Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A little exaggeration and make believe definitely going on with one of the holiday threads at the minute. How much people are spending on holidays, some of the holidays mentioned, multiple long haul each year and thousands of pounds per holiday…..hmmm sure they are all true and very real🙄

I know some people can afford great holidays but they are so expensive now or maybe I’m just lm jealous cos I don’t earn that kind of money and never will 😂 I mean I like a holiday and can currently afford one but wow not the ones mentioned.

Reactions: 11
We havent done a long - 10-14 days - holiday in god knows how long. I do like a 3-5 day break though, and we've got 2 planned for next year, unfortunately both in the same month due to circs - we'll work out how to pay for them nearer the time. I always get homesick and miss my animals even for a short period. Sad fucker :LOL:

omg, there's one now in AIBU wondering whether she should call her friends out on their racist Mexican themed NYE party. Droopy moustaches and sombreros obligatory. Sounds like a laugh to me!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Imagine if you went to your GP and said you had a sore or itchy ‘vulva’. They’d look at you as though you’d gone mad. The correct term is bleeping vagina ffs!

Reactions: 4
This is quite niche but what gets me is when any slight problem is met with an aggressive “go to your doctor”. 2 I’ve come across - a farting husband, and having bad circulation hence needing heating on a lot - “go to the doctor!”.

WTF do they think the NHS is going to do? I’ve had awful farts for 10+ years and have been to the doctor several times - all they do is check you don’t have cancer/IBD and tell you to take peppermint tablets. And what the hell would they do for bad circulation and being cold? Other than a blood test for thyroid issues, if you run cold you run cold. I guess they’re the sorts of people who have millions available to spend on unlimited private healthcare investigating every problem ever.

Reactions: 7
This is quite niche but what gets me is when any slight problem is met with an aggressive “go to your doctor”. 2 I’ve come across - a farting husband, and having bad circulation hence needing heating on a lot - “go to the doctor!”.

WTF do they think the NHS is going to do? I’ve had awful farts for 10+ years and have been to the doctor several times - all they do is check you don’t have cancer/IBD and tell you to take peppermint tablets. And what the hell would they do for bad circulation and being cold? Other than a blood test for thyroid issues, if you run cold you run cold. I guess they’re the sorts of people who have millions available to spend on unlimited private healthcare investigating every problem ever.
This is one of the reasons the NHS is fucked. This week I’ve seen numerous posts and threads across social media about people going to a&e/doctors for no reason and complaining they’ve waited hours, people complaining they can’t get a doctors appointment when they don’t need a doctor, someone known to be rich complaining about nhs waiting times, someone complaining they can’t have a third IVF baby through the nhs and so many threads, like you say, advising people to go to a doctor for all kinds of things that don’t need a doctor eg when I wake up I feel tired before coffee, is that normal? You need a doctor NOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s one in AIBU just now about someone having a Mexican themed New Year party….they’ve been asked to wear a moustache and a sombrero. She’s not happy, feels it’s racist and other posters have advised her to phone the host and tell them just that! No Mexicans, as far as I can tell, have been offended.

That's ironic considering Mumsnetters are the most ungrateful witches alive. For example on Mothers Day if they're not treat to a four course breakfast in bed on a tray complete with Bucks Fizz and DH showering them with gifts and affection and then taken out for an evening meal they'll come on in their droves to complain of their "mothers day disappointment". None of them every ask for special things to do for their DH on fathers day. And then there's the boxing day disappointment threads as well as you mentioned
Ah, well….in response to those posts, one woman said she was just thrilled to be given a daisy her daughter picked for her in the garden! ‘Course you were love.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

I've been to the doctor because of bad circulation / constantly being cold. I had a blood test done as it can sometimes be the sign of an underlying illness. I've got Raynaurds and have medication for it. (my hands go numb if I'm too cold which is actually painful)

I went after my hands turned white and were very painful. They go red and numb after.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Can’t Remember what thread it was but it was about Hotels

one poster was like ‘well we only stay at hilton hotels but i’m a slight hotel snob so thats why’

LOLLL is Hilton still considered high end hotel?

or am I the snob? 🤣🤣
Might as well stay at Travelodge or Premier Inn at that rate. Only the Dorchester, Mandarin Oriental or Lanesborough et al for London.

I’ve watched a few cultural appropriation videos on youtube. The reporter dressed up as a Mexican and in traditional Chinese clothing. The locals said it was nice and they weren’t offended. The white college kids were quick to be offended though.

Reactions: 9
Imagine if you went to your GP and said you had a sore or itchy ‘vulva’. They’d look at you as though you’d gone mad. The correct term is bleeping vagina ffs!
Em no. Well it would depend what bit was sore or itchy. Quite possible to have an itchy vulva as well as an itchy vagina. A doctor should definitely know what you mean if you say vulva.

Reactions: 17
The hole is the vagina and the area surrounding it is the vulva.

If I had an itch on any of them I’d tell the quack I was itchy between my legs…I’m sure they’d get the idea and ask for a look.

There was a thread recently about bed blocking in hospitals and what can be done about it. The solution to me is fairly obvious. Reopen cottage hospitals and convalescent homes for the elderly who aren’t ill they’re just old and need rehab and support to get back on their feet etc. But to get back the point the number of them who effectively said the very elderly should just be left to die, medication should be removed and so forth was really shocking.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I’m absolutely convinced now that mn hq start threads like this to stir people up because this cannot be real
EFAB7ACE-B439-423E-9B22-D1B85569A906.jpeg

ADA07CFE-C293-477E-AB03-5EA21D73D39C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16

No they'd say "And what did your doctor say when you saw them about it?", knowing full well the OP hadn't gone to the doctor

I’m absolutely convinced now that mn hq start threads like this to stir people up because this cannot be real
View attachment 1708406
View attachment 1708407
I was going to post about this. Most the replies are people falling over themselves saying that though they are V rich and live in huge houses they are friends with the poor people they know.
Also someone has dug up an old thread from 2016 where OP mentions her salary and are saying oh you aren't that well off are you? Well 55K is a hell of a lot of a single earner in most places and also that was six years ago so has no bearing on what she might earn now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
No they'd say "And what did your doctor say when you saw them about it?", knowing full well the OP hadn't gone to the doctor
I hate that line. It's not unique to Mumsnet but yes definitely it does turn up on lots of thread there 🙄'what did the police say when you reported it?'

And (very applicable to Mumsnet) 'what did the neighbours say when you spoke to them?'

This of course will be after the poster has agonised for six months over putting a letter in the neighbour's letterbox over something trivial.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m just browsing through S&B and what is going on with the outfit of the day thread? I remember when it was the chance to show off really nice stuff but most of the posters these days just post pictures of themselves in saggy jumpers and old jeans with scruffy slippers!

I remember a poster with IrisApfel in her name from a few years ago who used to post on those threads and she was actually really stylish and edgy with a good eye for what works with what. Now it’s just baggy clothes and dirty mirrors and really unflattering poses too. Why do grown women stand with their legs crossed like little girls who need the toilet?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.