Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The majority of posters on Tattle have empathy unlike Mumsnet. That's been my experience. Respect that others have alternative opinions to your own.

Reactions: 21
The majority of posters on Tattle have empathy unlike Mumsnet. That's been my experience. Respect that others have alternative opinions to your own.
I agree, and it's what makes tattle an enjoyable forum.
Posters have different opinions on topics, which makes the place interesting.
And posters generally respect each others opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Agreed. You get the odd bit of snottiness and everyone tells the snotty poster to rein it in, and everyone moves on. Very refreshing. And I've never seen personal abuse on here, unlike on there.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Every time I read MN I'm left astounded by their complete lack of ability to read the damn room!
On a sad thread, a poster has just been told her husband has 6 months to live max and some idiot goes for a medal in the grief Olympics telling the OP how she only had 24h notice her husband was dying and some people only get a policeman's knock at the door. And another poster telling her to focus on 'making memories' 😩
The poor man died that night.
I remember reading that thread the other day. That poor poor woman, my heart goes out to her

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I was reading a thread tonight about a woman who wasn't keen on her husband's friend. Too boring to go into why but as usual a bunch of sneery, supercilious posters pile on telling her she's controlling and she shouldn't dictate who he can be friends with. Just so unnecessary but the love to put the boot in don't they?

Reactions: 5
I like that mumsnet educated me enough to become aware that at 5'4 I am of low class stock. What is their obsession with tallness? All that waffle about old money and tall kids (man do they dribble over that old money talk). I think they need to get out more. I don't know many old money peeps like most mumsnetters do (lolz), but the impression I have is that they come in all manner of shapes and sizes. With mad teeth and unruly hair. Just like the rest of us, but with more expensive watches.
I often wanted to jump onto one of those threads and ask them how tall the members of the royal family are.

Reactions: 9
I like that mumsnet educated me enough to become aware that at 5'4 I am of low class stock. What is their obsession with tallness? All that waffle about old money and tall kids (man do they dribble over that old money talk). I think they need to get out more. I don't know many old money peeps like most mumsnetters do (lolz), but the impression I have is that they come in all manner of shapes and sizes. With mad teeth and unruly hair. Just like the rest of us, but with more expensive watches.
I often wanted to jump onto one of those threads and ask them how tall the members of the royal family are.
Poor people are short because they only eat poor food which doesn’t have enough nutrients to make them grow tall and they’re stunted from going up chimneys from the age of 2 because they’re so poor. My three sets of twins are all 6ft plus (but very slim, I can see their ribs) because they eat me out of house and home (think berries and salmon from Ocado) and I am not poor so I didn’t have to send them up chimneys to earn money because me and my husband earn so much money (think 6 figures each).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Tallness and thinness. Anyone over a size eight is morbidly obese in their world, in fact even a size eight is pushing it and tippjng the scales. No wonder so many of their ‘DH’s’ leave them and have affairs. Must be like having it off with a bag of bones.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Tallness and thinness. Anyone over a size eight is morbidly obese in their world, in fact even a size eight is pushing it and tippjng the scales. No wonder so many of their ‘DH’s’ leave them and have affairs. Must be like having it off with a bag of bones.
I’m 5ft 11 and I feel quite chubby at a size 8, I prefer to be less lardy and stay a size 4. But the bonus is I can always fit into my designer clothes which I buy because I’m so rich. Word of advice though, I’m 47 but I look 15 so sometimes the designer shop staff don’t take me seriously thinking I can’t afford the clothes, so make sure you dress well to shop in them (think French women) then they know you can afford the clothes and you get excellent service.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m 5ft 11 and I feel quite chubby at a size 8, I prefer to be less lardy and stay a size 4. But the bonus is I can always fit into my designer clothes which I buy because I’m so rich. Word of advice though, I’m 47 but I look 15 so sometimes the designer shop staff don’t take me seriously thinking I can’t afford the clothes, so make sure you dress well to shop in them (think French women) then they know you can afford the clothes and you get excellent service.
Do you get mistaken for your daughters younger sister as well?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wonder what they'd then make of me at 5'/153cm :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why do so many of them now say ‘push back’ about everything? I think someone must have used it once on there and the prim prissy ones thought ‘that sounds a good middle class phrase’ and now they all use it. I’ve just had to stop reading a thread on there about car allowances as ‘push back’ must have been used about 20 times in the thread

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The mat leave one. Obvious troll. It’s concerning how gullible some of the people posting on there are 🙄

ETA also the one where the OP has apparently only paid off £42k of her mortgage in 19 years and her husband’s added ‘a little bit’ every time they remortgaged. Sure..

Is there anything on there anymore that isn’t purely fantastical?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
The mat leave one. Obvious troll. It’s concerning how gullible some of the people posting on there are 🙄

ETA also the one where the OP has apparently only paid off £42k of her mortgage in 19 years and her husband’s added ‘a little bit’ every time they remortgaged. Sure..

Is there anything on there anymore that isn’t purely fantastical?
Yes, anything like that makes my eyes roll. In they rush - is it any wonder Mumsnet is so infested with trolls!

It always amazes me too (not really since it's all baloney) how senior these 😈 people are in their roles, yet make very basic grammar mistakes.

And on another thread there's a supposed teacher who 'would of' done something. 🙄I hope she doesn't teach English.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve never met a group more obsessed with social status than Mumsnetters. All those mad threads about class indicators: U vs. non-u, things that your parents considered “common”, how to dress classy and sophisticated, how much their husbands earn, Russell Group universities… and so on 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve never met a group more obsessed with social status than Mumsnetters. All those mad threads about class indicators: U vs. non-u, things that your parents considered “common”, how to dress classy and sophisticated, how much their husbands earn, Russell Group universities… and so on 🤣
They are obsessed and shouting about it all just shows that most of them have no real money, or if they do they’re all terribly nouveau riche and they just flashing cash on the obvious to be noticed. There’s a saying that ‘money talks, wealth whispers’. Truly wealthy people tend not to be that noticeable, and certainly aren’t as obsessed with the outward trappings as your typical Mumsnetter.

Reactions: 6
I used to read Jilly Cooper novels back in the day and I think that's where a lot of their ideas about being posh come from. 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.