Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the marks on the mirror were marks on her outfit and she was wearing her decorating clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Some sort of green stylised bird I think. Goose? Pheasant?

I thought the marks on the mirror were marks on her outfit and she was wearing her decorating clothes.
Some are. I think it's a velvet floral suit.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think they're turtles? Tbh, while I wouldn't wear that skirt myself her outfit is overall infinitely better than the shapeless floral bin bag dresses that seem to be the height of middle class fashion at the moment.

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 2
Usually just lurk on this thread, but, Jesus, Mary, Joseph & the Wee Donkey!
What on earth are these women wearing?
So frumpy! All of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I honestly think I’d rather wear the bay city rollers suit than that dinosaur/goose skirt

• Haha
Reactions: 4
View attachment 1647493
Can someone with better eyesight than me confirm that those are in fact dinosaurs on her skirt?

View attachment 1647496
And if this doesn’t just scream fashion, I don’t know what does. . .
[/QUOTE]

Disclaimer: I quite like the dinosaur skirt

The lady in the dinosaur skirt looks like Kate Middleton if instead of being a princess she became a pre-school teacher/librarian.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think they're turtles? Tbh, while I wouldn't wear that skirt myself her outfit is overall infinitely better than the shapeless floral bin bag dresses that seem to be the height of middle class fashion at the moment.
Bugger! I love a shapeless binbag me - covers a multitude of sins...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Been scrolling through the what are you wearing thread and couldn’t not screenshot these
View attachment 1647492
How is she not MORTIFIED to post a pic of that filthy mirror??

View attachment 1647493
Can someone with better eyesight than me confirm that those are in fact dinosaurs on her skirt?

View attachment 1647496
And if this doesn’t just scream fashion, I don’t know what does. . .
The one in the middle looks like a primary school teacher from the early 90’s. Now I’m all for retro and vintage but thats pushing it IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The one in the middle looks like a primary school teacher from the early 90’s. Now I’m all for retro and vintage but thats pushing it IMO.
The scariest thing is that these are all the people who are giving advice on how to look ‘stylish’ in the S&B threads. It’s the last place I’d go for tips on how to look good and what to buy.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The scariest thing is that these are all the people who are giving advice on how to look ‘stylish’ in the S&B threads. It’s the last place I’d go for tips on how to look good and what to buy.
It's a section of MN that I never go near. Now I know why 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 8
For some reason I envision them all either looking like Miriam Margolyes or Liz Truss in terms of fashion. Maybe I’m wrong?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve just howled at the thread about a man paying for the first date. I think I can see why the OP is single!

Reactions: 3
What about the one that went abroad for a birthday party.

Not buying it but then I don't believe any thread on that site.
F67C875A-3210-4241-8C1B-C0169AAAB7C4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.