Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone explain this quote taken directly from a thread just now, which is something that is said quite often:

'Firstly, I've name changed for this, because I have mentioned it to several people in real life.'

Am I really dense or something? How does name changing prevent people from guessing it could be someone they know in real life? This particular thread is a very specific situation as well (random packages of paper towels arriving regularly that the OP didn't order, she looked up where it's from and it's a business that no longer exists). Surely if she's mentioned to several people that presumably go on Mumsnet too, then a name change makes absolutely no difference because these people will still read the thread and think 'hang on, isn't that so and so?'
It’s so that if they are identified it can’t be tied back to other posts they’ve made.

Reactions: 8
Skinny jeans are just a leggings replacement unless you’re actually skinny. Clue is in the name. They don’t look great on anyone else.

They’ve been on their way out for the last 10 years…I wish they’d actually go 🤣
No I'm skinny and they look awful on me. They make me look like I've lost my hips somewhere. They look nice on some people but definitely not me!

Reactions: 3
The thread about the woman who let her “ride or die “ BFF down moving home because she wanted her DH to stay behind for support to look after their kid who has the back end of a tummy bug ? Needless to say she’s getting an absolute bashing , what does “ support “ mean , she wants the 2 of them to hold a sick bucket ? The child has had it for a few days now but decides last minute to let her BFF down .

Reactions: 2
What is the obsession with black trainers on style and beauty today 😳 it’s like white trainers are too wild for them!

Reactions: 1
Can anyone explain this quote taken directly from a thread just now, which is something that is said quite often:

'Firstly, I've name changed for this, because I have mentioned it to several people in real life.'

Am I really dense or something? How does name changing prevent people from guessing it could be someone they know in real life? This particular thread is a very specific situation as well (random packages of paper towels arriving regularly that the OP didn't order, she looked up where it's from and it's a business that no longer exists). Surely if she's mentioned to several people that presumably go on Mumsnet too, then a name change makes absolutely no difference because these people will still read the thread and think 'hang on, isn't that so and so?'
I never name changed as couldn’t see the point, but I know there’s clone websites where users are discussed and made fun of and, people get stalked across threads. After my disastrous attempts to get support a year ago albeit in 30 days (not that it got deleted after 30 days I was forced to request it was done) it was constantly brought up every time I posted.

I once had the unfortunate circumstance of someone complaining about me. Not that I realised, I even gave the person advice 🙄 basically I’d trusted her with mental health/family issues which she kept on about wanting to support me with and she went and put ALL the details on MN plus that I was having an affair with her husband (I wasn’t) and was having his baby (i can’t even get pregnant). She printed the thing off and showed me exactly how awful a person I am, Pages there was. MN incidentally refused to delete it, as it was a popular thread. Needless to say, I’ve not spoken to her, her family or friends since and said nothing. She on the other hand has made a complete fool of herself (I think she thought I’d go and tell people - I didn’t because I was so ashamed). Almost ten years ago that was, thread is STILL on there and discussed!

• Wow
Reactions: 18

I don't use my real name on Twitter and at least 2 friends have worked out who I am.

Reactions: 4
I saw a thread on there this morning about someone wrongly being delivered 100s of hand towels. And someone accused them of boasting about it. Like wtf!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I saw a thread on there this morning about someone wrongly being delivered 100s of hand towels. And someone accused them of boasting about it. Like wtf!
I saw that one, someone else suggested calling the police to log it “just in case” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There’s currently a thread about Karen’s diner which is getting more and more bonkers

Reactions: 4
I name change every couple of weeks on there. There are some right stalkers on spin off sites.

Reactions: 1
About the wrongly delivered thread. Are they sure they didn’t get pissed and bought the set themselves? Because that is what I do!

For a while I was convinced I had a secret admirer, because I kept receiving very specific things that I had my eye on. Only to realise it was just me getting wankered and buying all of the stuff myself 😂. I used to be like “Omg how did someone know I wanted a new bath mat set and a new set of mugs!?”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
The top picture, is that the same woman who showcased a Bay City Rollers tribute band outfit recently? Too busy singing Bye Bye Baby to clean her mirror, obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thread going at the moment from someone who thinks calling a bacon sandwich a bacon butty is ‘incredibly common’. Replies are veering between ‘yes, it hurts my middle class ears too’ to the correct response of ‘duck off, you’re an idiot’.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thread going at the moment from someone who thinks calling a bacon sandwich a bacon butty is ‘incredibly common’. Replies are veering between ‘yes, it hurts my middle class ears too’ to the correct response of ‘duck off, you’re an idiot’.
I’m surprised any of those competitive undereaters know what a bacon butty is 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Saying things like “Do people still eat bacon these days? It’s so bad for you. I haven’t witnessed someone eating a bacon sandwich since the 90s”.
Bacon is fine in moderation if you cut the fat off but I’d forgo the bread because CARBS. Come over to the low carb boot camp thread OP, where you can feast on delicious cobwebs and yummy air instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Butty is just a regional name for a sandwich. They all live in the South East and think everything north is Watford is common.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.