Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A friends children (they're around 6 and 11) are called Frank and Eric. Sounds odd on children.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Bert 😂
There’s a Keith where I live as well, he’s 8 😂 his dad is Big Keith and then there’s a long line of Keiths that all came before him. Also Barry. Someone my husband knows named their baby Barry. Little Baby Barry.
I couldn’t keep a straight face if someone told me that their baby is Barry

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I came across a weird one yesterday... Ransley. Sounds made up. But apparently its an old english boys name meaning 'Raven meadow'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
My sister used to go out with a bloke called Jolyon. Apparently it's a medieval form of Julian. It's pronounced Jo - ly - on.

I used to really tease her about it - it's so arsey.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My sister used to go out with a bloke called Jolyon. Apparently it's a medieval form of Julian. It's pronounced Jo - ly - on.

omg I met someone with this name! I thought their parents had just invented it :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Did he boast about beating a fox to death on Boxing Day whilst wearing his wife’s comono? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Adult names on kids freak me out. I know a little boy named after his dad, he’s called Alan. Which to me is the name of a guy who’d give you a quote to re-tile your bathroom, not a toddler 🙈😂

Also naming kids proper “baby” names grinds on me, it’s as if people don’t realise their kids will grow up! Teddy is cute on a newborn but imagine applying for a job as an adult called Teddy. Just no 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just seen a picture on fb of a girl called Bluebell 😳
hahaha. My cousin has a Bluebell, as well as a Lilly, Poppy, Rosie, and then twin boys called Ronnie and Tommy. I wish i was taking the piss but im not.

Adult names on kids freak me out. I know a little boy named after his dad, he’s called Alan. Which to me is the name of a guy who’d give you a quote to re-tile your bathroom, not a toddler 🙈😂

Also naming kids proper “baby” names grinds on me, it’s as if people don’t realise their kids will grow up! Teddy is cute on a newborn but imagine applying for a job as an adult called Teddy. Just no 😳
Ohhh this has just reminded me. I know a baby 'Colin'. It makes me laugh every time i think about it.

• Haha

But then they become Ted!

My name is quite childish and I dislike it even more so now I’m in my mid-30s. I hate the shortened versions of it and nicknames. I just wish I was called something average.

I once met a three year old called Nikki. Quite cute at three, but at thirty three in a business setting? Why not at least give her the option of a grown up name like Nicole or Nicola for when she’s an adult. We always intended our boys being known by the abbreviated forms of their names but still put the full version on their birth certificates so they had the choice when they were older.

I once met a three year old called Nikki. Quite cute at three, but at thirty three in a business setting? Why not at least give her the option of a grown up name like Nicole or Nicola for when she’s an adult. We always intended our boys being known by the abbreviated forms of their names but still put the full version on their birth certificates so they had the choice when they were older.
I think the same when I see friend's kids called Ellie-Mae and Honey.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Anna Tsuchiya (Japanese celebrity) has a son called Simba and her former sister in law has a child called Everest Snow

I went to school with someone who now has a daughter called Kaitlin-Oshun - intended as a misspelling of Ocean, nothing to do with the Yoruba deity (family is white with no connections to the Yoruba people)

• Wow
Bert 😂
There’s a Keith where I live as well, he’s 8 😂 his dad is Big Keith and then there’s a long line of Keiths that all came before him. Also Barry. Someone my husband knows named their baby Barry. Little Baby Barry.
Ah I girl I used to work with has a little newborn baby called Barry, i wonder if its the same person because I can't imagine its a very popular child's name :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
My old boss went with a guardian to see some children and the baby was called summers breeze and she was fuming she said “ why didn’t they just call her Febreze and have done with it” all the other children had ‘normal’ names

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My old boss went with a guardian to see some children and the baby was called summers breeze and she was fuming she said “ why didn’t they just call her Febreze and have done with it” all the other children had ‘normal’ names
Were the parents fans of the Isley Brothers?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I used to work in a nursery and some of the names were ridiculous. I remember a girl called Khaleesi 🙄 and one couple chose to let their toddler name the new baby, which is cute in theory, but they actually named their new kid 'Leaf'... like... 🍁😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.