Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I girl I used to work with has a little newborn baby called Barry, i wonder if its the same person because I can't imagine its a very popular child's name :ROFLMAO:
Nah this was a few years ago, so that means more than 1 person has looked at their newborn’s sweet little face and immediately thought “Barry”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I received an important work email recently from a lady called Disney 🙃 the signed document attached she has used the same D as Walt Disney. Legit thought it was a joke to begin with ...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I used to work in a nursery and some of the names were ridiculous. I remember a girl called Khaleesi 🙄 and one couple chose to let their toddler name the new baby, which is cute in theory, but they actually named their new kid 'Leaf'... like... 🍁😬
There’s a Leaf at my kids playgroup, along with Ocean and Heaven. Khaleesi was SO popular the year my son was born! We considered Daenyrs as a middle name 😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I received an important work email recently from a lady called Disney 🙃 the signed document attached she has used the same D as Walt Disney. Legit thought it was a joke to begin with ...
There's a woman on insta with a boy called Disney.Her other kids are Winter and Summer.

I used to work in a nursery and some of the names were ridiculous. I remember a girl called Khaleesi 🙄 and one couple chose to let their toddler name the new baby, which is cute in theory, but they actually named their new kid 'Leaf'... like... 🍁😬
My brother's first word was bastard. That would have been a good name xDD.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Isn't Leaf a proper name spelt 'Leif' Scadinavian I think. Why mess with the spelling, to make it Unique, odd.
I came across a 'Freyah' the other day. Beautiful name. Does not need a H on the end. Seriously makes me judge when people do tit like that!

Reactions: 8
My entire life I endured my name (not this one obviously!) and I hated it!

All I ever got was "Eh?", "How d'you spell that then?" or "Thats weird" even though it's actually a very old Irish name that for whatever reason my parents alighted on despite there being no Irish connections, yet I would have given anything back then to have been a Jackie or a Rosemary - something, ANYTHING other than what I got saddled with! Instead I got ripped by other kids or teachers even questioning if I even knew that my name was obviously spelt wrong and tried to correct it for me.

Its different now I'm ancient because I accept it and I'm used to being asked how do you spell that after all these years, and I have only ever met three or four others with the same moniker as me. Yes its nice to be different in a world full of sameness :)

She's obviously a Kardashian fan ;)
Same as me I've spelt both my first and last name constantly corrected how to say it so many times..I've nearly died on the spot when someone has said them right 🤣

Reactions: 1
A girl I used to know called her son Stanley. Recently they chose a new name and changed it by deed poll....he's now called Jupiter 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Isn't Leaf a proper name spelt 'Leif' Scadinavian I think. Why mess with the spelling, to make it Unique, odd.
I came across a 'Freyah' the other day. Beautiful name. Does not need a H on the end. Seriously makes me judge when people do tit like that!
I teach a Freyah. She’s lovely- I kind of forgot that wasn’t the popular spelling as I read her spelling every day!

Reactions: 1
Same as me I've spelt both my first and last name constantly corrected how to say it so many times..I've nearly died on the spot when someone has said them right 🤣
Same! I have a perfectly normal middle name. Someone managed to spell it wrong whilst spelling my first and last names right...

Scott

I just don't trust it because it sounds like it should be short for something but it isn't, it's just Scott and it really annoys me 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Same! I have a perfectly normal middle
I teach a Freyah. She’s lovely- I kind of forgot that wasn’t the popular spelling as I read her spelling every day!
It's a name very close to my heart 🙂 so it looks odd to my eyes spelt like that. My name is an uncommon spelling of a boring average name. No one ever gets it right 🤣

Ohh didn't mean to quote that first post!

I know “Mae” is a big hate for some people, but I can’t stand “Mai” 🤢 I often look at some of the names people call their children and think, out of all the names, you called them that?! I wonder how many people go on to regret their child’s names lol. Someone on a fb group I’m in changed their child’s name when they were 6 months old, like, come on?!?!

Reactions: 5
I know “Mae” is a big hate for some people, but I can’t stand “Mai” 🤢 I often look at some of the names people call their children and think, out of all the names, you called them that?! I wonder how many people go on to regret their child’s names lol. Someone on a fb group I’m in changed their child’s name when they were 6 months old, like, come on?!?!
Here in France the authorities have the right to change your child's name if it is deemed unacceptable, ie if it promotes something or someone nefarious or might be the cause of embarrassment to the child in later years.

Not so long ago a couple named their kid Saddam Hussein which was immediately changed irrespective of their protests about "racism", but by the same token another couple named their kid after a cartoon character and that was changed too despite their saying it was a harmless choice. The PTB said that the boy would suffer in later life due to his parent's poor choice of names for him therefore he was given Charles or something like that as his Legal Name and the parents still called him Tit'euf at home as a family nickname.

I also don't understand why Lilith is getting so popular?!
Lilith was meant to be Adam's first wife / maybe Satan's wife / mother of all demons (obviously demons aren't real but everytime I hear that name I just think "oh yes, demon baby")

• Haha
Lilith was meant to be Adam's first wife / maybe Satan's wife / mother of all demons (obviously demons aren't real but everytime I hear that name I just think "oh yes, demon baby")
I just think of the wife in Frasier

• Haha
Reactions: 11
TBH I think its a beautiful name - Lilith was the Original Strong Female seeing as she was not going to do what anybody told her, especially that Adam!

When I was in junior school there was a girl called Lilith Dove and I envied her, especially when I hated my own name so much! Each to their own I guess :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.