Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen the one about their daughter being a newly qualified Teacher? She has a teaching job for 3 days a week as they didn't need a full time teacher so her the poster wants her daughter to work full time so thinks she should be doing agency work teaching on her two days off.

Few posters are saying no, its a perfect introduction into teaching and with planning etc, she has time to do it without the pressure which could put her off etc and there was one who says she should make her pay full market price for rent and leave her to do food shopping etc and that will soon push her into working full time or she can choose to move out on 3 days a week and good luck to her.

One poster does say why do people take glee in making their children struggle and the poster replies and says now is not the the time to be worked part time, they need to save to get out of the parents home.

I've got a 14 year old, I've no idea what the future will be for him, but he has a home with us for as long as he wants and he will always be welcome

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
It was a troll. A previously banned poster apparently. Wtf do these people get out of this. They must be real saddos with no life!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Last week there was a poster asking if anyone could fail their teacher training but it was gone by the time I tried to screenshot.

I really hope the M&S vigilante comes back. All of their threads had been removed before I could read them 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone seen the “was I unintentionally rude” thread? So many people saying it’s rude, inappropriate, passive aggressive, snooty, taking the shine off getting a degree to ask if someone is doing a masters next. Are they right? Sounds mad to me but then I’ve never done a degree.
And of course op sounds like hard work and must have previous for being rude 🫤

Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen the “was I unintentionally rude” thread? So many people saying it’s rude, inappropriate, passive aggressive, snooty, taking the shine off getting a degree to ask if someone is doing a masters next. Are they right? Sounds mad to me but then I’ve never done a degree.
And of course op sounds like hard work and must have previous for being rude 🫤
Ffs they are all hard work on there and must know the cousin.

I only read a page of that thread cos I didn't understand why they were getting irate. Such hard work. There's another one where they are trying to out do each other about sick leave "I haven't had a sick day in 8 years, I haven't had a sick day in 20 years" as though that makes them better people. And all I can think about is the weeks I had to take off after having a seizure and not even being able to have a conversation, or the three months I had off with stress after my mum died cos I kept having panic attacks and couldn't breathe- but hey you're all perfect people for not having sick days.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
How many sick days is a how long is a piece of string question. If you’re ill you’re ill and need to be off work/school.

Reactions: 9
Sorry if already mentioned. The one about the troubling lie in relationships. Wife in America working. Husband supposed to join her but found himself in an Airbnb, then got COVID. It was 27 pages. I started reading Saturday night to get to sleep! Then some started to question if it was a troll thread. It's true, I'm now doubting all the threads. The site is beyond belief. So many dysfunctional UMC people in one place! 🥴

Reactions: 7
I only read a page of that thread cos I didn't understand why they were getting irate. Such hard work. There's another one where they are trying to out do each other about sick leave "I haven't had a sick day in 8 years, I haven't had a sick day in 20 years" as though that makes them better people. And all I can think about is the weeks I had to take off after having a seizure and not even being able to have a conversation, or the three months I had off with stress after my mum died cos I kept having panic attacks and couldn't breathe- but hey you're all perfect people for not having sick days.
Same when SAHMs post about being so unwell they’ve had to ask their husband to take a day off work to take care of the kids. OMG the conniptions! So many Mumsnetters would never dream of doing such a thing. They’d crawl around on hands and knees dragging a sick bucket alongside them rather than ask their husband to stay home and take care of his children. It simply would not occur to them to do such a thing, not to mention that he has a six figure salary and would be putting his job on the line to do something as frivolous as make sure his kids are safe and fed while his wife is sick.

Reactions: 15
Same when SAHMs post about being so unwell they’ve had to ask their husband to take a day off work to take care of the kids. OMG the conniptions! So many Mumsnetters would never dream of doing such a thing. They’d crawl around on hands and knees dragging a sick bucket alongside them rather than ask their husband to stay home and take care of his children. It simply would not occur to them to do such a thing, not to mention that he has a six figure salary and would be putting his job on the line to do something as frivolous as make sure his kids are safe and fed while his wife is sick.
That always makes me laugh. My husband does have one of those jobs (sorry!) and I also work. When I was on maternity leave and one of my other children hadn’t started school yet, I got an awful bug. So he he took time off and it was all fine! Generally, and I appreciate this is different for different people, more senior roles come with more flexibility, so there can be an adjustment in working hours etc. But they all love to martyr themselves.

God I’m glad I found this thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And then there's the endless threads about the women who look sooooo young for their age - getting mistaken for being their children's sister, being ID'd for alcohol purchases, being asked are their parents home when they answer the door - even though they are in their forties/ fifties/ sixties but look like teenagers. 🙄

On and on and on it goes.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Has anyone seen the one about their daughter being a newly qualified Teacher? She has a teaching job for 3 days a week as they didn't need a full time teacher so her the poster wants her daughter to work full time so thinks she should be doing agency work teaching on her two days off.

Few posters are saying no, its a perfect introduction into teaching and with planning etc, she has time to do it without the pressure which could put her off etc and there was one who says she should make her pay full market price for rent and leave her to do food shopping etc and that will soon push her into working full time or she can choose to move out on 3 days a week and good luck to her.

One poster does say why do people take glee in making their children struggle and the poster replies and says now is not the the time to be worked part time, they need to save to get out of the parents home.

I've got a 14 year old, I've no idea what the future will be for him, but he has a home with us for as long as he wants and he will always be welcome
But they won't allow their 17 year olds to watch an 18 rated film.

Reactions: 8
Sick of the anglophobia on Mumsnet. So much racebaiting too. They're worse than Redditors. I'm sorry but this post sounds fake. Even if it's all 100% true the implication itt that this is the average British person is absolutely ridiculous. They have had so many posts like this recently.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.