Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
They are the most dramatic bunch I’ve ever came across. I read a post where a woman said her [COLOR=%s] blood ran cold [/COLOR] when MIL had the cheek to ask if SIL could join for Christmas 😂😂
I love it! I can't for the life of me remember what the thread was about, but someone said their 'jaw hit the floor'. I was glad though that they didn't say 'literally' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Sw4

VIP Member
Do they say they don’t drive because of environmental concerns or health issues, rather than they just can’t pass their driving test?
No, never heard the environment being mentioned in such posts. I aways hear that one being bandied about when it comes to having children though! I have never in real life heard someone say they don't want children because of environmental concerns yet it seems to be be a huge thing on MUMSnet, which I find rather ironic.

• Haha

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Some of the Solovair boots aren’t bad and at least they’re still made in the U.K. I had a Canadian friend so I have heard of Fluevog!

It's all a load of MN baloney. There seem to be a whole load of threads which have ended up on the Daily Mail website.

I have ASD and my son has ASD/ADHD. I have always made an effort not to be rude and I do try to parent my son not to use his condition as an excuse.
Aren’t you tempted sometimes to let rip then say “whoops ASD!”? I know I would.

• Haha

doctordoctor

VIP Member
I must admit, I know everyone thinks MNetters are obsessive about cleanliness, I often find them quite the opposite!

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
There has been some absolutely epic pta drama at my kids school recently and it could make such an interesting and lively post over there along the lines of "share your pta drama stories" BUT I just can't be bothered because we all know it would somehow devolve into complete bullshit along the lines of "well just be glad you even have a pta, we can't because they all died and now no one will do it" or "cripes! Thank goodness our pta only lets in parents with 6 figure salaries so we never have to deal with such shenanigans. Have you tried moving to a middle class area to avoid such horseplay?"... etc Your loss Mumsnet, your loss
BIB - I'm cracking up 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
If it's a profile of herself that she has written, who's to say any of it is actually true? :eek: :eek:

I could write a profile of Serene Serena, make up fake LinkdIn, Facebook and twitter accounts, all corroborating the fictitious fact that I live in a moated castle, earn elevently billion quid a year from my freelance design business, with my 7 gifted and talented children all privately educated Oxbridge material geniuses, my racehorses and labradors and multi-millionaire husband Eric.

Anyone can fake an online life. You only have to read about the Warrior Eli hoax to realise just how invested some people are, in pretending to be someone they're not.
It’s on her company website, along with other press pieces about her/interviews she’s done. I pointed out she’d written one of them as the writing style is so clearly “Xenia”. But the other pieces written by other people all support her online persona.

(By “her company website” I mean the website for her legal practice, which is literally her surname dot com)

It’s legit.

doctordoctor

VIP Member
There’s one in AIBU just now about someone having a Mexican themed New Year party….they’ve been asked to wear a moustache and a sombrero. She’s not happy, feels it’s racist and other posters have advised her to phone the host and tell them just that! No Mexicans, as far as I can tell, have been offended.

That's ironic considering Mumsnetters are the most ungrateful bitches alive. For example on Mothers Day if they're not treat to a four course breakfast in bed on a tray complete with Bucks Fizz and DH showering them with gifts and affection and then taken out for an evening meal they'll come on in their droves to complain of their "mothers day disappointment". None of them every ask for special things to do for their DH on fathers day. And then there's the boxing day disappointment threads as well as you mentioned
Ah, well….in response to those posts, one woman said she was just thrilled to be given a daisy her daughter picked for her in the garden! ‘Course you were love.

• Haha

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
A lot of the houses don't fit with their purported income and status - just standard housing estate. They also seem to spend a lot of money on stuff like Boden, Sezanne, and £800 leather skirts (as well as 50 or so pairs of jeans) but have no decent jewellery; they're always asking where to go for very ordinary jewellery. I'd rather wear supermarket clothing with good jewellery and footwear.

As for Docs, I adore mine and have some from 30 years ago that I still wear. I had to have a joint fusion in my foot thanks to osteoarthritis and the only footwear I can wear comfortably has to have a very giving and padded sole so I live in Docs and FitFlop slides/shoes/trainers/boots. I decided that, if I had to wear granny shoes in my 50s (I'm in my 60s now), then they would be bliddy funky granny shoes! I love the bright colours and floral ones especially. Doc Martens used to do really good ones in their youth sizes - I have a pair of black boots with neon green glow-in-the-dark skeleton feet on them - but they're really boring now. When I worked and went to one particular office, the canteen ladies always wanted to see which boots I was wearing that day 😁.
Yes, they do seem to love spending £200 on high end stuff for no particular reason. Personally companies such as Hush, Me & Em and Jigsaw are out of my price and size range!

I adore a comfy shoe, I have dyspraxia as well as ASD and trip an awful lot. I am always jealous of ladies with size 5 feet and below as the DM kids' range is bloody fab.

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
I struggled not to log in and say “no wonder this place is called a nest of vipers!” I found the OP quite funny.
I didn’t find it funny but I just did the normal thing of exiting the thread and reading the next one, clearly that’s the wrong thing to do and I should’ve been calling the OP all kinds of names and shaking with disgust like other posters on there 😂

Galinda

Chatty Member
For those playing Mumsnet bingo.... ding ding ding

46276924-38D9-472C-B0C4-E8C5C038BA26.jpeg

Although gutted even the Christmas board is no longer a safe space. For years everyone has been sane on that board, it was like a totally different site. I wonder how this one got in 😭

• Haha