Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Howling, crying with laughter, snorting coffee over the keyboard - they have very low standards when it comes to finding things funny.

I also think that Halloween thread is taking the piss out of people's beliefs. I'm an atheist but respect that not everyone thinks the same way as I do.
I haven't attempted to read it.
I glanced at what was trending on there this morning and couldn't be bothered opening even one of them.

Reactions: 3
Hilton hotels are usually reasonably priced*. Middle of the road I’d say, rather than high end.

* pre-COVID - I imagine prices have gone silly now like everything else.

Magwitch

1. No they wouldn't.
2. Not all rescues are TROUBLED with behaviour issues.

I abhor Mumsnet but the above is incorrect and used by people trying to justify why they spent £xxxxxx on a designer dog with its own health issues, as a result of excessive breeding.
There are many many wonderful breeders who know and passionately love the breeds and who produce beautiful, carefully bred litters with no health issues. I hate the judgement about 'designer' breeds (hate that term too, though I have mixed feelings about some cross breeds). Without these people, so many ancient breeds would absolutely have died out by now (many actually have).

Sw4

VIP Member
Has anyone read the 'Checkmate for DD' thread in AIBU? It started with OP sharing a mildly amusing anecdote, and now it's like fucking Lord of the Flies in there - I thought I was used to MNers being dicks to each other, but I'm reading that thread like 'what is HAPPENING?!'
It's absolutely insane isn't it!

Reactions: 2

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
There's quite a few guilt tripping trolls posting on the various 'should I let my aged parent move in with myself, DC and DH' threads.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Has anyone seen the AIBU post about the girl who was sent the wrong (more expensive) shoes? A legit question of what she should do because they’re lovely shoes.

So many responses saying she’s a thief
Haven't read the thread yet but that's a surefire way to get a good row going on MN. 😁
I wonder is it someone looking for material for an article or something.

Moniker

VIP Member
Many years ago, I had a ringside seat to a real live one of these.

Two academic types doing "onedownmanship" on each other about how they spent their holidays.

One claimed that they "never leave the country (Ireland) as they don't wish to contribute to causing environmental damge but go camping instead."The other countered that they never leave their own house and "we just built a yurt in the garden for the children to stay in."
I'd love to read that thread. If they were real (and I doubt it) I reckon I'd be able to figure out who they are pretty quickly. Sounds fictitious though - most of these types couldn't lie straight in a bed. The women I know (and avoid) who go on like this wouldn't be caught dead posting on mumsnet. Too West Brit.