Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BethanyGilbert

VIP Member
My MIL wants to gaze through the window at DS even though I only gave birth 113 months ago. Even worse she has asked if she can do it on a Saturday morning. Surely weekends are time for our little family? DH works in a niche field earning a six figure salary so this is our only time together :(

• Haha
Reactions: 75

Sglodion

Chatty Member
My MIL wants to come round days after I give birth and hold my baby…AIBU to say no?

Absolutely not OP, I never let a soul hold my baby, not even my husband. They only need their mums at that age.
It sound like your husband isn't helping you enough, Jarvis. He needs to realise he's also responsible for this baby HE helped create, not leave you to do all the work. Unfortunately in my experience this is often one of the first signs of an affair
sad.png
Have you noticed any other suspicious behaviour from him recently?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I can’t, the mortgage is in his name only, I gave up work when I was four weeks pregnant (as soon as I got my BFP) because I worked in an unsafe environment (busy central London office with lots of men) and I had to travel on public transport to get there and no one would give up their seat for me.

DH is self employed and works 125 hours a week to earn a six figure salary, we have a massive mortgage because we wanted our forever home before we started our little family :(

• Haha
Reactions: 45
My MIL wants to come round days after I give birth and hold my baby…AIBU to say no?

Absolutely not OP, I never let a soul hold my baby, not even my husband. They only need their mums at that age.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Kurrikawari

The ones that currently make me roll my eyes "I find myself in London, what shall I do?"... it's London, a truly amazing city, you can do anything and everything, you will never run out of things to do, even if you walk in a straight line you will find something to do, or you know Google it based on on your own likes and dislikes... why start a thread about it each time?

And those that think any woman esp at work or a secret hobby who comes within 20 feet of their "DH" will want to have an affair with them, calm down dear I don't think your husband is that hot or interesting that women won't be able to resist. The man's been eating the same chicken for 8 days, imagine what he looks like.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Sglodion

Chatty Member
Feel a bit bad for laughing at someone who's trying to be helpful, but on a thread the other day where OP was canvassing opinions on how worried people feel we should be about this monkeypox outbreak someone described the disease as "worse than chickenpox but milder than smallpox". Thabks hun, super informative. Next time I'm off work and someone asks if I was very ill I'm gonna tell them it wasn't as bad as Ebola but still worse than an itchy toe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

melonpane

Sense of humour bypass, I love the faux confusion in the comments.
They repeatedly boast about living in leafy areas, but feign ignorance when someone challenges it. I too live in a leafy area as the council have rarely swept the streets since covid. ;)

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 12.42.04.png

I have only ever had 2 posts deleted on Mumsnet.
My favourite was during the second lockdown. I had put on a wee bit of weight, like you do quaffing wine on the regular, and discovered one Thursday evening that if I jumped up and down my arse made a clapping sound as the cheeks slapped together.
In a merry mood I went into 'chat' and created a post about it, with a sly wink that my bum was clapping for the NHS.

The comments were furious,
"so you don't support the NHS op?"
"is this supposed to be funny because it isn't?"
"reporting this"
"uurgh, I suppose you don't have a serious illness op?"
"I am a nurse and this has ruined my day"
"people are dying and this is funny to you?"

It was swiftly deleted by the powers that be. I don't think sly or dark humour goes down well there. I f**king hope it does here now I've posted this 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

henriettadubois2

VIP Member
OP: BE HONEST!!!
I’m a 21 year old size 8 top and size 32 bottom with huge norks. I have my NC high earning DDHPSS wedding tonight and need an outfit. Is this frumpy or mumsy?

Replies-

“How DARE you say mumsy and frumpy! So misogynistic and vile!!!”

“I wish I had your skin OP”
D4FF2F01-9AEB-4D7E-91A1-33BEA3225141.jpeg

“Boden is shit now.”

“Wear what u want”

“Oooh I love it, how does it wash?”

“New clothes are evil fast fashion!!! You are killing my child!”

“£1.99 on a dress?!?! Are you mad? All my clothes are dug up from the graves of the dead for FREE!”

“Try white stuff, fat face, joe browns or some other shite boring non fashionable crap shop that ensures you blend in with the mums at the school gate (outing)”

“Have you only been invited to the evening do? Go NC!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
It sound like your husband isn't helping you enough, Jarvis. He needs to realise he's also responsible for this baby HE helped create, not leave you to do all the work. Unfortunately in my experience this is often one of the first signs of an affair View attachment 1280142 Have you noticed any other suspicious behaviour from him recently?
Oh god now you now you mention it, last week he stayed out all night after a 4pm drink at a local pub and I couldn’t get hold of him on the phone. I just assumed he’d passed out in a pile of his own vomit in a grass verge or been arrested and left it at that as I was busy with the baby.
Plus he’s recently taken up a hobby, I can’t say what as it’s outing, but think kayaking. It means he’s out of the house loads.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Traveler001

VIP Member
I’d be happy with a mood ring.
My husband just showed me a photo of a haribo ring when he proposed and I count be happier. We got married in a register office with two witnesses and then just went to work and we’ve been married 89 years and he cut off his narcissist mother for me and does 50% of everything while holding down his 6 figure niche job and raising our very tall, skinny twins with me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I earn a six figure salary and manage a team of 40 but I'm unable to have a conversation with my cleaner. No I need to whinge on Mumsnet and ask if sacking her by text would be unreasonable? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 36

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Another one where the OP’s husband wants to take the family car for a stag weekend which will leave her and her child stranded. Loads of emphatics responses saying “the car stays with the child”!!

Why? Can the child drive? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Someone is moaning about their local M&S staffed by students and the manager only works until 4.30pm… then she wants them to tell her what chips go with steak 🤣
We’d just had a death in the family, moved house and our brains were fried, when on Xmas Eve I realised we’d no food in. I went in to do the Xmas food shop in M&S with my eldest my eldest who was a baby. I realised I couldn’t do buggy and trolley and a student type who worked there volunteered to push the trolley round to help me shop. What a star. I still remember him 16 years later. I also gave him a very unmumsnetty Xmas tip 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Lady_H

VIP Member
Dunno about £4k behind the walls but when we were clearing out my mum’s house my brother and I found 6 diazepams in the bedside drawer. We were dead chuffed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34