Nadia Sawalha #15 Itchy witchy, manky meanie, Selfies in bikini

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the press ups scene was cringe, it was so false & the hysteria so false and Mankys fake manic laughter in the background very disturbing. I found this vlog a bit strained and false and couldnt watch much more than a few minutes, relying on Lisa and her sons for content is getting desperate and Dina doesnt bring much to them either, other than being a geezer bird. They really should stop NOW
Wonder why Mark didn’t join in, surely he could guve the youngster a run for his money with all the JW workouts he does?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is from the book talking about parents who home school - must be describing themselves ----- Maybe your image is of lazy parents who don't want to conform because they can't be arsed, who take benine to the next level. (verging on abuse) parents who never grew up "vandals in sandals" as Mark calls them Nadia calls them happy clappies.

Got the sample from Amazon but it won't let me copy and paste so go over and have a look at the dross.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
One star review on Amazon. Don’t forget to click Helpful to boost that review

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I checked out the audio on amazon this morning too.
There’s a free clip to listen to.
WHY OH WHY, when she’s a presenter, when he likes the sound of her own voice, when they both do so many podcasts and are used to droning on in front of microphones for hours every day.... why have they got two other people to narrate the book?
If I was publishing a book which was also available for audio, Ibe wanting to narrate the audio version myself.
Lazy, sloppy, ‘can’t-be-arsedness.
Totally agree,but bloody hell,5hrs of listening to their tit, think I'd rather put hot needles in my eyes,

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Review No 1 from Amazon

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 September 2020
Quite expensive for what it is. Not too sure what I should have got from this.

I really wanted to like this book given the times that we’re in, but I came away feeling disappointed. I’m not sure I got much out of it. Is it really a ‘go to guide’? Is it ‘sharing experiences’? I’m not too sure the authors really know.

This uncertainly is reflected in the writing style. To my eyes, the book isn’t sure if it wants to be a story book, autobiography, a novel, or an informative guide. It tries to be all 4 at the same time. For example, some parts almost read as an attempt to be quite literary, and quite profound - but don’t quite hit the mark. Other parts feel quite juvenile in contrast: the multiple voices, the random stories, and the silliness. In reality, I was often confused and waiting for it to ‘cut to the chase’.

In terms of content, it felt lacking. There wasn’t much which was applicable to me, and the autobiographical parts weren’t particularly gripping. I really feel that the book could be cut down in volume by about a half as it does ramble on. I also felt the points about how bad ‘school’ can be for some people were repetitive and overstated.

If you have kids who want to pursue something vocational, then this book might be worth a skim. If your kids are more academic, then maybe not. That’s not to say that homeschooling can’t be good for those kids, but I don’t think this book really lends itself to that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
And the reviews are coming in already! Lets just say that they are not exactly glowing! :p

Review No 1 from Amazon

I really wanted to like this book given the times that we’re in, but I came away feeling disappointed. I’m not sure I got much out of it. Is it really a ‘go to guide’? Is it ‘sharing experiences’? I’m not too sure the authors really know.

This uncertainly is reflected in the writing style. To my eyes, the book isn’t sure if it wants to be a story book, autobiography, a novel, or an informative guide. It tries to be all 4 at the same time. For example, some parts almost read as an attempt to be quite literary, and quite profound - but don’t quite hit the mark. Other parts feel quite juvenile in contrast: the multiple voices, the random stories, and the silliness. In reality, I was often confused and waiting for it to ‘cut to the chase’.

In terms of content, it felt lacking. There wasn’t much which was applicable to me, and the autobiographical parts weren’t particularly gripping. I really feel that the book could be cut down in volume by about a half as it does ramble on. I also felt the points about how bad ‘school’ can be for some people were repetitive and overstated.

If you have kids who want to pursue something vocational, then this book might be worth a skim. If your kids are more academic, then maybe not. That’s not to say that homeschooling can’t be good for those kids, but I don’t think this book really lends itself to that.
Ahh you beat me to it!! LOL🤣. Oh well great minds think alike and all that!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Just trailed them on This Morning,Nitty and Murky talk about the 'extreme' lengths they went to, homeschooling their kids..

What, sending them next-door to some random home schooling tutors???? Yeah really extreme. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Angry
It's 12.15pm and not a mention on LW facebook page about their appearance only a story about Judy taking her son to school 30mins late - just join the fun at 12.30 it says. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏.
That book review whoever wrote it was bloody brilliant. It explained how bad the book was in such a nice way. I hope Manky and Nitty have read it as I am sure it's the first of many reviews saying the same thing 😂

• Haha
This is from the book talking about parents who home school - must be describing themselves ----- Maybe your image is of lazy parents who don't want to conform because they can't be arsed, who take benine to the next level. (verging on abuse) parents who never grew up "vandals in sandals" as Mark calls them Nadia calls them happy clappies.

Got the sample from Amazon but it won't let me copy and paste so go over and have a look at the dross.
Extremely convoluted intro to the book.
As someone else rightly said on here earlier- “falling asleep.”
Very hard to stay engaged after the first three or four paragraphs- mainly as it’s all ‘WE,WE,WE..’
Funny that they say they were “Thrown into homeschooling in 2015 but in other internet articles they’ve been doing it for 7 years.
Which is it?
It’s insulting to stereotype what they write to be they typical homeschoolers-it’s far from being politically correct.
Vegan/vegetarian, butterflies sewn into dungarees, barefoot with head lice....
Actually, no, hang on a mo...🤔

It’s going to be a tough few days Tattlers, as the attention they'll receive and countless interviews to promote next weeks ‘toilit’ paper will no doubt make them even more insufferable.
In all the headiness of the book launch (which will sink within days) it’s inevitable that they’ll continue to trip themselves up and give plenty good reason to not only hit the thumbs down, (Yawn) but provide the General public and the press with something juicy enough to reveal them as the frauds they are.
Stay strong and keep on truckin’😬

It's 12.15pm and not a mention on LW facebook page about their appearance only a story about Judy taking her son to school 30mins late - just join the fun at 12.30 it says. :)
I’m thinking it’s very odd that LW aren’t having them appear in person.
Any ideas as to why?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
On insta sounding like a pretentious twit. This book is holding your hand. He is Alan Partridge. Nitty starts singing in her usual attention seeking mode. He looks so pissed off. He's trying to sound like Paxman. This is the beginning of the end. When it tanks and they get the reviews in. No easy money. Meltdown.:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏.
That book review whoever wrote it was bloody brilliant. It explained how bad the book was in such a nice way. I hope Manky and Nitty have read it as I am sure it's the first of many reviews saying the same thing 😂
Manky won't be able to call them a troll and delete the comment. He'll be fuming!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Review No 1 from Amazon

And the reviews are coming in already! Lets just say that they are not exactly glowing! :p

Ahh you beat me to it!! LOL🤣. Oh well great minds think alike and all that!
I just thanked them for their helpful comment

I doubt we will be seeing much of Manky for the next couple of weeks. He will be opening shitloads of Amazon accounts, purchasing as many books as he can afford and leaving glowing reviews.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

I doubt we will be seeing much of Manky for the next couple of weeks. He will be opening shitloads of Amazon accounts, purchasing as many books as he can afford and leaving glowing reviews.
I’m betting the reviewer was a Tattler.
😏

The reviewer writes very much in the style of notSUBmissive methinks.
😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Q1. How many times will Nitty fluff her hair in the interview
Q2. How many times will Manky pout
Q3 Will they mention their 'Reality Show/Podcast

Reactions: 10

Can authors really do on that on Amazon? If we notice can we report him for false reviews?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.