Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enda
Paul
Paula
Philip
Patricia

I don’t get why people all use the same first initial for all their kids either. As for the misspelling trying
to be unusual or different, that would drive me mad spending my life correcting people 😂

Reactions: 7
Elexa. I know it’s not the worst name out there but it really grates on me. 😆 just spell it Alexa!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I knew a family with 8 kids, all beginning with K (started before the Kardashiand were a thing).

They were all misspelled normal names, horrendous.

Re Reevah a couple of pages back, we had a labrador we called that when I was a kid, 40 odd years ago. The inspiration was some cartoon, Speedy Gonzales, who used to shout it as he ran.
Didn't he used to shout "arriba, arriba"?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Seeing a lot of hate for Rebecca and all its variations and shortenings. It’s my name, and generally agree it’s boring AF :LOL: What I’ve never got is that you get called Rebecca at birth but barely anyone with the name is actually called Rebecca in the day-to-day, always called some variation. And when you meet people they can’t resist calling you whatever variation they feel like, I even get called just ‘B’ quite often, like even Bec or Becky is too much of a stretch for you now? O OK! I’m generally not too fussy about it but it does make me chuckle that my intended name at birth has ended up being so far removed from what I’m actually called by people.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Seeing a lot of hate for Rebecca and all its variations and shortenings. It’s my name, and generally agree it’s boring AF :LOL: What I’ve never got is that you get called Rebecca at birth but barely anyone with the name is actually called Rebecca in the day-to-day, always called some variation. And when you meet people they can’t resist calling you whatever variation they feel like, I even get called just ‘B’ quite often, like even Bec or Becky is too much of a stretch for you now? O OK! I’m generally not too fussy about it but it does make me chuckle that my intended name at birth has ended up being so far removed from what I’m actually called by people.
I know a few Rebecca’s and they choose to all go you different, so I have a Bex, Becca and a Becky it gets so bloody confusing what to call who what..🤯

Reactions: 5
I know a Rebecca who likes to be referred to as 'Bexy' 🥴 like no just for that im gonna call you Rebecca

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Cody for a boy. Everyone I know who has that name as turned out to be not a nice person. Wendy for a girl just plain daft

Reactions: 1
I know a few Rebecca’s and they choose to all go you different, so I have a Bex, Becca and a Becky it gets so bloody confusing what to call who what..🤯
I once worked with a woman who named her daughter Rebecca and always used the full name. She spoke about her constantly by name and always really emphasised the first syllable. Only problem was she couldn’t pronounce her r’s so it was always ‘Our Weebecca said, our Weebecca did, etc!’

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I recently found out that one of the teenagers I used to work with in the PRU now has two sons called Blu and Cub
Have I won the thread?

I knew a family with 8 kids, all beginning with K (started before the Kardashiand were a thing).

They were all misspelled normal names, horrendous.

Re Reevah a couple of pages back, we had a labrador we called that when I was a kid, 40 odd years ago. The inspiration was some cartoon, Speedy Gonzales, who used to shout it as he ran.
A family I used to work with had 4 children, 3 were called Kia, Kai and Kay. The fourth was randomly called Amanda.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My least favourite names are:
. Benjamin (just the way it sounds🤢)
. Keith
. Kayleigh (any name that ends in leigh)
. Steph/Stephanie
. Heather
. Fiona
. Sebastian (again, just the way it sounds)

Reactions: 3
I once worked with a woman who named her daughter Rebecca and always used the full name. She spoke about her constantly by name and always really emphasised the first syllable. Only problem was she couldn’t pronounce her r’s so it was always ‘Our Weebecca said, our Weebecca did, etc!’
That just makes me think of Sonia in EastEnders 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I knew a woman who called her daughters Bloom and Breeze.

Just awful in every way.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
My least favourite names are:
. Benjamin (just the way it sounds🤢)
. Keith
. Kayleigh (any name that ends in leigh)
. Steph/Stephanie
. Heather
. Fiona
. Sebastian (again, just the way it sounds)
well I don’t like your name! 🤪 (seriously I hate my name)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.