My Solo Journey to Mom #18 All the piipsis drank and messing with her wee wee tank!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No,I completely refuse to believe that those two girls were “so tired!” only after an hour or two from just getting up! They’re not newborns! They were wailing to get out! Our for a bit of fresh air! They’re sick of eating,sleeping,running from 1 wall of the living room to the other, eating again,sleeping…repeat every bleeping day! They’re like caged animals. They were like caged animals let lose in that hospital waiting room,again running from one wall of the waiting room to the other.
Take them out! Put their coats on and wellies or whatever,play out the back in that huge back garden! I’m quite concerned that they never get out and about and how “tired” they seem to be according to her. If they are genuinely that tired,why are they? Something doesn’t seem right about that. Is she just throwing them into the room and leaving them there because “mom” needs a break or to do her hocus pocus thing she calls a “job”?! I also have this feeling that since they came home from hospital they’re put into their cots and the door is closed whether they like it or not and left to cry in there on their own,now they’re so used to it the poor little things just accept this carry on. If this is the case than it’s so so cruel and damaging.

Reactions: 13
Im a veteran mudder of 4 like lots of ye, and I was a nanny for years before having my own.
My theory is Lisa let them cry it out for months when they were young, and now she puts them into their cots and leaves the room, and even if they don’t sleep they just don’t cry anymore and when she’s satisfied she’s had her break from them she brings them out. It has all the signs of this. They’re ‘in bed’ alright but they ain’t sleeping
ETA I was a live in nanny for a family where the mother was completely neurotic about ‘needing her breaks’ and the kids, including a baby would be put in their beds and the door closed and none of them would cry. It’s cruel and it’s not normal behaviour but it’s very easy to train babies to do this. (I quit the family 3 weeks into a year long contract)
You're on the ball here I'd say. It's either that or a gas leak.
As an aside to any ftm out there My demon toddler will only nap on the car 😅

Reactions: 7
For what it’s worth I have 4 children,I’ve been a mother for 17years now and I can honestly say none of my children slept an hour or two after getting up,they’re here getting their coats and telling me to get ready to take them out at 9am.I’ve a nearly 1yr old and he even goes to the door waiting to go out,he doesn’t go to bedroom to go to bed that’s for sure!🤣 He was up at 7:30 yesterday and I’m not joking he was still going at 8pm last night…not 1 nap…none! He hates naps! He likes to be on the go with the two toddlers,getting stuck into what ever they’re playing with. I confirm “mom” aka me do be wrecked sometimes but isn’t that what I signed up for when I decided to have children? I also have a full time job,a very stressful one. Lisa seemed to have signed up for the pregnancy attention rather than the actual children!

Reactions: 9
I think the twins are so used to so much sleep that now their bodies think it’s normal and need the sleep.. sometimes I find the more sleep my bibby and tiddler get the more they need

Reactions: 2
Im a veteran mudder of 4 like lots of ye, and I was a nanny for years before having my own.
My theory is Lisa let them cry it out for months when they were young, and now she puts them into their cots and leaves the room, and even if they don’t sleep they just don’t cry anymore and when she’s satisfied she’s had her break from them she brings them out. It has all the signs of this. They’re ‘in bed’ alright but they ain’t sleeping
ETA I was a live in nanny for a family where the mother was completely neurotic about ‘needing her breaks’ and the kids, including a baby would be put in their beds and the door closed and none of them would cry. It’s cruel and it’s not normal behaviour but it’s very easy to train babies to do this. (I quit the family 3 weeks into a year long contract)
Sounds a bit like the Romanian orphanages. I remember hearing of someone adopting from there and the excitement and relief when the baby cried for the first time. They were so used to being ignored that they no longer used their cry to call out/communicate. So it was an early sign of bonding and trusting the adoptive parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Sounds a bit like the Romanian orphanages. I remember hearing of someone adopting from there and the excitement and relief when the baby cried for the first time. They were so used to being ignored that they no longer used their cry to call out/communicate. So it was an early sign of bonding and trusting the adoptive parents.
Gosh I heard the same story about an orphanage in the Philippines, a volunteer was working there & babies handed in initially screamed the place down & then they went silent like all the others cos they learned nobody came 😢😢😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: 5
big nieces coming for a sleepover. Will they get flung into beds at 6pm or will she spend the evening enjoying them doing things she should be doing with her own?

Reactions: 6

This is chilling but makes sense , it's not natural how docile those girls are .

I've had a day of it with my baby ...naps get interrupted for school runs etc ...I've done everything to get her to bedtime between 7/730pm [it's flexible] but today she has had enough and I'm here putting her down ...its so early...but one of those days ..prob teething related ...anyways my point is I couldn't imagine closing the door at 6pm most nights and being done for the night ...I know I'm in for a night of it with this lady now but isint it what you sign up for ....

Reactions: 8
big nieces coming for a sleepover. Will they get flung into beds at 6pm or will she spend the evening enjoying them doing things she should be doing with her own?
Ah no sure Pippa be minding the nieces so lazy lisa doesn’t miss out on any couch / sleep time

Reactions: 4
Ah no sure Pippa be minding the nieces so lazy lisa doesn’t miss out on any couch / sleep time
You might be surprised. She did a lot with those girls before she had her own. That’s partly why I’m so surprised she has such little interest in doing fun things with the twins

Reactions: 6
I don't think she fully appreciated how hard being a single parent would be. I am genuinely in awe of anyone who raises children by themselves because I know I'd be a depressed wreck if I'd no one to share the responsibility with. I know you just have to get on with it but it can't be easy and grandparents there just isn't the same thing. That's why I think this regimented parenting style is just her way of coping with her situation.

Reactions: 9
Anyone else think Lisa is literally about the money with this new business? She doesn't call the 15 min call "a consultation", she literally calls it a free call. Yesterday she said she wouldn't recommend the 349 if the 199 suits better. She literally refers to it as the price of the package!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The girls don’t even look a tiny bit like her in that photo she put up tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think she fully appreciated how hard being a single parent would be. I am genuinely in awe of anyone who raises children by themselves because I know I'd be a depressed wreck if I'd no one to share the responsibility with. I know you just have to get on with it but it can't be easy and grandparents there just isn't the same thing. That's why I think this regimented parenting style is just her way of coping with her situation.
She doesn’t enjoy them one bit. She’s too focused on routine. Once they’re fed & asleep she’s happy. This job is the happiest I’ve seen her since her pregnancy announcement. I don’t feel like the girls bring her joy & that’s just so sad. They’re such gorgeous little girls. If she can get them out the door for 8 on creche days then she could easily get them into Charleville for a runabout in the playground before their morning nap. If they doze off in the car after, is it that bad? A couple of weeks ago she was telling mums with 2 school collections to do a car nap in between. She should practice what she preaches if she thinks it’s all so easy.
---
That poll, who thinks Hazel looks like her?? 🤨
She’s definitely got her chin as @PandoraSkye mentioned but other than that I don’t see any resemblance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My mam always says the more sleep a child gets the more they need!! Now she’s old school but I’d also imagine that the twins are so used to just toddling around one or two rooms that they probably were worn out from being more active yesterday!! Now I’m off to start saving my pennies so Saint Lisa of Ballyhea can work her miracle on my 14 month old who likes to play nap roulette every day 😂😂

Reactions: 2
The visitors from out foreign are a killer!
did she really just say that?
---
I cant understand why those kids are so tired. Kids have so much energy. It’s just weird.
Out foreign…I just can’t 🤦‍♀️ Had to double check what year we had…1950-something?? Jesus almighty 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.