Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahaha I’m so glad I’m not alone in cringing myself inside out and back again at the S&B thread. A couple of posters in particular try to emulate the one contributor (who is usually the OP) who always does look good. Or try and get her to validate their tragic choices. Then there’s the headbanger who regularly buys outfits, wears at her leisure and then sends back for refunds and sees no problem with that at all 😂. She also moralised about Sézane’s brush with cultural appropriation and encouraged boycotting, only to carry on buying from them herself weirdoooooo

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone else seen the thread where the OP is claiming she has no money for food the rest of the month? Awful yes? Until you read it and you find that her DH earns 30k a year, she is a ‘SAHM’ and rather than starving to death they will have to ’survive on beans on toast and other things as cheap’ They will also have to give up all their treats and days out so they can afford Christmas.

So like everyone else then? And tell me, what is wrong with beans on toast?🤔 Its one of the healthiest meals you can eat cheaply ffs

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Has anyone else seen the thread where the OP is claiming she has no money for food the rest of the month? Awful yes? Until you read it and you find that her DH earns 30k a year, she is a ‘SAHM’ and rather than starving to death they will have to ’survive on beans on toast and other things as cheap’ They will also have to give up all their treats and days out so they can afford Christmas.

So like everyone else then? And tell me, what is wrong with beans on toast?🤔 Its one of the healthiest meals you can eat cheaply ffs
He earns 30k plus ‘extra projects’ she earns £600 a month plus a ‘size hustle’ they get £100 (don’t know if it’s a week or a month) in universal credit (and presumably child benefit?) and they have savings (and Netflix) but she can’t afford food…

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Maybe she’s worried about all those beans making her fart? As we know that none of them ever trump in front of their other halves😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe she’s worried about all those beans making her fart? As we know that none of them ever trump in front of their other halves😂
Then there's the ones who have the DH and the whole family plus the neighbours (I never exaggerate, ever) in the bathroom while they use the toilet.

There's a happy medium imo 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hahaha I’m so glad I’m not alone in cringing myself inside out and back again at the S&B thread. A couple of posters in particular try to emulate the one contributor (who is usually the OP) who always does look good. Or try and get her to validate their tragic choices. Then there’s the headbanger who regularly buys outfits, wears at her leisure and then sends back for refunds and sees no problem with that at all 😂. She also moralised about Sézane’s brush with cultural appropriation and encouraged boycotting, only to carry on buying from them herself weirdoooooo
There was one poster who was often on there - momamatrix? Or similar name and she dressed beautifully, her house looked stunning in the background too.
However another one who used to be prolific I genuinely thought was a transitioning man when I saw her photos on Twitter after the Jack monroe debacle. She isn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
'trump' makes me want to fart really really loudly, along with all the other twee euphemisms. My MIL, when the children were babies, used to talk about 'bottom burps'. It's a FART FFS!

• Haha
On the other hand, there was a thread in AIBU yesterday about a DH whose farts were so toxic that even the toddler complained while he was changing her nappy and farted 😂.

Someone is hunting for 1980s-style pixie boots 😱🤔🤯😳🫣.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
On the subject of farts, hands up who has read James Joyce's love letters to his wife Nora?

• Haha
  • Sick
'trump' makes me want to fart really really loudly, along with all the other twee euphemisms. My MIL, when the children were babies, used to talk about 'bottom burps'. It's a FART FFS!
It could be worse. ‘Pump’ for example. I bet MNers all pump.

• Haha
  • Sick
There was one poster who was often on there - momamatrix? Or similar name and she dressed beautifully, her house looked stunning in the background too.
However another one who used to be prolific I genuinely thought was a transitioning man when I saw her photos on Twitter after the Jack monroe debacle. She isn’t.
EllaPaella is another one who had amazing clothes and hair and house looks lovely.

Reactions: 1

not as bad as the one who was worried she was going to lose her house because they only earn ‘£64k’ after tax and left with ONLY £700
A month after bills 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It's the new thing. My husband only earns six figures and we know have £2000 after bills and a quarter mil in savings. How will we possibly cope?

It's the new thing. My husband only earns six figures and we know have £2000 after bills and a quarter mil in savings. How will we possibly cope?
I feel your pain. I might even have to give up shopping for treats in the local famer's market and - heaven forfend! - go to that place called Aldi instead. Would one's Bentley be okay in the carpark in such a place? I do worry about jealous poor people keying my luxury vehicle while I'm inside buying cheap avocados.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Everyone knows the polite term is 'passing wind', or 'expelling gas'.
However, my favourite might be 'i could feel it rattling down my legs'.

• Haha
  • Sick

There was one a few weeks ago where she earned £60k and moaned she had no money. But put £750 a month into a pension.

• Wow
  • Haha
There was one a few weeks ago where she earned £60k and moaned she had no money. But put £750 a month into a pension.
But if you pointed out to them that actually they’ve just got their priorities all wrong and are probably tit with money you’d be attacked get piled on by the hierarchy.

Reactions: 5
I feel your pain. I might even have to give up shopping for treats in the local famer's market and - heaven forfend! - go to that place called Aldi instead. Would one's Bentley be okay in the carpark in such a place? I do worry about jealous poor people keying my luxury vehicle while I'm inside buying cheap avocados.
Could you do a diagram? 😁
They really swallow any sort of rubbish on there. A parking thread has them foaming at the mouth and salivating for details.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.