and also if she has any regrets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Have you guys heard of the singer Roo panes? :ROFLMAO:

I have tickets to his next show!

I'm loving the name Xander today.

Only known one Cyril and he was in his 60s.

Reactions: 3
But Cyril was a baby once😉
Yeah, about 60 odd years ago.

I don’t like Freddie, Ronnie, Reggie, and Frankie. Gangster names, bad connotations.

Bored to death with:
Olivia
Amelia/Emilia
Harper
Ava
Anything -May/Mae

Last edited:
Beyonce and Jayz's son is called Sir. I mean of all the names to choose from they choose this!
Not keen on their daughters name Rumi either 😄🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.