Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moniker

VIP Member
That's right, my personal window is 12-8 because I'm not fussed about breakfast but others do other times.
Same. I do it for blood sugar and cravings control/weight maintenance rather than weight loss. I’ll eat whatever on holidays though.

Reactions: 2

GirlWithThePearlEarhole

Sw4

VIP Member
That thread is batshit. One posters son does 22 hours a week on top of school hours
I looked for that thread and can't find it?

Admittedly I was super geeky at school and it wouldn't be unusual for me to revise that much for my GCSE's- but not so many months beforehand! More like April/May time if the exams were in June which I assume they still are?

Aussie

VIP Member
Anyone seen the post where the woman has won £1mil and is asking if she should give her ex 10k (she is remarried)
I'm just currently reading this. Can't figure out if it's real or not. I'm definitely on the side where she shouldn't give ex the money.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Today in moaning about trvial things...painted rocks.
I seen that 🤣 and someone blamed tik tok for the stupid trend. Its quite funny how worked up some people were getting on there

Grammar schools are supposed to be for the academically very bright. If you need tutoring to pass the eleven plus you are not clever enough and will not be able to handle the pressure of a grammar school. The real reason they are so fixated on grammar schools is because they can’t afford to go private but don’t want their kids to mix with the riff raff at a bog standard comp.
As I said its Tutoring to ensure they are getting at least a top 60 place and not tutored to pass.

It's simply not enough to get a score on or above the pass mark, you need to be getting almost full marks or as near as to get a place.

My child has a friend at the grammar school and his Mom was saying that 300 passed the eleven plus, 220 applied for this particular grammar and only the top 60 got a place, despite all passing. The ones who got the place, including her son, were tutored to a high a mark as possible.

The next nearest grammar school only takes 90 children and the next takes a 100 but that's about an hour and a half away in rush hour

Last edited:
  • Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I agree. You’d always have people saying “Oh she’s totally for real” and I just never quite bought it. It’s all too weird, too outrageous and too implausible IMO.
Her posts always seem so attention seeking as well. Like on a thread about someone saying they have 3 kids and are pregnant again and they don’t know how they’ll survive on benefits, along comes Xenia saying if she can have 6 kids and didn’t leave her desk even though she was in labour, so can anyone else, they just need to get the nanny and maid to look after the others. It reeks of bullshit. And because she doesn’t name change, everyone just goes ‘oh, it’s Xenia’. Even rich people aren’t that unempathetic, and she’s been on MN long enough to know that it’s not the done thing to rub your wealth in other people’s faces.

Reactions: 1

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I must admit I don’t understand why some Christian’s have a problem with Halloween? Its a relatively new thing as well as I used to go to a Halloween parties as a child that were held in a church hall which would also be attended by the vicars kids!
I'm not Christian but there's a few videos up on youtube :

Last edited:

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
This wasn’t my experience though - my school was also oversubscribed (as was my brother’s), we both got good marks as did many of our friends, and none of us were tutored bar practise papers at home. The ones who were tutored were the ones that did fairly average/struggled in the school. I think people who do a certain thing are convinced everyone else does that thing to make themselves feel better, but it’s just not true that “everyone” gets tutored. If you’re genuinely very academic then it’s not a competition to get in, just like if you’re sporty it’s not hard to do well on sports day. My original point was that everyone on MN claims their kid is “really bright” (and sporty, and tall) when it’s clearly bollocks and them showing off. As well as the 6 figure salaries and hedge fund manager DHs at the “top of their game”…
Yeah you've also missed my point in the insistence you are right.

Weve gone through the system for grammar 3 years ago and I've got friends children going through it now. If you want to be I'm the top 60, you need to be getting higher than the required pass Mark. Just passing isn't enough.

mdizzl3

I seen that 🤣 and someone blamed tik tok for the stupid trend. Its quite funny how worked up some people were getting on there

As I said its Tutoring to ensure they are getting at least a top 60 place and not tutored to pass.

It's simply not enough to get a score on or above the pass mark, you need to be getting almost full marks or as near as to get a place.

My child has a friend at the grammar school and his Mom was saying that 300 passed the eleven plus, 220 applied for this particular grammar and only the top 60 got a place, despite all passing. The ones who got the place, including her son, were tutored to a high a mark as possible.

The next nearest grammar school only takes 90 children and the next takes a 100 but that's about an hour and a half away in rush hour
This wasn’t my experience though - my school was also oversubscribed (as was my brother’s), we both got good marks as did many of our friends, and none of us were tutored bar practise papers at home. The ones who were tutored were the ones that did fairly average/struggled in the school. I think people who do a certain thing are convinced everyone else does that thing to make themselves feel better, but it’s just not true that “everyone” gets tutored. If you’re genuinely very academic then it’s not a competition to get in, just like if you’re sporty it’s not hard to do well on sports day. My original point was that everyone on MN claims their kid is “really bright” (and sporty, and tall) when it’s clearly bollocks and them showing off. As well as the 6 figure salaries and hedge fund manager DHs at the “top of their game”…

Last edited:

Eenymeenyminymo

VIP Member
Did anyone see the thread about the DH not wanting the OPs sister to come over but didn’t say why? She came anyways and he was weird, didn’t see the outcome and looks to be deleted!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
We also had a "how much do you have in savings" thread here too. It all depends on individual circumstances. Paying for childcare, university etc.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I love a good guest bedroom thread. My guest bedroom is fabulous. It consists of an IKEA full bed height inflatable mattress on the floor of the lounge, accessorised with a George by Asda duvet set and a table lamp doing double duty as a bedside light. I should put it on AirBnB 😂😂😂😂
I'm on my way 🤣. I haven't read the guest bedroom thread but it makes me think of Monica in Friends.😁

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Sink washes are what I have when I'm camping and haven't got 20p for the shower. The rest of the time I jump in the shower, it's quicker, more efficient and I'm sure uses a similar amount of hot water.

Mumsnet posters are a funny lot. I've never had a real life conversation with anyone about how often I wash, how I wash and when I change my bedding :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Another forum I used to be on, that particular topic was dragged up regularly.
Now it didn't have the extremes of Mumsnet but there was one particular poster who was drawn to that topic like a moth to a flame. They were eventually banned as a troll, it took years though.

Claimed to only change the bed - well thankfully I have forgotten the details - but say, once a year, nobody needed to be showering except once in a blue moon, and so on.

Disgusting but also completely invented to troll the place.