Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's one without twins right now!

In hospital
Starving hungry
Hospital won't feed them
Don't want to inconvenience the nurses
Would go home but nobody there so isn't allowed to leave
Don't have food there because they're starving anyway
There's some cheese in the fridge
They're clean and respectable
Will have a few quid in a fortnight to eat
Doesn't claim any benefits
Doesn't understand how benefits work
Food bank told them to go away because they weren't on benefits
It's two miles walk to the food bank
Doesn't understand what benefits to claim for or how to claim for them
It's terrible to be in a hospital bed that somebody else might need, don't want to be any trouble using up NHS resources
Won't ask for food
So, so hungry

People are asking where they are so they can be taken food (and money).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
There's one without twins right now!

In hospital
Starving hungry
Hospital won't feed them
Don't want to inconvenience the nurses
Would go home but nobody there so isn't allowed to leave
Don't have food there because they're starving anyway
There's some cheese in the fridge
They're clean and respectable
Will have a few quid in a fortnight to eat
Doesn't claim any benefits
Doesn't understand how benefits work
Food bank told them to go away because they weren't on benefits
It's two miles walk to the food bank
Doesn't understand what benefits to claim for or how to claim for them
It's terrible to be in a hospital bed that somebody else might need, don't want to be any trouble using up NHS resources
Won't ask for food
So, so hungry

People are asking where they are so they can be taken food (and money).
If it’s real, then someone so utterly incapable of looking after or advocating for themselves is surely a vulnerable adult, possibly with learning disabilities, in need of Social Services input.

But as they can manage to use a smartphone and chat away on Mumsnet, that doesn’t exactly stack up does it.

Also, why Mumsnet? Why do posters on MN never question the likelihood of childless women, or young teens, registering an account to share tales of woe?

Somewhere out on the internet, people must be swapping stories about defrauding naive idiots on MN and getting swamped with DMs offering to send money via PayPal. Posters even say “This might not be true but I’d rather risk giving away a few pounds to a fraudster than NOT help a person in need” 🙄

Reactions: 7
If it’s real, then someone so utterly incapable of looking after or advocating for themselves is surely a vulnerable adult, possibly with learning disabilities, in need of Social Services input.

But as they can manage to use a smartphone and chat away on Mumsnet, that doesn’t exactly stack up does it.

Also, why Mumsnet? Why do posters on MN never question the likelihood of childless women, or young teens, registering an account to share tales of woe?

Somewhere out on the internet, people must be swapping stories about defrauding naive idiots on MN and getting swamped with DMs offering to send money via PayPal. Posters even say “This might not be true but I’d rather risk giving away a few pounds to a fraudster than NOT help a person in need” 🙄
BIB - Oh they query that from time to time alright. Usually in wide eyed wonderment. Brand new poster etc.

I have no kids (would have loved to have them but que sera sera) and am a member there for years, because it used to be quite entertaining and also there used to be lots of good advice, laughs and conversation in various sections on there - not necessarily kid related.

I don't believe any threads on there anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the thread about stepchildren lying and stealing food? The title is very dramatic and the poor kids obviously have some issues, but the thread has descended into a battle of extremes as usual.

One poster is adamant that all food in the house is fair game for anyone at anytime and if you don’t let your kids scoff crisps and sweets whenever they like you’re an abusive monster. A few posters are challenging them saying if you don’t control what your kids eat they’ll be greedy, fat and thoughtless.

There’s hardly ever a balanced view on mn, and when there is it’s lost in a sea of insanity.

Reactions: 7
Parkrun is free and run by volunteers! How bleeping entitled can you get?!

Reactions: 15
Really funny one atm, funnier to me as I love parkrun.
She not only wants it later on,she wants a speed limit imposed for buggies
She has got a point about the time it starts😂 I’m a lazy cow who’d like to go but after working all week I like a lie in on a Saturday morning 😴

Reactions: 2
She has got a point about the time it starts😂 I’m a lazy cow who’d like to go but after working all week I like a lie in on a Saturday morning 😴
I’ve lost the ability to lie in now so it doesn’t bother me, I’ve been going 5+ years and only learned to love it in the last 12 months

Reactions: 3
This one at the moment in trending: "duck - this means they suspect cancer doesn't it?"

Thankfully the OP is ok, but christ what a piece of work, she was rude to nearly everyone who tried to help her.

Reactions: 5
Anyone read the pet snail thread?….

Am I being totally heartless by thinking “what the actual duck they cannot be serious”?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone read the pet snail thread?….

Am I being totally heartless by thinking “what the actual duck they cannot be serious”?
YES. I was so bewildered by that, I was expecting some sort of reverse, or punchline, then thought the replies would be calling out the OP as a troll but the replies are so serious. I was thinking “what the actual duck” too

• Haha
YES. I was so bewildered by that, I was expecting some sort of reverse, or punchline, then thought the replies would be calling out the OP as a troll but the replies are so serious. I was thinking “what the actual duck” too
I’m glad you thought the same:ROFLMAO: I was beginning to question my sanity because 99% of the replies are showing genuine compassion for the OP and snail…

Reactions: 4
Has anyone noticed the scaffolding threads? I think they are on their 4th one now.
It's as dreary as it sounds.

Although the OP is trying to make it interesting 🤔🙄.
It isn't. Just reads like a load of made up crap.

Personally I like “harping on about” 1976 because I was there and it seared itself (ha!) into your memory in a very special way if you were a 70s kid. I didn’t realise we were “boomers” in direct competition with the heatwave of 2003. I thought I was just having a nice nostalgic chat!
We’re not boomers! We’re the cool Generation Z kids 😊😎😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They all seem to think their kids can do no wrong until they grow up, when they start to really hate them! They don't seem to want to support them a day beyond their 18th birthday and if they can't contribute significantly to the family finances then they are urged to get them to move out!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.