Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
My dad died in Dec 2020. We were in another lockdown and my head was a mess as he died so quickly from diagnosis. Fortunately My husband and my children looked after me when everything seemed so strange. 5 weeks after my dad died my husband fell ill with the exact same symptoms as my dad.
Oh my God, did your husband recover? Condolences on the loss of your dad.

Reactions: 3

mindlessness

VIP Member
People anonymously on the internet trying to police people also posting anonymously on the internet 😂

Just seen the lesbian sister in law thread. Absolutely horrendous.
Which section is the SIL thread in? Mumsnet is such a pain to search navigate and I can't find it.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Someone has actually compared poetry poster to Victoria Wood and I honestly don’t know if they’re being sarcastic or not! Reminds me of how they used all fawn over those Vlad and Vlanka threads which were racist AF.
What an insult to the comedy genius Victoria Wood o_O She'll be spinning in her grave at the comparison.

What were the Vlad and Vlanka threads?

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Hmm, I searched for that thread fully expecting it to be something ridiculous like 'I cried because the only being that has smiled at me in 20 years is a potato smiley' but actually it's a thread about the OP's 10m baby not eating anything. Tbh I can empathise, weaning can be stressful, and it's not a batshit thread! Think the title was just to attract people to it.
Maybe not batshit. Attention seeking, absolutely!

• Heart

Anotherdayanotherwalk

Aaah it's all so inane, vacuous and irritating over there. This one is a particular gem: "Do you think I'll get UC as i can't work due to a medical condition I've not seen the GP or any health professional for in 30+ years".

Mycatoliver

I’d say maybe a lurcher ….not sure
We have a whippet cross and he forever has an embarrassed/worried look on his face 😅

random but the woman with the dogs always has her mouth slightly open in selfies

Melian

VIP Member
Has anyone read the "DS told us he knows what sex is" thread?? Worth reading the posters comments. Christ above. Her son is 9 and she's absolutely horrified. She said her husband spoke to their son about "the birds and the bees" and literally meant the pollination of plants! Fucking idiot! 😂
it was more period related I think, but I'm sure we had sex ed at that age.

Reactions: 2

iLoveMeSomeCanoles

Chatty Member
Why does she insist on making a camel toe 🤮
She also needs to be careful if be he doesn’t want to be outed as you can clearly she she has affiliations with a uni/uni department

she’s also possibly the dullest one on the thread talking about her dreary day

The posh do outfit is utterly hideous and dated
She looks like a sack of spuds in that dress with a hideous little bag
What's a "shirt dress petson"?

• Haha

Aussie

VIP Member
There’s a thread about Justine on mumsnet now. I wonder how long that’ll stay up. I am 😂 at people saying it’s her business - if you want something to be your business, probably best not to tell the telegraph about it!
I'm just having a scroll through the thread, there are some good balanced comments but also some batshit ones!

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I’m sure I read that they don’t class a dove bar of soap as ‘proper’ soap on there. It has to be traditional soap to clean us disgusting germ ridden humans!
Yes! I remember that now that you mention it. 😁

I haven't ventured on there yet today but I do wonder sometimes about the 'is this dress suitable for a wedding' threads.
Either someone trying to stir or else someone pushing a particular website or whatever.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
There were a few DS posters who died. Wonkydonkey being the main one but there was a girl who died of anorexia. She used to post pictures of cakes she’d made. Can’t remember her name now,

• Sad

Aussie

VIP Member
Took me ages to find that thread. Aside from the fancy jeans comment they’ve really come to the table with some great options for OP.

little Wing’s occasion dresses are v v pretty. <saves to favourites>
I had actually heard of this company until I read the thread. They did her her some really good options