Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen someone call their kid 'Maybelline'

so they'll get maybe it's maybellliiiiineeee all their life 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I know someone who called their twins Jack & Jill.

Nothing against the names individually but think it's a bit much together - I just think of the nursery rhyme every time I hear it and start humming it in my head... Jack & Jill went up the hill.... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I heard a mum conversing with her toddler today. She was called McKenna.....what the duck

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I was in Primark earlier this week and a woman was shouting for her child...

Narnia-Rose 🙈

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I think this is a personal thing for me - I'm of Asian descent and have met many, many white guys with disgusting attitudes to East and South East Asian women. I've known quite a few well to do men who went for Asian or Eastern European trophy wives, and now all those women have names like "Mei-Ling Williamson", "Jelena McGillicuddy", "Piyamat Downey" and so on (not their real names, obviously, these are just examples.) I think it sounds AWFUL. Especially bad if she's from a culture where women keep their own names after marriage.

The reverse is also true. I have a close friend who lives in Japan and knows many expat women with no Japanese ancestry and names like "Judith Shiraishi", "Vicki Takemoto", "Amanda Kiyama" and so on which sound equally awful. It'd be different if the person were mixed race and that name took their multiple ethnicities into account, but as married names, they make me shudder
I am mixed race with East Asian descent. The name is so true, they don’t change their name but so many of them chose to take up their white husband surname which is ridiculous and felt very try hard. Like you said, Mei-Ling Williamson and some of them also try to retain their surname like Jenny Mei Ling Gao- Williamson.

Reactions: 3
Yes! I know of someone who has 3 kids called Teddy, Ralphie and Ronnie 🙈
these sound like nicknames you would give to a baby when you are talking to them in baby talk, OT but ralphie just makes me think about ralph wiggum on the simpsons :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
these sound like nicknames you would give to a baby when you are talking to them in baby talk, OT but ralphie just makes me think about ralph wiggum on the simpsons :LOL:
Yeah I agree, I can't imagine a grown adult with these names! Haha yes me too!

I don't even know where Ralphie came from, it's not as if it's short for Ralph. People I know use 'ralph' for being sick so I always associate it with that.

• Haha
I don't even know where Ralphie came from, it's not as if it's short for Ralph. People I know use 'ralph' for being sick so I always associate it with that.
I can just imagine that EVERYONE will ask him (as an adult) "but is your real name ralph?"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t know why but I’ve never liked Louise or Emily! I know loads who have Louise as a middle name and my cousin who is lovely is Emily Louise 🤣

Sorry to anyone with those names haha, my name has come up a few times here, usually as the ones the posters know are witches or bullies 👀 but can confirm I am neither 🤗

Reactions: 15
I don’t know why but I’ve never liked Louise or Emily! I know loads who have Louise as a middle name and my cousin who is lovely is Emily Louise 🤣

Sorry to anyone with those names haha, my name has come up a few times here, usually as the ones the posters know are witches or bullies 👀 but can confirm I am neither 🤗
there is a whole generation of people (myself included) born in the 80s with the middle name louise, I swear half the girl in my school, of my age, had the same!

Reactions: 14
there is a whole generation of people (myself included) born in the 80s with the middle name louise, I swear half the girl in my school, of my age, had the same!
Yes!! I’m early 90s but totally agree most girls in my year had Louise as a middle name!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.