Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My cousin is enormous due to being 5'8 and on steroids for a debilitating autoimmune disorder. Whenever I take her out in my (noddy-like tbf) small car the handling goes all weird and she thinks I'm a tit driver as I stall and have trouble getting up hills. But I don't care and duck my suspension :coronation:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The apple hasnt rolled far from the sobbing and shaking tree with this one. Her little cherub got told off by a TA and now OP wants to get Safeguarding involved...Jesus.
1000017104.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Her 6 year old said she felt her personal space was being invaded? Did she really 🤔?!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
All this holiday panic has reminded me of that mental bbc 3 show, sun sex and suspicious parents. It’s like the ideal mumsnetter holiday, where they can follow their children around secretly, judge everything they do, then confront them at the end and give them a massive bollocking. Wonderful!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
All this holiday panic has reminded me of that mental bbc 3 show, sun sex and suspicious parents. It’s like the ideal mumsnetter holiday, where they can follow their children around secretly, judge everything they do, then confront them at the end and give them a massive bollocking. Wonderful!
That programme was all kinds of wrong. Poor kids. Batshit parents. Your first holiday abroad with your friends is meant to be a drunken shagging fest FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
How heavy would someone need to be to damage a bleeping car?
To be fair I remember my little 107 struggling to get up some hills (like I had my foot flat to the floor) when I had two male friends in my car 🤣

I doubt the op has a car that small though so I wouldn’t have thought it would have any impact.

Reactions: 7
Her 6 year old said she felt her personal space was being invaded? Did she really 🤔?!!!!
I wondered that.

I'm surprised the little Madam didn't have words with the TA herself. Surely as an ambryo Mumsnetter, she should by now be at the stage of tilting her head and saying "Did you mean to be so rude?", (though possibly a little young to remember to add the tinkly laugh). If she didn't get an appropriate (chastened) response, she could then follow it up by striding purposefully to the headteacher's office, rapping briskly on the door and walking in to state her case.

I think that child needs to be assessed for MN-intellectual delay.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Years ago, when I was first dating the my partner, he took me home to meet his parents. His mum, God bless her, had a form of dementia and would often say the quiet part out loud. I’m fat, and when we’re talking about cars once his mum piped up with ‘And what about her, does she fit in cars?’ Everyone was horrified but I was killing myself laughing as it was just so funny (and I will hasten to add that I am not that big that I need to be moved in an articulated truck … :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
^^^ literally the EXACT comment I was about to post! 🤣

“Mummy, I felt that my personal space had been invaded, and my boundaries had been disrespected. As such, school is no longer a safe space for me.”

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'll never forget the lad asking his mum for more money for the library but really it was for lap dances 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Years ago, when I was first dating the my partner, he took me home to meet his parents. His mum, God bless her, had a form of dementia and would often say the quiet part out loud. I’m fat, and when we’re talking about cars once his mum piped up with ‘And what about her, does she fit in cars?’ Everyone was horrified but I was killing myself laughing as it was just so funny (and I will hasten to add that I am not that big that I need to be moved in an articulated truck … :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: )
One of my old lady neighbours (proper old, 90+, not Mumsnet old at 61) told me yesterday I looked 'bonny and big' - I think she was paying me a compliment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
^^^ literally the EXACT comment I was about to post! 🤣

“Mummy, I felt that my personal space had been invaded, and my boundaries had been disrespected. As such, school is no longer a safe space for me.”
Sounds like she needs to go private...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wondered that.

I'm surprised the little Madam didn't have words with the TA herself. Surely as an ambryo Mumsnetter, she should by now be at the stage of tilting her head and saying "Did you mean to be so rude?", (though possibly a little young to remember to add the tinkly laugh). If she didn't get an appropriate (chastened) response, she could then follow it up by striding purposefully to the headteacher's office, rapping briskly on the door and walking in to state her case.

I think that child needs to be assessed for MN-intellectual delay.
Don't forget the Mumsnet stare.

Child: Stare
TA: Bursts into noisy tears
Child: Stare
TA: Resigns from job forthwith and runs away

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Never saw the show but do these people not remember what it was like to be a teenager?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why on earth is she terrified about that? My middle kid has just got back from 10 days in Portugal and Spain on his own, obviously I was shitting myself with fear as he is only 26, just a mere baybee :rolleyes:
Those fuckers want to make up their minds, either they want their kids to duck off at 18 or they want to install a tracker on their adult kids in case they fall prey to people traffickers
i have noted that biological kids get chucked out the door at 18, or forced to pay board and do their own washing and cooking. Step mums however, must accept adult children at any age, allow them to live rent free and take care of their every need, it’s the least they could do for the poor child.

My 20 year old still lives with me, although she is off to uni this year. She has recently started sneaking her new, apparently first serious, boyfriend in at night. I am finding it rather amusing and am enjoying playing along. It’s only been a couple of times so not intrusive and no one else has noticed, particularly younger sibling. This way I don’t need to be “cool mom” or start laying down rules, because I actually don’t know which side of the fence I sit 😂. I don’t have a problem with it as she’s 20 and about to move abroad, but I also feel if formal permission were sought I’d have to say no.

Maybe it would make a good mn thread 😂. I can just see the responses now 😂 cummulating in I should make her move out this instant..

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Tenerife lad is hardly going to be dancing until dawn coked up to the eyeballs and tearing about on his scooter … as he appears to be taking 40 euros. 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 20
i have noted that biological kids get chucked out the door at 18, or forced to pay board and do their own washing and cooking. Step mums however, must accept adult children at any age, allow them to live rent free and take care of their every need, it’s the least they could do for the poor child.

My 20 year old still lives with me, although she is off to uni this year. She has recently started sneaking her new, apparently first serious, boyfriend in at night. I am finding it rather amusing and am enjoying playing along. It’s only been a couple of times so not intrusive and no one else has noticed, particularly younger sibling. This way I don’t need to be “cool mom” or start laying down rules, because I actually don’t know which side of the fence I sit 😂. I don’t have a problem with it as she’s 20 and about to move abroad, but I also feel if formal permission were sought I’d have to say no.

Maybe it would make a good mn thread 😂. I can just see the responses now 😂 cummulating in I should make her move out this instant..
Change the locks, pack her bags and leave them on the doorstep, how dare she abuse your good nature like this? Go NC until she is at least 45.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.