Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sick of the anglophobia on Mumsnet. So much racebaiting too. They're worse than Redditors. I'm sorry but this post sounds fake. Even if it's all 100% true the implication itt that this is the average British person is absolutely ridiculous. They have had so many posts like this recently.
I don’t believe a word of it tbh, mostly because I’d hope even the saddest of mumsnetters wouldn’t be on mumsnet whilst on holiday fs 😂 I mean surely not?

Reactions: 9
Sick of the anglophobia on Mumsnet. So much racebaiting too. They're worse than Redditors. I'm sorry but this post sounds fake. Even if it's all 100% true the implication itt that this is the average British person is absolutely ridiculous. They have had so many posts like this recently.
They're a self-hating lot! Granted not everyone on there is English but a good number of them are, and every time there's a thread about England (or the UK) or the English it's full of posters saying how English people are rude/lazy/insular/generally horrible to be around. Don't forget they go red and sweaty in the sun and wear tacky clothes that just scream "English!" so they can be spotted a mile off, unlike French or Spanish women who are all classy, elegant, willowy, "put together".

England has its problems, as does every country, but you'd think it's the world's worst shithole based on their posts, and overall it's a decent place to live. On the other hand I've noticed Scottish posters seem to be pretty happy to be in Scotland, though sadly I've never been so can't comment personally!

Reactions: 16
I think the place is growing worse by the week now. Barely any of the old sense of community or happiness to chat on there. I used to like the S&B section, some great talks about style and stuff, but now the entire section just oozes animosity and "wear what you want, who cares!".

I am not even amused by the desperate social climbing and peacock-feathering over money at this point. The entire site is like a bitter, angry carnival of crap.
Actually really sick of the race/trans/misandry stuff. It makes me embarrassed to be their cohort (middle aged, female, white British). I think a lot of people jump on the trans threads with venom, not because they care about women's rights, etc, but because the erosion of women's rights is a mask they can lie behind to spew out their hatred and intolerance. It's like a melting pot of tabloid induced bile these days all round.

Just saw a thread in S&B where someone said they never saw many goths about anymore, and perhaps they were all trans now :(

And tbh, if I started a thread moaning about Britishness I imagine there's be a pile on telling me I ought to bugger off and move abroad. So I don't think there's a stigma about being English exactly, I just get the impression they like to stir and agitate, regardless the subject matter. If they can tear it apart like a pack of hounds, they're happy. I strongly suspect most popular posts nowadays are planned.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
They're a self-hating lot! Granted not everyone on there is English but a good number of them are, and every time there's a thread about England (or the UK) or the English it's full of posters saying how English people are rude/lazy/insular/generally horrible to be around. Don't forget they go red and sweaty in the sun and wear tacky clothes that just scream "English!" so they can be spotted a mile off, unlike French or Spanish women who are all classy, elegant, willowy, "put together".

England has its problems, as does every country, but you'd think it's the world's worst shithole based on their posts, and overall it's a decent place to live. On the other hand I've noticed Scottish posters seem to be pretty happy to be in Scotland, though sadly I've never been so can't comment personally!
Feel free to pop by, we’re pretty friendly 🤣

Reactions: 6
I don’t believe a word of it tbh, mostly because I’d hope even the saddest of mumsnetters wouldn’t be on mumsnet whilst on holiday fs 😂 I mean surely not?
I was about to agree but then realised I'm on Tattle whilst on holiday, so who am I to judge :ROFLMAO: but yes, I think Brits in Spain complaining about how the bloody foreigners should duck off home was over-egging the pudding a bit.

Reactions: 7
Sorry if already mentioned. The one about the troubling lie in relationships. Wife in America working. Husband supposed to join her but found himself in an Airbnb, then got COVID. It was 27 pages. I started reading Saturday night to get to sleep! Then some started to question if it was a troll thread. It's true, I'm now doubting all the threads. The site is beyond belief. So many dysfunctional UMC people in one place! 🥴
Omg I fell for this one, it’s currently being outed but wow, Mumsnet is full of some unhinged mother puckers 🤣

Reactions: 4
Did anyone see the now deleted thread of the mother asking for advice with travelling to Australia with her 1 month old baby to see husband's critically ill mother? ...in the space on 1 hr, she'd gone from asking for advice on how to cope, to travelling to airport hotel for flight the next morning with husband and baby ( even miraculously got an upgrade to first class ) ...however en route to hotel got notification that mother in law was now going for surgery and husband was able to pop on next flight that evening and she'd join the next day!
never mind the fact of how they managed to get passport for 1 month old child who hadn't even had first lot of vaccinations and that flights would probably be booked up / or extortionate price!

