My solo journey to mom #17 does not pay rents, house full of tents, couch has dents, does tha make sense?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s clearly on a health kick which is good. And also on the floor instead of barking orders from the couch. We’re glad you’re taking what we’ve been sayin on board Lisa. We wish you well 👏🏻

Reactions: 5
She’s clearly on a health kick which is good. And also on the floor instead of barking orders from the couch. We’re glad you’re taking what we’ve been sayin on board Lisa. We wish you well 👏🏻
Seems it, no judgement here I think it’s a great move for her!

Reactions: 2
‘Never used the bed as an option no matter how bad the night’ what a c**t. All the nights those girls were sick & would have loved nothing more than cuddles with Mammy in bed. I love when my youngest pays a visit during the night, a quick cuddle & then say good night & she generally falls asleep feeling warm & secure. when very sick we don’t even try put her in her own room until she’s over the worst of it. She’s nearly 4 & I’m in no rush to change things

• Heart
Reactions: 26
They ‘freak out’ when you bring them in for cuddles because obviously it’s a rarity. Her comment on how she won’t bring them into the bed no how bad the night and knowing how many times those two girls have been poorly just breaks my heart. She’s truly lacks all maternal instinct and nature

Reactions: 19
Lisa relies heavily on screen time, we’ve seen that countless times in her stories so why when someone asked about down time is she not mentioning it? Turn off the big light and turn on the tv more like, me arse is she reading to them it be a first I’d say. Tonie Box incoming

Reactions: 11
They ‘freak out’ when you bring them in for cuddles because obviously it’s a rarity. Her comment on how she won’t bring them into the bed no how bad the night and knowing how many times those two girls have been poorly just breaks my heart. She’s truly lacks all maternal instinct and nature
That was a very upsetting read for me. My kids love hopping into my bed. Both my kids are home sick this week & my eldest grabbed his iPad & hopped into bed with myself & his little sister this morning. They both love my bed & it’s had no impact on them sleeping in their own rooms, my youngest may come in through the night but will fall asleep in her own bed with no issues.
That’s very sad that the twins don’t have that connection with her.
Going cold Turkey on the bottles too, what was the rush? I don’t think she waited a day over them turning one to do that

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is she not at home all day every other day?? People are obviously trolling her about screen time and wind down time!! Lisa obviously forgot to mention all the tv they watch before bed 😂 and the rear facing question!!

Reactions: 7
1. What kid doesn't love to go into their parents bed? This is literally the first time I've ever heard it. I'm fairly strict with my 4 yr old not coming into our bed, he loves his own but when he's sick the rules go out the window.

Screenshot_20230208-225900.jpg

2. Regarding the wind down time, she's full of tit (as usual), she said only a week or two ago that she puts them in front of the TV before bed. Nothing wrong with that IMO if it works for you but don't bullshit about it.

Screenshot_20230208-224840.jpg

My 3 year old sleeps with us. Although my husband works away half the week but I often have nights my 12 year old would wake up beside me too... ice cold she is

Reactions: 4
1. What kid doesn't love to go into their parents bed? This is literally the first time I've ever heard it. I'm fairly strict with my 4 yr old not coming into our bed, he loves his own but when he's sick the rules go out the window.

View attachment 1945880

2. Regarding the wind down time, she's full of tit (as usual), she said only a week or two ago that she puts them in front of the TV before bed. Nothing wrong with that IMO if it works for you but don't bullshit about it.

View attachment 1945874

* Than

*Lamp

Does she ever manage to put up a post without misspelling something?

This means she didn’t even have them in the bed when they’ve had vomiting bugs. You wouldn’t always hear someone choking on vomit when lying down. I wouldn’t relax not having mine beside me as babies, we always put a big towel down between us, child lying on it & a basin at their feet so we could react quickly if needed. My eldest would manage fine now & call us if needed but I still wouldn’t leave my 4yo.
At the twins age I didn’t need to think twice about it, straight into our bed

Reactions: 8
Those poor tiddlers. She’s so odd!
And lying about the wind down time 🤥

At least her rearfacing answer made sinse juno.

“I’ve never used my bed as an option, no matter how bad the night”…. Yeah but you had no problem pawning them off into your parents room to their bed whe they were smaller… 🤷🏻‍♀️

My 4 year old often comes into us during the night, I asked them why they do they like coming into our bed, the answer was that they feel warm and safe. I love that, it almost made my heart burst.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My 4 year old is in the bed with us most nights now but had no interest until the last year or so. She used to sleep though the night in her cot at that age. Only since she’s out of nappies and wakes in the night for the toilet that she comes into us now. I’m delighted she finally comes in and will be in no hurry for it to stop.

Pleased to see her comments about rear facing, she has a bit of sense in that department anyway.

Easy know she’s not up for work every morning cos most parents will do whatever it takes to get a nights sleep because they have to be up to go to work the next day 🙄

Reactions: 11
I don’t know why Lisa isn’t branching into adults given how the odd phone call will have your child sleeping all night in their cot. Think of all the insomniacs she could cure! She shouldn’t be hiding away her special powers

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My 4 year old is in the bed with us most nights now but had no interest until the last year or so. She used to sleep though the night in her cot at that age. Only since she’s out of nappies and wakes in the night for the toilet that she comes into us now. I’m delighted she finally comes in and will be in no hurry for it to stop.

Pleased to see her comments about rear facing, she has a bit of sense in that department anyway.
It’s “since” …she has a bitta since ju know about rear facing the tiddlers 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 3
“I’ve never used my bed as an option, no matter how bad the night”…. Yeah but you had no problem pawning them off into your parents room to their bed whe they were smaller… 🤷🏻‍♀️

My 4 year old often comes into us during the night, I asked them why they do they like coming into our bed, the answer was that they feel warm and safe. I love that, it almost made my heart burst.
I have lots of memories from when I was quite young. I still remember waking up in the middle of the night age 3/4 and going to my parents’ bed. They’d both stay asleep and I’d climb in between the two of them and it felt warm and safe. There’s always be a joke the next day “where did you come from”.

Honestly, I was terrified to co-sleep at first cos my baby was small and I did hear of someone we knew rolling on the baby. It was just my own fear. But I’d often have him in the bed while we were awake in the mornings. As he’s gotten bigger, there’s no issue if he wants to hop in when sick or after a nightmare. It’s partly to make him feel safe, partly cos I’m happy and relaxed when he is and also as someone else said, I’m up for work at 6am. I just need to settle him fast and make sure we’re all sleeping

I do think these early years are precious and while she thinks she’s right and she’s doing her best, I feel it could affect their relationship long term. They’ll seek comfort in each other and from the mammy. She will become like an aunt.

Reactions: 10
Each to their own but my god ..
This one is not one bit maternal. Between the milky mates , and no snuggling her small ones . I cant imagine much room in that bed of hers anyway, twins are better off in their cots from a health amd safety perspective 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.