My Solo Journey to Mom #18 All the piipsis drank and messing with her wee wee tank!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m convinced she sleeps on that couch. That’s not the first time she has shown it full of bedding & last time there was a pile of pillows too.

Reactions: 6
I’m convinced she sleeps on that couch. That’s not the first time she has shown it full of bedding & last time there was a pile of pillows too.
She probably does to get away from her own children for the night and to not be even in the same room “Mom needs her sleeping time” juknow! I have a feeling she just puts them into their cots in the bedroom at 6 and doesn’t go near that room whether they cry or make noise or not.

Reactions: 8
They are honestly very young for television. It was never really a thing for any of mine until they were 2 and a half ish and they all got into on Peppa or Ben and holly, three minute episodes. None of my kids would sit for a movie til they were way older.
it’s a bit like the sleep, they never had much choice in the matter from an early age.

Reactions: 1
The woman who said she put the child to bed at 6.30 and she was asleep by 7.15 what was happening in between?? Was the baby crying all that time?? Either way it shouldn’t take that long??!!

Reactions: 4
I was disgusted at that one ...she clearly let the child cry it out ...Lisa is a dangerous fraud who is now encouraging other mom's to put kids to be at 6.30 under the guise of being a gentle sleep coach...

Reactions: 9
If I put mine to.bed at 6.30 the fecker would.be up.at 2 for a few.hours
same here, it’s much earlier to ride out cranky time when it happens. Thankfully it’s rare now that we’ve just passed the toddler years but early nights prior to this always backfired on me

The occasional early night is fair if they haven’t had decent naps, as overtiredness does lead to a more unsettled night in my experience.
4.30 is still time for a cat nap though!!

If I put mine to.bed at 6.30 the fecker would.be up.at 2 for a few.hours
I put my little guy to bed at 7.30 and he’ll often call me in for “hugs” at 4am. And he’s a lot older than the twins. She’s probably say it’s my own fault for entertaining it but you know it’s far easier to go with it than try to get him to conform to what I want.

same here, it’s much earlier to ride out cranky time when it happens. Thankfully it’s rare now that we’ve just passed the toddler years but early nights prior to this always backfired on me
Thank God I’m not the only one. Early nights completely backfire on me every time. They’re up at 2am for the day. They went to bed a tiny bit earlier last night and they were up at 2:30am and that was it. We gave in and they slept in our bed! Good job we’ve a big bed!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The woman who said she put the child to bed at 6.30 and she was asleep by 7.15 what was happening in between?? Was the baby crying all that time?? Either way it shouldn’t take that long??!!
So how long should bedtime take?? That is 45 minutes…it can take that long on a good night for me to get my toddler asleep in bed
---
So how long should bedtime take?? That is 45 minutes…it can take that long on a good night for me to get my toddler asleep in bed
Also to add my child is a great sleeper and I do not require any sleep coach assistance

Last edited:
---

Also to add my child is a great sleeper and I do not require any sleep coach assistance
That woman wasn’t with her child for that time. Which most likely means crying it out method was used

• Sad
Reactions: 3
---

Yeah I know it was 45 minutes but for a baby that seems a long time in the cot before sleeping, maybe I picked it up wrong 😑 I’ve a 4 year old who takes an age to go asleep after she’s put into bed but she’s a great sleeper too thanks to lockdown when we couldn’t go anywhere she had the best routine ever!!

A local influencer (to me) is raving about her on her stories and I am honestly embarrassed for her.
i could not imagine making money off the cry it out method 🤣

Reactions: 9
A local influencer (to me) is raving about her on her stories and I am honestly embarrassed for her.
i could not imagine making money off the cry it out method 🤣
I think sometimesI rave about Lucy Woulfe so much that it probably seems like I’m on her sales team. But I was honestly one of those mums who was exhausted, sleep deprived and had no clue who to listen to re. asleep advice. My son was a great baby in lots of ways but he woke lots and needed to be rocked back to sleep at night (no bother self settling in the day.. would drift off in his cot/pram/wherever with no fuss).

At 10 months he was taking over an hour to get to sleep at 7ish and could wake at 2am for a couple of hours or twice a night.

I would happily have handed over €200 if I thought I could get our sleep back. My own health is poor and we were really finding things hard (I was! I was doing the nights).

I bought LW’s book and I highlighted the areas of interest and honestly just did exactly what she said and it really did improve our lives and our sleep hugely. It’s 100% a gentle method. Starting with being with the child at the side and slowly getting further away as the nights go on but at your own pace. If really helped us (til he went from cot to bed. She doesn’t cover that 😭😭😭😭).

My point is.. we don’t know what Lisa’s methods are. We can only speculate. But in my opinion the likes of Lucy Woulfe is worlds apart from Lisa in every respect - professional, well groomed and truly practicing a gentle way of supporting your child while they learn to get better sleep habits. It seems to be an unregulated industry which is worrying given the fact that the ppl are dealing with our children (indirectly but not the point). Lisa seems to be in it cos

a) she thinks she really is a sleep expert cos her children are like robots
b) minimal/no effort required in terms of personal grooming/leaving the house
c) she thinks she’ll make a fortune.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out

Reactions: 3
I think sometimesI rave about Lucy Woulfe so much that it probably seems like I’m on her sales team. But I was honestly one of those mums who was exhausted, sleep deprived and had no clue who to listen to re. asleep advice. My son was a great baby in lots of ways but he woke lots and needed to be rocked back to sleep at night (no bother self settling in the day.. would drift off in his cot/pram/wherever with no fuss).

At 10 months he was taking over an hour to get to sleep at 7ish and could wake at 2am for a couple of hours or twice a night.

I would happily have handed over €200 if I thought I could get our sleep back. My own health is poor and we were really finding things hard (I was! I was doing the nights).

I bought LW’s book and I highlighted the areas of interest and honestly just did exactly what she said and it really did improve our lives and our sleep hugely. It’s 100% a gentle method. Starting with being with the child at the side and slowly getting further away as the nights go on but at your own pace. If really helped us (til he went from cot to bed. She doesn’t cover that 😭😭😭😭).

My point is.. we don’t know what Lisa’s methods are. We can only speculate. But in my opinion the likes of Lucy Woulfe is worlds apart from Lisa in every respect - professional, well groomed and truly practicing a gentle way of supporting your child while they learn to get better sleep habits. It seems to be an unregulated industry which is worrying given the fact that the ppl are dealing with our children (indirectly but not the point). Lisa seems to be in it cos

a) she thinks she really is a sleep expert cos her children are like robots
b) minimal/no effort required in terms of personal grooming/leaving the house
c) she thinks she’ll make a fortune.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out
Bought the book myself out if desperation...it was 20 euro at the time ! However it was not 400 euro to listen to Lisa tell you black out blinds ...white noise...and leave them ..she is all for cry it out in disguise!

I used Lucy’s methods for tidying up our sleep hygiene, routines etc and it helped hugely.
In the end we opted to let our dude fuss it out (as opposed to letting him scream).
Turns out it’s what he needed for the most part- I never let him cry properly, but he did whinge for a while the first few times.
Having said that, he also sees daylight and fresh air…

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.