Reactions: 12
I started to read the ‘5 years left to live’ thread…she’s started another one about ‘why are you awake just now’ this thread has everything! She’s fallen out of bed, she’s had a migraine to end all migraines…I honestly don’t believe a word of it!

Reactions: 5
Did anyone see the now deleted thread of the mother asking for advice with travelling to Australia with her 1 month old baby to see husband's critically ill mother? ...in the space on 1 hr, she'd gone from asking for advice on how to cope, to travelling to airport hotel for flight the next morning with husband and baby ( even miraculously got an upgrade to first class ) ...however en route to hotel got notification that mother in law was now going for surgery and husband was able to pop on next flight that evening and she'd join the next day!
never mind the fact of how they managed to get passport for 1 month old child who hadn't even had first lot of vaccinations and that flights would probably be booked up / or extortionate price!
I fell for that one because it seemed like such a pointlessly boring thing to troll about that it didn't even occur to me that OP might be lying - you'd think I'd know better having been on there for 10+ years.

Reactions: 1
Sadie Frost’s best friend called her daughter, born in 2004, Sienna. I thought that was odd at the time. They’re a strange bunch though.

Maybe Pippa likes the name a lot or Rose is after another family member.

Has anyone seen the thread about 'help with sorting out the admin of becoming a SAHM'? I think it's one of those 'our household income is £400,000, can we afford to have a baby?' threads. I was semi-believing it until she threw in that they can't buy a house yet because her well earning husband's dad is going to give them some money but he hasn't yet (of course, they can afford a home in a stupidly expensive part of the country on just her husband's salary, but they're lucky enough that DFIL is gifting them some extra.) What do they get out of these threads? Do they want people to tell them that they're lucky so they can feel smug about their fictional circumstances?

The stuff about William sickens me. Is there no integrity and respect for anyone anymore. Whether you despise the RF or not, there's no need for these threads.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Surely it dispels the rumour he cheated with a woman called rose if pippa names her daughter rose

Reactions: 6
I started to read the ‘5 years left to live’ thread…she’s started another one about ‘why are you awake just now’ this thread has everything! She’s fallen out of bed, she’s had a migraine to end all migraines…I honestly don’t believe a word of it!
I thought it's widely acknowledged 5 years left to live is Seafour on their latest bullshit attempt. Similar writing style, disdain for healthcare professionals, large cast of characters etc

Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the thread about 'help with sorting out the admin of becoming a SAHM'? I think it's one of those 'our household income is £400,000, can we afford to have a baby?' threads. I was semi-believing it until she threw in that they can't buy a house yet because her well earning husband's dad is going to give them some money but he hasn't yet (of course, they can afford a home in a stupidly expensive part of the country on just her husband's salary, but they're lucky enough that DFIL is gifting them some extra.) What do they get out of these threads? Do they want people to tell them that they're lucky so they can feel smug about their fictional circumstances?
Usually lies, as these money threads are like fly paper, everyone sticks to them! (page/ad views ahoy!) I often wonder if they're deliberately planted.
I mean, "tell me i am unreasonable because I am richer than you" is like mumsnet crack.

Or...
They want reassurance that they've made it, that life is worth living, THAT THE VOID ISN"T BECKONING.....that someone else is worse off than they are, due to money not having the ability to place a band aid over emotional insecurity, the genetic lottery of health, or existential angst.
But Ppftttt! My income is 400K per WEEK!!! I ought to have popped onto this thread and flexed some serious salary swag muscles.
Beat that, proles!

lol.

Saw a thread yesterday about something totally innocuous, like current trends for dresses, and someone had to cram in a paragraph about all the dresses people were wearing when they attended a function at a private school. Why not just say 'school'? It's as ball achingly desperate as 'leafy area' :ROFLMAO:
A private school is still a school and you can't take it with you when you dieeeee.....no matter how well you can negotiate a knife and fork.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.