Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now not to horrify the Mumsnet Banana Fascists and Diet Police, but I've been staying with some Jewish friends this week and they've been celebrating a springtime festival where it's traditional to make lots of dairy based food, so pretty much everyday for breakfast I've had cheesecake and everyday for lunch I've had pizza or cheese pies. Living the dream, guys, living the dream! :cool:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I can't believe they actually put that much thought into things like this
View attachment 2993585
I read that and I swear to god, I thought it was a parody. When I need a new work mug (which I do, frequently, because I drop them and break them on a regular basis due to my undiagnosed ADHD, dyspraxia and being a very clumsy person) I go to the local charity shop and buy 5 for a quid. My current work mug has 'to dearest Grandad love from Kevin' on it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
What on earth is a ‘sassy’ desk?
One with a row of resin monkeys 'see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' and a smiley face badge glued to the corner of her computer screen, a sign saying 'you don't have to be mad to work here but it helps' and a hand crocheted cushion on the seat, with 'hands off my chair' embroidered on it and a Live Laugh Love poster blutacked to the wall.

I'm going by one of my colleague's desks btw. She thinks she's very sassy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I read that and I swear to god, I thought it was a parody. When I need a new work mug (which I do, frequently, because I drop them and break them on a regular basis due to my undiagnosed ADHD, dyspraxia and being a very clumsy person) I go to the local charity shop and buy 5 for a quid. My current work mug has 'to dearest Grandad love from Kevin' on it.
Are you sure that's not because you admitted a while ago that you are actually a middle aged man:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I can't believe they actually put that much thought into things like this
View attachment 2993585
In fairness, I liked to have a personal cup at work - not because I wanted to "ooze competence, confidence, inner peace and good taste*", but because it made me ill to think that I might drink out of a vessel that that sleazy bastard Lurking Colin had had his sloppy lips** on.

I treated myself to one with a picture of a biscuit on it. I LOCKED it in my desk, because I am a fanny like that. It cost about £1.50, and I bequeathed it to the department when I left.

*"good taste" didn't enter the equation. I worked in a medical field and half of the cupboard mugs had the "Bristol Stool Scale" illustrations printed on them, one was patterned with bloodstains and "World's Best Surgeon" on it, and the rest were largely from drug companies.

**why are creepy men like this always so moist ? <shudders>

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Who has seen the thread about the mum ‘pushed over the edge’ because she couldn’t get Taylor Swift tickets for her daughter’

I’m convinced that this women is a grifter, whose sole purpose in posting is to get a couple of TS tickets gifted😀

The sheer stupidity and naivety of some of these mumsnetters!😮

Reactions: 14
In fairness, I liked to have a personal cup at work - not because I wanted to "ooze competence, confidence, inner peace and good taste*", but because it made me ill to think that I might drink out of a vessel that that sleazy bastard Lurking Colin had had his sloppy lips** on.

I treated myself to one with a picture of a biscuit on it. I LOCKED it in my desk, because I am a fanny like that. It cost about £1.50, and I bequeathed it to the department when I left.

*"good taste" didn't enter the equation. I worked in a medical field and half of the cupboard mugs had the "Bristol Stool Scale" illustrations printed on them, one was patterned with bloodstains and "World's Best Surgeon" on it, and the rest were largely from drug companies.

**why are creepy men like this always so moist ? <shudders>
I also have my own mug at work due to the dubious hygiene of some of my colleagues. I go one step further though and also have my own teabags (Yorkshire) to ensure I dont have to drink inferior blends. I lock both mug and teabags in my desk overnight and don't give a duck if my colleagues think I'm weird or tight. If I have to cope with their batshittery all day I need a proper brew in a clean cup.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Who has seen the thread about the mum ‘pushed over the edge’ because she couldn’t get Taylor Swift tickets for her daughter’

I’m convinced that this women is a grifter, whose sole purpose in posting is to get a couple of TS tickets gifted😀

The sheer stupidity and naivety of some of these mumsnetters!😮
I thought this! Either that or a common or garden beggar using TS tickets as a sob story.

Reactions: 7
My work mug... hopefully not too outing 🙄 Anyway I don't usually work in an office, but I don't want to be identifiable so think place with walls and a roof and a sofa to hide behind if the doorbell rings...

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I also have my own mug at work due to the dubious hygiene of some of my colleagues. I go one step further though and also have my own teabags (Yorkshire) to ensure I dont have to drink inferior blends. I lock both mug and teabags in my desk overnight and don't give a duck if my colleagues think I'm weird or tight. If I have to cope with their batshittery all day I need a proper brew in a clean cup.
Yorkshire Tea is the brew of choice in Chateau Mice as well.

Failing that, Punjana, which is also very nice, but pricier.

Reactions: 4
I used to work with a bloke who had a mug with ‘duck’ written on it a lot. He was really unpopular and had an aggressive manner and the mug felt like part of that and we all hated it. Someone hid it one day finally. Cue much searching and annoyance. Then a suck up (he was senior management) bought him the same mug again. And it disappeared too. Finally on his last day both mugs suddenly appeared at the front of the cupboard.

And they say working from home is less productive.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Yorkshire Tea is the brew of choice in Chateau Mice as well.

Failing that, Punjana, which is also very nice, but pricier.
A weird side effect of Brexit over here (I’m in NI) is that it’s much more difficult to get Yorkshire tea unless you buy the bags that would do a catering company!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I do have my own mug, but it’s just one I bought myself. I didn’t have a list of criteria.

Also I’ve seen so many begging threads for Taylor Swift tickets. People making up all sorts of sob stories including one girl who said TS was her ADHD hyper focus so she can’t believe she doesn’t have tickets over others. Madness.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
They’re probably trying to catch the eye of Swiftie herself after the news report of her giving VIP tickets to a disabled girl and her mum.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had to give up my mug like this when DD started to read <sob>
(Well not immediately, once we’d progressed beyond the Sid’s Nits phase of the reading scheme. I mean she wasn’t some sort of toddler genius or anything)
12CE60F7-AA43-4F92-8DCB-1FBC15378483.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The sassy desk person needs to spend some time in the mad house I work in.
We recently moved around and team mate is now beside a window. She has so much tit on her desk its now taking over the window sill.
We have plants, paintings, all sorts of tat. She has a tiny amount of desk to actually work on.
I want to bring my own mug in, it has duck off written on the base, pretty sure I would get tit for that though.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.