Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is with the trend of really old names?
If I heard someone say they were off to get Mabel and Ethel, I’d think bingo was letting out, not primary school.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
There's loads of names mentioned here that people dislike that I really like:ROFLMAO: such as Oliver, Lydia and Amelia.

A name I really dislike is Keith, whenever I say it corned beef comes into my head for some strange reason. :unsure:

I was in the park and a woman was constantly calling out "boy" and "girl" to her children. She obviously hadn't bothered to name them.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My friends daughter is called Ivy-Grace which I actually don’t mind but I think there was a battle for the first part and his wife won (he wanted grace) so he insists at all times you call her ivy-Grace which after a full day talking to a 4 year old is exhausting
Aw I’m with you on that one!

Just pick one bloody name 😡

I know they are both very popular names but I much, much prefer Ivy as Grace (to me) is so very dull. They are both names well suited to a girl-woman-elderly woman but, Ivy all the way.

I’d be raging having to do the double names.

Perhaps this is a “thing” for me as I dislike grown women who insist on being called Mary-Jane, Sarah-Jane, Sally-Anne etc. Boils my blood. It’s always women as well. I’ve never met a man saying “actually my name is Iain-Paul” 😂

Reactions: 5
Snooped on here and the first page has my newborns sons name 🥴

my kids names are uncommon but I wouldn’t say they’re complete out there- for me personally I really can’t stand;
- hyphenated names (ivy-rose etc)
- people adding Mae (or mai 😡) for no reason
- Freddie, Ronnie, Reggie, Frankie
- Fussy girls names (Aurora, Ophelia etc)

Reactions: 11
Snooped on here and the first page has my newborns sons name 🥴

my kids names are uncommon but I wouldn’t say they’re complete out there- for me personally I really can’t stand;
- hyphenated names (ivy-rose etc)
- people adding Mae (or mai 😡) for no reason
- Freddie, Ronnie, Reggie, Frankie
- Fussy girls names (Aurora, Ophelia etc)
I’ve met a right cow called Aurora, definitely not a princess

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I went to college with someone called Cloudy (yes spelt that way) and someone I know gave their daughter the middle name of Lavender. Lavender. Why?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.