Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sheila,
Sharon
Patrick
William

Any first name with a dash (hyphen!)or second first name Eg Mary-jane, rose-marie, Marie Rose 😜, Mary Anne, sue Ellen.
Not only do I have to remember your name I have remember your two first names! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Alaska
Indika
Frankie, for a girl.
Teddie-May
Bertha
Myrtle
Sharron
Barry
Garry
wayne
Zane
Dwayne
Dwight
Kelleigh
Rufus
Oscar
Herbie

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sheila,
Sharon
Patrick
William

Any first name with a dash (hyphen!)or second first name Eg Mary-jane, rose-marie, Marie Rose 😜, Mary Anne, sue Ellen.
Not only do I have to remember your name I have remember your two first names! 😂
I used to have a friend called Sammy-Jo. I don't remember anyone calling herby her full name. It was usually Sam or Sammy.

Reactions: 4
Bubba
Brooks
Webb

... Yes my boyfriend has been making me watch the golf.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I used to dislike Sharon because of the association with chavs, "Essex girls" and so on. But it is a place name in the Bible and I've met three or four Black Christian women who were given the name for that reason, they aren't trashy at all and have kind of changed my perception of it

I have an acquaintance I don't much like - she is very condescending and always right. Because of the pandemic, I hadn't spoken to her in a while. Well I recently caught up with her and found out that her three-year-old is named Sherry. She says her husband liked the name Sakura, but since they have no Japanese ancestry, they decided this would be cultural appropriation and combined the meaning (cherry blossom) with the initial S. It just makes me think of alcohol or a middle-aged American lady ...

ANYONE calling their kids Hunter, McKenzie or Parker is 🤢😂
Agreed. In general I don't like the use of surnames as first names

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
People I know who’ve called their kids awful names
Leyland
Dalton
Baylen
Braylon

Poor kids/babies. All chavvy families.

Reactions: 3
This thread always reminds me of that time Katie Hopkins said she hates geographical names all whilst her child is called India

• Haha
Reactions: 25
This thread always reminds me of that time Katie Hopkins said she hates geographical names all whilst her child is called India
I remember watching that morning show with holly willoboughy where it seemed Katie hadn't even realised it was a place name, hilarious

The name Lana.

it sounds like llama and rhymes with banana. It's also very boring.

Reactions: 4
someone i know has called her daughter "Zeplynn"
Not because they are fans of led zeppelin, i dont actually know why they picked that name. But they are the type of people who try too hard to be different and edgy and cool.
*I love Led Zeppelin and watched them at the 2007 celebration day, but i wouldnt ever call my daughter Zeplynn. lol.

Also, loads of people have called their babies 'frankie'. I dont understand that. Im not sure how someone can see a newborn and decide frankie is a good name tbh.
My half brother is a Zeppelin. He does not go by this.

I know someone who has a name like, say, Mary Jane (it's not that, but similar) and wants to be known as Janey, she gets upset if addressed as Mary. That just confuses people even more

My half brother is a Zeppelin. He does not go by this.
Do his parents like Led Zeppelin? The people i know dont even like Led Zep, and they have named her Zeplynn- they havent even been bothered to spell it correctly!

We actually named our Dylan after Bob Dylan. But i think thats quite tame compared to names like Bowie and Zeppelin!

Do his parents like Led Zeppelin? The people i know dont even like Led Zep, and they have named her Zeplynn- they havent even been bothered to spell it correctly!

We actually named our Dylan after Bob Dylan. But i think thats quite tame compared to names like Bowie and Zeppelin!
My Dad is a HUGE led zep fab. Huge!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.