Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blurp

VIP Member
Grammar schools work really well for the kids they do work for and are a completely miserable experience for the ones they don't suit. If you're having to tutor your kid from age 8 to get in they're probably going to be in the second group.
MNers don't care as long as they can boast about the school. Hell, just do the best for your child and just lie on an anonymous forum if you feel ashamed.

Reactions: 4

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?
Old fred here, hope I've done it right!

Thank you @Yel! off to check them out now...

Reactions: 3

GirlWithThePearlEarhole

Unless you already dress in an artsy way, you’re going to look try hard and embarrassing. Much better to wear what you feel comfortable in than selecting what’s essentially a costume, every day.

I want to know what the job is!!
She says she’ll be presenting at art/literature type events. What she’ll be presenting I have no idea.

• Haha

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
There has been some absolutely epic pta drama at my kids school recently and it could make such an interesting and lively post over there along the lines of "share your pta drama stories" BUT I just can't be bothered because we all know it would somehow devolve into complete bullshit along the lines of "well just be glad you even have a pta, we can't because they all died and now no one will do it" or "cripes! Thank goodness our pta only lets in parents with 6 figure salaries so we never have to deal with such shenanigans. Have you tried moving to a middle class area to avoid such horseplay?"... etc Your loss Mumsnet, your loss
Wasn’t there a lemon drizzle cake for a PTA sale Drama one time

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
Those guest room posts were hilarious, ditto the en suite ones (in which nobody's DH should ever defecate in!?) MN reminds me of the bad old days of NCT where it was all one upmanship.

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
Did anyone see the MIL woes one, where her MIL butt dialed her and was heard slagging her DIL off to high heaven. Was such a juicy thread and then lo and behold, I go back for an update to see it was deleted due to privacy concerns 😒

It’s when you realise the long running drama ones are obviously trolls, as every decent thread on there otherwise goes ✨ poof ✨ when it starts to get good. FFS.
MN seem to actively dislike DMILS which is a shame because the DM of DH/DPs gets a hard time even if what they do is seemingly innocuous. I write this as the DM an only child, my DS.*

I love this MN code.

It's only been "the law" for a couple of years, just before CFs aka cheeky fuckers became a thing and the mass hysteria at snapped and farted. That was it for me, just couldn't understand all the howling and waking the baby up over that lame thing. I was only a lurker anyway but quietly reversed out and logged out altogether after that. I still look at it now and then but deary me they are all a bit fucking odd #ooh dont be so mean #be kind # my mil is a narc # i hate my friend # can't answer a knock at the door, phone call or text because anxiety # bunch of absolute fucking weirdos

My very wealthy friend who had a boot room, and also chickens, had a fox come in and scoff them. Lived very rurally. X
I take the credit for starting parking diagrams and I haven’t posted on there for years.

I didn’t post a parking diagram but told an OP that they were a requirement on parking threads. I was, of course, joking but she came back a few moments later with one.

I’m glad my other sarcastic reply didn’t take off. A poster asked what to do about a kitten that kept biting. I posted that the advice was to bite them back.

• Haha

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
I don't think it's common, I think it's the same person, posting over and over again, with a slightly different scenario each time.

I only know of two people who came out as gay after marriage and babies. One was a woman, who always knew she was gay, but wanted to have children the 'normal' way, and the other was a man who was deeply in denial about his sexuality until he met his now husband, when he was in his 40's.
There’s a thread in Aibu about her dad being gay, so a bit of variation from the husband being gay!

• Haha

pommynoir

VIP Member
Anyone seen the post where the woman has won £1mil and is asking if she should give her ex 10k (she is remarried)

• Wow

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
On the personal hygiene threads there's always a debate about having a 'sink wash' with ardent supporters of it claiming how easy it is and they still get clean and save water.

Personally I could not be arsed to faff around trying to wash myself over the sink, dripping water everywhere and still not feeling refreshed. Just hop in the shower for a few mins ffs!!!
Urgh yes THIS! When my (one and only) bathroom got ripped out and then the builder disappeared, I bought myself a camping shower contraption to avoid the dreaded strip wash! I couldn't handle the drips everywhere.

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
There’s a thread about inappropriate things that have happened to you that is feeding the perverts.

I reckon it was started innocently enough but the stories will be giving the pervs plenty of cheap thrills. There have even been posts on it asking people not to feed it.
Yes, it's all gone very icky on there.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Skinny jeans are just a leggings replacement unless you’re actually skinny. Clue is in the name. They don’t look great on anyone else.

They’ve been on their way out for the last 10 years…I wish they’d actually go 🤣
No I'm skinny and they look awful on me. They make me look like I've lost my hips somewhere. They look nice on some people but definitely not me!