Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I think they think if they pretend they don’t know what a barm is it makes them middle class 😂

I don’t use the word barm, I don’t know anyone who uses it but when someone tells me they had a bacon barm for breakfast I know what they mean from context and books and tv. They think class is more important than intelligence and they think they same about ‘hilariously’ mocking people.
Someone in my office asked me to pick her up half a dozen bread cakes at lunchtime. I had to consult Dr Google to find out what they were.

Reactions: 2

Asshats

The only thread I really miss is the S&B one about the royal fashion and jewellery. Some very knowledgeable posters on there. Is there a similar thread on here?

Cinnabun

Chatty Member
What does anyone think of that 'Accused of posting on someone else's LinkedIn' thread? All sounds a bit weird to me...

Pinkii

VIP Member
The chicken wings are actually really good at Hooters, I have to say.

Last time I went to one with my husband, a good few years back, definitely before these “enlightened” times, a bloke served us 🤣
I haven’t been but I have heard its really good! If I had one near me I would definitely go.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
It's a Mumsnet thing to brag about how sporty and active your teenage boys are, and how many calories they consume per day - hundreds of thousands. On the other hand, your teenage girls are petite and dainty, with birdlike appetites.

ETA cross posted with Matt Hancock's biggest fan ;)

I'm assuming it's on the Teenagers section of the forum.
@Gym&Tonic I hope you weren't offended by a thread crossover ;)

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
It works because you're limiting your intake of calories. Like all diets. They're all different ways of doing the exact same thing.
That’s not true. If anything, when you’re doing a very low carb plan (low carb high fat), your calorie and fat intake is high.

It works because you put your body into ketosis. Ketosis occurs when your body doesn’t have enough carbs to fuel itself, so it switches to burning fat instead. Keto appealed to me precisely because I didn’t want to count calories.

DuckDuck

VIP Member
The thread about the woman who let her “ride or die “ BFF down moving home because she wanted her DH to stay behind for support to look after their kid who has the back end of a tummy bug ? Needless to say she’s getting an absolute bashing , what does “ support “ mean , she wants the 2 of them to hold a sick bucket ? The child has had it for a few days now but decides last minute to let her BFF down .

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I posted something the other day on MN and didn't get blasted. I was quite surprised. Some people on there normally get quite irate about not very much.

Cinnabun

Chatty Member
Plenty of pit hair to swish if their personal hygiene is that lacking. Does this somehow link in to the collective Mumsnet "Being obsessed with cleanliness is SO working class" thing?
If anything that site skews towards competitive cleanliness, with people changing their sheets every day and bleaching their skirting boards thrice a week. So this one kind of surprised me.

Moniker

VIP Member
Yes, one should never brag about dress size on Mumsnet, because even a size 8 will be told that in some shops, that's really a size 12. And, as we all know, a size 12 is heading for morbid obesity, seatbelt extensions on aeroplanes and only allowed on certain rides in theme parks.
I fit in to one of my daughter’s Superdry size 8 t-shirts (I tried it on out of curiosity last week after reading about some uproar about an influencer who wears young teen girls’ clothes). Was surprised at how nice it looked. I’m sure that would be problematic for some other reason on Mumsnet, particularly the brand.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Haribo are horrible, and their adverts freak me out! Now a Skittle, or a Starburst, I could eat one of those a year and be perfectly satisfied. This because I am not a big fat greedy pig :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
There's a thread in AIBU, something like WIBU to call the police. OP is getting an absolute hammering for raising potential issue of County Lines. The ignorance of many of those posters is absolutely astounding.
Yes but she’s decided it’s County Lines because of the young man’s rucksack and determined walk to the phone box. And the fact he’s left his toddler sibling with older siblings at the park, announcing Mum’s gone!

Mum has probably gone to work and teenager has just delegated baby sitting duties to his younger siblings, while he retro style phones his girlfriend from a phone box, to invite her back to his. “Mum’s at work, the little ones are in the park, let’s fuck!”

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Not a warning but let's ALL move on from the school discussions
In fairness, how many years ago was this?
I live in a grammar school area (although my little ones are pre schoolers so not relevant to me at the moment) & I would say 99% of the people who want to do the 11+ are tutored from year 4. In fact I know of only 1 person who didnt.
And then its a vicious circle, they take the top 100 scores so if everyone else is tutoring then you better had too!

I vehemently disagree with tutoring as it effectively prices out bright but low income kids & like someone said above it then basically becomes like ‘free’ private education
The comps round here are a disgrace so competition for a grammar place is fierce (I went to a comp that went into special measures, became an academy & then shut due to lack of improvement so speaking from experience)

On the other hand Im a massive hypocrite because when my kids come to that age, will I tutor them to
pass the 11+? Yeah I definitely will 🤷🏼‍♀️ (But would only put them in for it if they are sufficiently academic to cope at a grammar school)
I only put my child in for tutoring for one term before she sat the 11+ because I just don’t agree with aggressive tutoring. Either your child is bright enough or they’re not. Imagine my surprise when I find out some kids have nigh on two years of tuition prior to sitting the exam 😱

Then of course I worried about leaving it too late!

Cariad

VIP Member
Yep, updated last night to let her loyal fans know how bad her life is now. It’s still in my watched threads so whenever she posts I have a nose at what bullshit she’s come out with this time 😂
Is it in aibu or chat?...going to have a nosy