Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ashfox

Chatty Member
A man carrying 3 carrier bags round with him everywhere he goes has unlocked a new ick I didn’t know I had 😂
My ick is the sheer amount of “bags for life” my other half manages to bring into the house despite the bag of bags that is chock full that most households possess.

I think he thinks that the life here is mayfly x

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Tyla73

VIP Member
Are there any alternative forums though?

I started out with Handbag where the family forums were friendly and social. Moved to Damsels for a bit when Handbag went weird but that didn’t last long. Tried the mock turtle but found that worse than mumsnet, really bitchy and cliquey. Just had a quick look and a lot of the same names are still there!
@notanotherusername92 I used to be on Handbag and then moved to Mock Turtle where I stayed for quite some time (although not on the family/parenting threads as I am childfree). I stopped posting on there a few years ago because I got fed up with the clique mentality and the free pass a couple of posters get to be incredibly rude and combative, while everyone else gets jumped on if they express any opinion outside the hive mind. I remember it getting increasingly ‘middle class mum‘ on there over time - they too are lovers of Cos, Seasalt and Toast 😄 .

• Haha
Reactions: 4

stardust1

VIP Member
I found that they were rabidly for lockdown until reality hit and they had to look after their own kids. Then they were all ‘sobbing on the kitchen floor’ because parenting the children that they chose to have impacted on their ability to do their ever so important, six figure salary niche industry jobs. In real life there was more of a balance, I know people who struggled but I know loads more who’s kids thrived at home. The modern school system doesn’t suit every child. I remember I used to go for a daily walk around a nature reserve and I’d see the same family down there a lot doing work sheets and generally having a blast whilst learning, parents kids and even the dog. If only school couldn’t me more like that and less obsessed with academia.
I love this, I can’t wait for the weather to be a bit better

Reactions: 3

kingseven

VIP Member
She did, and she wasn't very old. She was a prolific poster too, so many people felt that they actually knew her.
I remember this, I think she had meningitis? If I remember correctly she posted about an ear infection not long before she passed which can apparently lead to meningitis.

If my memory serves me right I seem to recall she was only late thirties:(

• Sad

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
I’d say maybe a lurcher ….not sure
We have a whippet cross and he forever has an embarrassed/worried look on his face 😅

random but the woman with the dogs always has her mouth slightly open in selfies
Yes, it could well be. My parents had a greyhound and I always think of whippets as smaller versions but they're probably not! Lurchers are sighthounds as well though as I recall?

Open mouth woman is probably also on OnlyFans.

• Haha

Et0n-Mess

It’s for poor people now. So is green and blacks and Lindt. You need to get Tony chocoloney if you’re middle class apparently 🤷🏽‍♀️ and fortums if you’re UMC. If you’re rich you fly it in from abroad because anything English is for commoners.
No there was a whole thread recently about Tony’s Chocolonely and how it tastes just the same as Aldi’s 25p bars. Clearly not the MC chocolate of choice any longer.

JoJo76

VIP Member
I occasionally venture into the H&M threads, they are funny and I loved Chita's cartoon drawings. But when shit is hitting the fan, they move too fast for me.

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I occasionally venture into the H&M threads, they are funny and I loved Chita's cartoon drawings. But when shit is hitting the fan, they move too fast for me.
Chita's drawings are brilliant! If they aren't a professional artist, they should be.

I like reading the thread but it does move far too quick I struggle with even that. I've been dipping in and out though, it makes me feel better seeing people echo my own thoughts.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
There’s a thread where OP has paid £100 for a wash out toner at the hairdresser. They are trying to go silver. Lots of recommendations for products and advice. So far so good. One poster puts up a photo of her own hair. It looks awful, the poster says herself, but it’s a colour the OP might like. If my hair was having that bad a day, I’d wear a hat, and there is a muppet saying it’s lovely.
And she’s sooo defensive about her roots. You’ve literally said in your first post you haven’t had bleach for 3 months, people are going to quite rightly question the roots situation when you’re asking for and being given advice.

• Haha

Mycatoliver

Sometimes I really hope that some mumsnetters aren't actually mums! Apart from the responses saying "Just ignore her. If she knows she's getting to you, she'll do it more", we have this gem:

They are all, frankly quite mad and their kids and step kids are going to be utter brats!
What the actual fuck!

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Ugh, think of the bogey like gunk that accumulates under claws like that :(
Mine get grubby pretty quick and they're short!

Something I learnt is to dig your fingernails into the soap when you're washing your hands, fingernails come up sparkling afterwards

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
So happy to have found this thread! Mumsnet is vile. I use to post on there often a few years ago and more recently. The recent post was awful. I was asking for advice and I just got attacked from all angles. I was having trouble with my husbands drinking and I was told to leave him, that I was irresponsible for bringing up my child in that household, that I should be reported to social services and that I should get help for staying with him!! I left and closed my account. I knew my husband drinking was not ideal hence the post! They had no idea of his past and why he drinks (ex military) and I was blamed and accused of being a bad mother!

Anyway, lovely to join you, sounds like a fab thread :)
Sorry to hear that you got such horrible responses. I am convinced that some posters lie in wait for threads and go in, all guns blazing with the most ridiculous over the top responses.

People should be able to ask for advice there and get something out of it. It's so overrun with people bullshitting about imaginary six figure salaries and DH's outing hobbies that it's a parody of what it should actually be.

Similarly, because of the trolling it's next to impossible for people to ask advice re periods/ menopause/ whatever. Perfectly legitimate subjects but because the site is trolled so much, most people would rather suffer in silence than ask a question on there.

It's a shame.
It WAS a good resource, imo, some years ago.