Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arlo just doesn't sound like a real name to me. Feels more like a brand or a marketing/tech company to me 😅

I remember seeing someone who'd named their son Aero. Sounds cool if you're American (like they were) but if you're British, you just think 'chocolate bar' 😂

Reactions: 12
Arlo just doesn't sound like a real name to me. Feels more like a brand or a marketing/tech company to me 😅

I remember seeing someone who'd named their son Aero. Sounds cool if you're American (like they were) but if you're British, you just think 'chocolate bar' 😂
Arlo is the name of a security camera company - so I do understand that.

Reactions: 4
Graham, it reminds me of corned beef, don’t ask why because I don’t know.
Pamela, it reminds me of spam, again I don’t know why, it’s my weird brain.
People that add their middle names to look interesting, you’re not interesting, trust me.
Ian always reminds me of someone with massive ears.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think this is a personal thing for me - I'm of Asian descent and have met many, many white guys with disgusting attitudes to East and South East Asian women. I've known quite a few well to do men who went for Asian or Eastern European trophy wives, and now all those women have names like "Mei-Ling Williamson", "Jelena McGillicuddy", "Piyamat Downey" and so on (not their real names, obviously, these are just examples.) I think it sounds AWFUL. Especially bad if she's from a culture where women keep their own names after marriage.

The reverse is also true. I have a close friend who lives in Japan and knows many expat women with no Japanese ancestry and names like "Judith Shiraishi", "Vicki Takemoto", "Amanda Kiyama" and so on which sound equally awful. It'd be different if the person were mixed race and that name took their multiple ethnicities into account, but as married names, they make me shudder

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

i remember looking at sofas a few years ago and one of the models I was looking at was Arlo, that is all I associate it with:LOL:

A girl I used to know is called Rebecca Victoria and is known to everybody as Becky...apart from her dad - he hated the name Rebecca/Becky so calls her Vicky 😳😂 so confusing! Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Matching your kids names to all end the same.

jayden
Kayden
Brayden

Grayson
Jayson
Jaxson

• Haha
Matching your kids names to all end the same.

jayden
Kayden
Brayden

Grayson
Jayson
Jaxson
I cannot stand Grayson, who the hell looks at a baby and thinks ah yes he looks like a little Grayson 🥴 sounds like a brand of old man wellingtons

When people unnecessarily change the spellings of names.

I've just seen a 'Kapryce-mhya' on Facebook.

I'm sure it's supposed to be pronounced ca-preece my-a but the temptation to call her ka-pry-se mhh-ya would be too strong 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Being a supply teacher in schools I’ve seen a fair few weird and wonderful, not a fan of
Indie
Anything double barrelled with may/mae/rose
Daphne
Sigourney

and my personal favourite..
Rebecca spelt....
Ribeaca - I read it as Ribena every time!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Kayleigh Kayley Keeley Kelsey Kelly most ive met are pure witches!! somethin about the K lol I prefer the use of the letter C lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.