Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone explain what this is actually supposed to entail? As in, physically describe the action because I literally don't understand what it means? With the tinkly laugh, DYMTBSR and 'are you on glue' I can at least picture the effect they're going for, even if I think it's lame. 'Head tilt' always makes me think of their necks lolling around like one of those floppy balloon men you get outside American car dealerships.
It's like a movement of the head to one side, usually use when speaking in a sarcastic or patronising way to someone

Reactions: 3
I love when people tell people to say this 😂 if someone said that to me I’d be like yeah, how did you miss that I was being rude! It’s just a tame version of are you threatening me after someone has very clearly just threatened you!
And it's always trotted out as 'advice' as though whoever is posting it thinks it's truly original and earth shattering. 🤣

I sometimes want to ask have they tried it but, then again, every other poster on there rushes to post threads rather than clearing up the simplest of situations because they 'hate confrontation'...

There was one yesterday, something to do with a boyfriend not having paid his share of a particular bill.
Why would she not simply ask HIM about it!

Reactions: 2
And it's always trotted out as 'advice' as though whoever is posting it thinks it's truly original and earth shattering. 🤣

I sometimes want to ask have they tried it but, then again, every other poster on there rushes to post threads rather than clearing up the simplest of situations because they 'hate confrontation'...

There was one yesterday, something to do with a boyfriend not having paid his share of a particular bill.
Why would she not simply ask HIM about it!
Talk to him you mean? Horror! I have no idea how some people get through the day to be honest, they’re like ‘I’ve been married to my husband for 25 years, together 28, we have three kids and he was in the room watching every birth, I cared for him after his vasectomy, I was there for him when his parents were horrifically killed and he nursed me through breast cancer so we are very close and open usually. He ate the last of the bourbons I was saving to eat while I watch Corrie tonight and I don’t know how to mention it and ask him to pop to Tesco for another packet’.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Talk to him you mean? Horror! I have no idea how some people get through the day to be honest, they’re like ‘I’ve been married to my husband for 25 years, together 28, we have three kids and he was in the room watching every birth, I cared for him after his vasectomy, I was there for him when his parents were horrifically killed and he nursed me through breast cancer so we are very close and open usually. He ate the last of the bourbons I was saving to eat while I watch Corrie tonight and I don’t know how to mention it and ask him to pop to Tesco for another packet’.
LTB and don't look back! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The answers to that would range from:

‘LTB’
to
‘Tesco bourbons? Don’t you know that Tesco’s employ 8 month old babies to make the little holes in those biscuits? You’re a murderer by association’
to
‘His parents died! God, can’t he even eat a biscuit without you getting on the poor blokes back!’

Along with 96 pages of ‘just ask him to nip the shops’ and ‘haven’t RTFT, but have you thought about asking him to the nip to the shop?’. Two days later, after featuring on several online news sites, it would have run into three separate threads after which MN would take it down for ‘a look behind the scenes’ because it was a troll.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
But most of the time the hobby is irrelevant, it's just about how much time or money 'DH' is spending on it (I'm yet to see one where the type of hobby itself is the issue). Yet they'll lay out the finest details of the rest of their predicament which to me would probably be more outing than the cycling hobby 🤷
I think they all take part in American Civil War Re-enactments - it costs a lot of money and is very time consuming and is something that is almost 100% male dominated. They also take it very very very seriously. My friend's brother does it and he nearly punched me when I asked if he was playing soldiers at the weekend.

Either that, or they all do competitive soap carving.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

‘LTB’
to
‘Tesco bourbons? Don’t you know that Tesco’s employ 8 month old babies to make the little holes in those biscuits? You’re a murderer by association’
to
‘His parents died! God, can’t he even eat a biscuit without you getting on the poor blokes back!’

Along with 96 pages of ‘just ask him to nip the shops’ and ‘haven’t RTFT, but have you thought about asking him to the nip to the shop?’. Two days later, after featuring on several online news sites, it would have run into three separate threads after which MN would take it down for ‘a look behind the scenes’ because it was a troll.

Don't forget that another poster, desperate for some of that sweet, sweet attention will start a thread that is 99% similar but swaps bourbons for custard creams because that'll really throw everyone off the scent.

I hate those unimaginative fuckers more than anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

‘LTB’
to
to

And then the TAATs start.
'What happened with the poster whose husband ate the biscuits?
I was sooooooooo invested in that thread. I'm just sitting down with a cuppa now to catch up and it seems to be gone... '

Etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Someone has started a thread asking how many millionaires people think there are in the uk and to Google it and say if how many there actually are is higher or lower than how many you thought there were.

The replies are already hilarious and full of ‘well I know 5 or 6’ and my favourite ‘Much lower than I thought too. I guess one’s perspective is based on the area you live in and the people you know.’

• Haha
Reactions: 16
quite unusual clothing, lol.

View attachment 1627897

My personal fave from the 'what are you wearing today Autumn 22' thread.
I remember this poster, I like how unique she is tbh, and from what I've seen on the thread she seems like a really sweet person. I do get tired of the same old stuff though, and that one who constantly mentions she has horses. Yawn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Style and Beauty remains my favourite place on mn.

Someone posted recently looking for recommendations for a dress to wear to get married - wanted something glam and not white. She posted a beautiful, sexy, satin dress for reference and half the replies went on to recommend a velvet jumpsuit from Nancy Mac 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Every time I read MN I'm left astounded by their complete lack of ability to read the damn room!
On a sad thread, a poster has just been told her husband has 6 months to live max and some idiot goes for a medal in the grief Olympics telling the OP how she only had 24h notice her husband was dying and some people only get a policeman's knock at the door. And another poster telling her to focus on 'making memories' 😩
The poor man died that night.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Every time I read MN I'm left astounded by their complete lack of ability to read the damn room!
On a sad thread, a poster has just been told her husband has 6 months to live max and some idiot goes for a medal in the grief Olympics telling the OP how she only had 24h notice her husband was dying and some people only get a policeman's knock at the door. And another poster telling her to focus on 'making memories' 😩
The poor man died that night.
They’re still moaning about how horrible Tattle is over there, but there have been some bloody awful pile ons and responses to some OP’s recently. They really do think they have the moral high ground just because they’re not gossiping about celebrities.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.