Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching an episode of Judge Judy today and one of the plaintiffs was called Tuesday (she was female).

I can just about abide Wednesday for a name (at a push) and Sunday I’m still a bit iffy on but Tuesday?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ohh loving this thread. I have tonnnnnnes of names I don’t like....or are just so common right now.

Carol
Sarah
Tracey
Stacey
Susan
Gary
Barry
Becky/Becca
Winter/Wynter
Bear
Rocket
Wolf
Star
Dionne
Lauren/Laura (there were about 60 at my school)
Archie
Hux/Huxley
Brendan/Brandon
Marley/Luna (nice name but soooo many dogs)
Poppy
Janet
Janice
Janey
Jamie
Carson
Carter
Valerie
Jaxxon/Jackson
Jax
Stuart
Nova (nice word, don’t think it will age well...)
Arlo
Honey
Kayleigh
Arya (they can’t even pronounce it on the TV show lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ohh loving this thread. I have tonnnnnnes of names I don’t like....or are just so common right now.

Carol
Sarah
Tracey
Stacey
Susan
Gary
Barry
Becky/Becca
Winter/Wynter
Bear
Rocket
Wolf
Star
Dionne
Lauren/Laura (there were about 60 at my school)
Archie
Hux/Huxley
Brendan/Brandon
Marley/Luna (nice name but soooo many dogs)
Poppy
Janet
Janice
Janey
Jamie
Carson
Carter
Valerie
Jaxxon/Jackson
Jax
Stuart
Nova (nice word, don’t think it will age well...)
Arlo
Honey
Kayleigh
Arya (they can’t even pronounce it on the TV show lol)
Rocket 🚀 stop that now

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Navaeh usually followed with "its heaven spelt backwards"
Well evaworcim is microwave spelt backwards doesn't mean I want to call my kid it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Midwife here so get to witness lots of gorgeous names as well as the sublimely ridiculous. All time favourite has to be the lady who love Beyoncé and Shakera so called her baby Shabonce 😂
Poor child😲🙈

Tyler
Lexi
Jayden
Amy-lee

TJ
CJ
DJ
AJ
I know of kids with these initials as their names on their birth certificates.

Last edited:
I'd honestly never heard of the name nevaeh before this thread. I agree it's shocking.

I think Margot would be OK for a cat. Just reminds me of The Good Life.

A family I know have a boy and a girl.... Ben and Nevis. Not even shitting you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
A family I know have a boy and a girl.... Ben and Nevis. Not even shitting you.
Do the parents think they are going to be like Ant & Dec where their names are always called out together? They are not a pair of goldfish or pets where you would say their names together, they are/or will be adults eventually.

Ben & Nevis said together, yes I get it, but when they are independent of each other then Ben will get off lightly and Nevis will be stuck with this unusual name by herself which will sound out of context when not said with her brother Ben

• Haha
Reactions: 10
someone i know has called her daughter "Zeplynn"
Not because they are fans of led zeppelin, i dont actually know why they picked that name. But they are the type of people who try too hard to be different and edgy and cool.
*I love Led Zeppelin and watched them at the 2007 celebration day, but i wouldnt ever call my daughter Zeplynn. lol.

Also, loads of people have called their babies 'frankie'. I dont understand that. Im not sure how someone can see a newborn and decide frankie is a good name tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was watching an episode of Judge Judy today and one of the plaintiffs was called Tuesday (she was female).

I can just about abide Wednesday for a name (at a push) and Sunday I’m still a bit iffy on but Tuesday?
You need to see the movie "what happened to monday". Seven sisters one for every day of the week!

Margot. Really hate it but popular now!!
:(

That's my fake name on my spare insta account!!

I recently found out that one of the teenagers I used to work with in the PRU now has two sons called Blu and Cub
Have I won the thread?

A family I used to work with had 4 children, 3 were called Kia, Kai and Kay. The fourth was randomly called Amanda.
"A man da " said in Rachel from Friends voice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Kayden/ Brayden/ Hayden / Braxton/ Jaxxon,
Nevaeh,
Nova (sounds like something you’d call your border collie),
made up names like Aaliyah-mae or Caeligh-mae
Bowie (🤢),
People from Dublin calling their kids something like Hunter or McKenzie or Parker (really doesn’t work in a dublin accent)
etc
they are just beyond chavvy I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Kayden/ Brayden/ Hayden / Braxton/ Jaxxon,
Nevaeh,
Nova (sounds like something you’d call your border collie),
made up names like Aaliyah-mae or Caeligh-mae
Bowie (🤢),
People from Dublin calling their kids something like Hunter or McKenzie or Parker (really doesn’t work in a dublin accent)
etc
they are just beyond chavvy I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone 🙈
ANYONE calling their kids Hunter, McKenzie or Parker is 🤢😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.