Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Parking diagrams annoy the tit out of me.
"its the law!"

Use your imagination you brain dead twonk.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This one made me roll my eyes. A poster is having a house built/extended whatevs and the architect has put the boot room at the front so itā€™s external door is just along from the front door. She wants to know if this will look odd to have two doors close together. The classic MN comment is that she should be careful if they have a gun cupboard in the boot room as it could be seen through a front window. šŸ˜‚. How the other half lives epitomised right there. šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I havenā€™t been on it for years but there were some good threads like the cube of poo and pandabearā€™s driving one. There was the lovely lady whose son died after waking up from an operation and eating some cake šŸ˜¢.

Reactions: 1
Imagine fantasising about boot rooms and gun cabinets from your tower block in Elephant and Castle. Sad

My parents had Money, their friends had Money, My friends from school had Money. I've not once seen guns kept in the boot room (We always knew it as the tack room but I assume that's what they mean). All the gun cabinets I ever saw were upstairs in an office or a small room up by attics where dangerous tit in general was kept. They haven't got a clue. It's pathetic

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I had a friend once who made special gun cabinets - beautiful things, if you ignored the contents. He sold them for absolute megabucks. And yes, boot room was always the tack room!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lol Iā€™ve just seen the destination birthday one. Half of the comments are ā€œyour friendā€™s a twit for having a destination birthday/expecting everyone to payā€. Does no-one there have any friends? Mine must all be twats then because about 4 want to organise a destination birthday and weā€™ve just been to one last month šŸ˜‚ And every holiday Iā€™ve been on, the cost is always split! Who tf is so loaded that they can afford to pay for all their friends to go on holiday? What planet are these people on!

Reactions: 7
They genuinely don't understand common things like people paying for themselves at social events.

I don't understand how so many of these women who apparently met and married a man, have not one friend or any kind of social life. Did they meet their DH in the back garden?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They genuinely don't understand common things like people paying for themselves at social events.

I don't understand how so many of these women who apparently met and married a man, have not one friend or any kind of social life. Did they meet their DH in the back garden?
Someone wrote ā€œI have NEVER been on a group holiday where the host hasnā€™t paid for the accom and food themselvesā€. Iā€™ve never been on a holiday where it hasnā€™t been split evenly. Either their friends are all millionaires, or theyā€™re a billy bullshitter.

Reactions: 6
Someone wrote ā€œI have NEVER been on a group holiday where the host hasnā€™t paid for the accom and food themselvesā€. Iā€™ve never been on a holiday where it hasnā€™t been split evenly. Either their friends are all millionaires, or theyā€™re a billy bullshitter.
The most annoying thing about that situation is this: I have NEVER been in many situations described on mumsnet. HOWEVER I can understand those situations and discuss them without picking them apart. It doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s never happened to YOU itā€™s happening to the poster so advise her on what is happening to her.

Itā€™s similar to when posters use local slag/terms eg fizzy juice/pop/barm/bap ā€˜but what does it meeeeeeeeeeeean?!ā€™.

Why would you want to show your self up as thick/lacking in empathy/having no imagination. You should be able to see things from others points of view or infer things from context or you shouldnā€™t give other people advice or involve yourself in their situation just to start side arguments.

Reactions: 15
Right! I've got friends who are megabucks professionals earning the famous mn six figures, and while they will probably pay for the takeaway if we go round, they're not paying for anyone's holiday.

There's a thread atm where a poster is questioning how cheap it actually is to make some foods from scratch (conventional wisdom) vs buying it. Obviously 90 percent of posts are about quality or taste (not what was asked) or suggesting purchases of a slow cooker, pressure cooker and air fryer to cut costs.

Reactions: 10
The most annoying thing about that situation is this: I have NEVER been in many situations described on mumsnet. HOWEVER I can understand those situations and discuss them without picking them apart. It doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s never happened to YOU itā€™s happening to the poster so advise her on what is happening to her.

Itā€™s similar to when posters use local slag/terms eg fizzy juice/pop/barm/bap ā€˜but what does it meeeeeeeeeeeean?!ā€™.

Why would you want to show your self up as thick/lacking in empathy/having no imagination. You should be able to see things from others points of view or infer things from context or you shouldnā€™t give other people advice or involve yourself in their situation just to start side arguments.
Exactly.

I think some just sit waiting for someone to use a phrase that they can pounce on. Pretending they can't possibly work out what it means, from context.

Showing themselves up as totally stupid while they think it's showing how clever they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
When someone famous dies, there's always some silly twit who turns up to say 'Who? Never heard of them, can't be that famous.'

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thing about people from money is they never tell you they have money. Scruffy clothes, battered cars and tatty houses.
Iā€™ve also found that most people who are rich tend to be extremely penny pinching, which is probably how they got there in the first place.

The exception here being DHs boss who came from nothing and founded a multi million pound business. His parties are EPIC. šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Exactly.

I think some just sit waiting for someone to use a phrase that they can pounce on. Pretending they can't possibly work out what it means, from context.

Showing themselves up as totally stupid while they think it's showing how clever they are.
I think they think if they pretend they donā€™t know what a barm is it makes them middle class šŸ˜‚

I donā€™t use the word barm, I donā€™t know anyone who uses it but when someone tells me they had a bacon barm for breakfast I know what they mean from context and books and tv. They think class is more important than intelligence and they think they same about ā€˜hilariouslyā€™ mocking people.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.